We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Show some respect creeps/freeps to 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by RogueAllie View Post
    Personally I find it disrespectful to kill greenies trying to do the slug quests, but I do know you have done that many times before. And like someone else said, respect is earned. So unless people know you are doing a 1v1, I am afraid you have put a target on yourself with your playing style that makes it too much fun to try and kill you.
    Pssh, they don't need near as much DP anymore since they're auto-sigs. They killin mah slugs, I'm killin them.

As for the whole 1v1 discussion, I won't get involved because I don't feel like arguing. Just know that if anybody sees me fighting a creep 1v1 at ANY time, I want it. You go away. Or 2v1. Maybe 3v1 depending on the creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    BTW: suiciding into creeps last night after you got some flak isn't really what people are looking for (well, most people). Play hard, play your way but for Eru's sake, stop the frigging hopping around. It's likely the number one reason you're not getting the respect you're looking for. A certain recent hunter transfer could use this advice as well.
    Lmao, this coming from a moron who jumps as he has his mouse on the sprint button as he makes a hail mary to the npcs from this said recent hunter transfer. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronk5 View Post
    Just know that if anybody sees me fighting a creep 1v1 at ANY time, I want it. You go away. Or 2v1. Maybe 3v1 depending on the creeps.
    I have the same feeling, on whatever side I'm on that day.
    This is a common curtesy that most should have, if you see a 1v1 in an odd place, be on the lookout for those who would stop it, you may get a 1v1 of your own

Quote Originally Posted by Kildozre View Post

ps Turbine, Warleader is an endangered species. Act now befor they are all gone!

Thank You

So true, sad and SO true. Wake up turbine... Rolling a WL now is such a sad joke - fix it before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeginor View Post
    I think you mistitled this thread.
    You need to earn respect, not just demand that people show you respect.
    As far as I have seen, you haven't done anything to earn it.
    Basically this. That's been my line for years now. Want respect? Earn it.

As for the whole 1v1 discussion, I won't get involved because I don't feel like arguing. Just know that if anybody sees me fighting a creep 1v1 at ANY time, I want it. You go away. Or 2v1. Maybe 3v1 depending on the creeps.
    Don't tell me what to do!
    [center]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000034e97/01006/signature.png]Spiriel[/charsig]
    [i]Auta i lómë![/i]
    [/center]

No.

PS. I don't even understand the outcast comment. Like the tribe and have good use of opposable thumbs? join it. Don't want to join and solo? don't complain about being an outcast.

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post
    3rd like i said beforehand in game, I'm not ever grouped I choose to solo and with solo you can't be expected to play the same way as if you were in a group. So probably the reason I'm sitting there in the back is because I'm still regenerating from the last time i pushed or I'm evaluating what I can do to maybe get some kills out of a raid on raid action.
    Your definition of solo play is different than mine. In your own words, you tag along the raid trying to leech kills from the raid. This is not solo play... If you want to claim you play solo go ride through the Moors and find your own fights...

Quote Originally Posted by Robek View Post
    Your definition of solo play is different than mine. In your own words, you tag along the raid trying to leech kills from the raid. This is not solo play... If you want to claim you play solo go ride through the Moors and find your own fights...
    I somewhat agree with this. What you have to remember, though, is that this is Nimrodel. Finding anybody besides a greeny just riding around the moors when there's a fight going on is like...impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by callquinta View Post
    Lmao, this coming from a moron who jumps as he has his mouse on the sprint button as he makes a hail mary to the npcs from this said recent hunter transfer. Interesting.
    Keep laughing. I'm starting to enjoy your game pattern: 1. Come to the moors, 2. Get killed serveral times by the enemies you've so quickly made on this server, 3. Leave. I find it shocking, SHOCKING, you had to leave whatever server you came from.

Thanks all for your replies. I'll take them into serious consideration.

I just find it amazing that such a little thing like hopping around can get so many players stirred up and make them "lose" respect for another player. I've already begun to try and control myself from the excessive hopping around such as running away from massive numbers, but know that it's not always because I'm trying to be arrogant. It's just me acting out of boredom because neither side wants to push because of shear overwhelming numbers or they just won't take a few steps out of the npcs.

Honestly I'm not changing my playstyle for anyone or what anyone says. If i feel that I can still escape a defeat I'm going to take that opportunity, if other freeps choose to stay behind that's their own issue. I've always been the player that won't bother with situations that would just be utterly pointless, because dying countless number of times and not seeing any sort of results is not fun for me, and I'd rather just take my ball and go home for a while and come back in a few hours.
    Last edited by Celestrata; Apr 28 2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Removed community guidelines violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robek View Post
    Kabosh, I don't know if you have any toons on this server but seeing that your warg is from E, I would just have to assume that pvp on your server is much different then pvp on the nimrodel server. The actual leeching renown points I get from raid kills is very minimal to my overall renown gain. Most of the renown that i do earn is small 2-3 man groups or complete solo. Simply riding around in the nimrodel pvp zone and hoping that you'll find a high rank creep that won't immediately call out for more creeps to help out just simply does not happen. There are a few, to name a few, musta, dafro, bloodbain, who I have a tremendous respect for and are willing to fight me without having that backup around the corner. But the chances I get to compete with these players seldom ever happens and if I run across them and they seem to not be interested in sparring I will move on.

