We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Addons?

Addons?

Okay, so reading around in this forum, I am under the impression that LOTRO is starting to do like WoW and involve LUA scripted addons? Is this all user done or is there any plug n' play like there is for WoW? Installing addons into the addon folder, etc.

The reason I ask this is because I am fairly new to computers, and have no idea about how to, where to, or what is LUA scripting, and I don't want to FUBAR my game or account or computer.

Help, advice?

Re: Addons?

It is just like WoW but is a lot more limited in what you can do. Like no threat meters and such so that everyone has to have certain plugins to be allowed in a raid.

The ones here are basically informational or allow for extra quickslots and such. But no macroing or multiple skill with one button capabilities.

Oh yah I wouldn't want much of those. I just want two things, an addon or way to modify my UI skin, look/feel/size, and maybe an addon to modify in game text. All else about the game is great to me.

Hmm, not sure about in-game text.

For skins, check out LOTRO Interface. Actually, look there for Lua plugins as well, if you're interested in any.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Awesome, the LOTRO interface. How does that work, I have the site up and I'm reading through it now, but does that involve me opening text documents and changing the script? Or is there anyway I can insert x folder here in x location and then click x option on during gameplay?

*note* nevermind I am going through the downloads and reading more on it. Thanks!
    Last edited by nfarnham2001; Apr 28 2011 at 01:35 AM.