So what other options are there other then continue to ride around hoping to find fights or just simply give-in every once in a while and hang outside of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post
    I just find it amazing that such a little thing like hopping around can get so many players stirred up and make them "lose" respect for another player.
    I believe what they've been saying all along is you need to EARN respect, it seems you've come here demanding respect (a quick way to ensure what little you may have had is lost and all hope to earn some extinguished) and now you're talking about how people have lost respect for you, to be honest mate i'll drop the hammer and say that it SEEMS nobody had any reason to respect you in the first place so it can't have been lost if it was never there to begin with. I have no qualms with you personally so please don't take this as an insult, this is just me analysing what I believe is you misinterpreting what information others have tried to convey to you throughout this thread.

My 2c, take it or leave it.

This wasn't me creating a thread demanding respect from people, if anyone has misinterpreted this thread it is all the people saying this and I already KNOW that people would much rather just kill me for the hell of it then show me any sort of respect first. Creeps will just continue trying to kill me and I'll just continue trying to live and limit my deaths. I have no quarrels with people in this game as I get a long with most other players quite well and I'll keep doing what I like to do.

I created this thread because I find that players don't respect 1v1s in general as a whole, I was just using my self as an example to show this. There are many other cases where I was watching two other players go at in a 1v1, and then boom, a player comes out of no where and finishes off whatever morale left on the freep/creep for whatever measly renown or infamy that they end up getting for it.

But whatever, it's pvp, i understand that, but sometimes it's just really nice to spar other players without having to worry about if another player is going to spoil the fun...and ya i know there is candy mountain as stated countless times by other people who have posted in this thread, but this is just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by cmash; Apr 28 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
    it seems
    I was telling you how it seemed to everyone, which is why they replied how they did, it's also why you weren't too pleased with most of the replies, once again you misunderstood me.

I think you are missing a valuable point here, 1v1's are rarely KNOWN to everyone as being a wanted 1v1 so if they come across a fight all they see is they should help their fellow player.

Quote Originally Posted by hemenway90 View Post
    I have the same feeling, on whatever side I'm on that day.
    This is a common curtesy that most should have, if you see a 1v1 in an odd place, be on the lookout for those who would stop it, you may get a 1v1 of your own
    no.

it shouldnt be common courtesy. it should be common sense.

u see 1v1 and somebody is watching without helping, then dont join in too.

u see 1v1 and nothing else - wherever that may be - then u should help ur fellow freep/creep unless they specifically tell u to get away, or shout in OOC or send pst, wutever.

that being said......

if u are in 1v1 and dont want anyone to join, then tell people to get away, BUT people STILL join anyway, then u should pick a more remote and hidden location next time.
    if u are in 1v1 and u got ganked in the moors, its YOUR FAULT.
    unless its Droilan. if he's fighting. leave him alone.

even if he asks for help.

dwarf dont need any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueAllie View Post
    I think you are missing a valuable point here, 1v1's are rarely KNOWN to everyone as being a wanted 1v1 so if they come across a fight all they see is they should help their fellow player.
    again, common sense. u see a fight, u help out unless its OBVIOUS they want to be left alone. unless its Droilan.

why the fudge is everyone so fudging hard to understand this concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    Open pvp zones don't make sense! *childish tantrum*

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    My fudge is hard.

Ok, well for me specifically, I prefer to have my 1 on 1 fights left alone, and when I'm fighting i usually wont stop to type in ooc.

Quote Originally Posted by BLoNdiE View Post
    Basically this. That's been my line for years now. Want respect? Earn it.
    I don't want sound like an old geezer (even though I am) but this whole "I must be respected!!!!" thing seems to be a relatively recent occurance, I blame rap music and Aretha Franklin!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8TU0vtcQQ&feature=fvst

....but yeah, respect is earned not demanded, but looking for respect from a bunch of strangers in a video game is rather pathetic.

This whole hopping around thing came up in Rift forums. It seems that the mouse turners think they gain some advantage by jumping around like idiots ./shrug
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Apr 28 2011 at 03:08 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    I don't want sound like an old geezer (even though I am) but this seems to be a relatively recent occuarnce, I blame rap music and Aretha Franklin!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8TU0vtcQQ&feature=fvst

This whole hopping around thing came up in Rift forums. It seems that the mouse turners think they gain some advantage by jumping around like idiots ./shrug
    Hahaha, I agree and I'm not an old geezer.

I really don't see how jumping and spinning actually matters. Me and Jonah have been doing it endlessly for years now in every game we play. Not to really mean anything by it. It's just fun and can probably be categorized as a twitch.

If someone says that they don't like/respect you because you jump around then it's just an excuse for something else they refuse to say in public. (Probably due to the likelihood of bans/infractions)

Quote Originally Posted by hemenway90 View Post
    Ok, well for me specifically, I prefer to have my 1 on 1 fights left alone, and when I'm fighting i usually wont stop to type in ooc.
    ^^^^^^THIS!!!!! Count me in the Droilan group, if you see me fighting a solo Freep, GT*O!!!! and leave me alone!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but typing and fighting don't mix for me, maybe I'll macro GT*O!!!! and leave me alone!!!!

Edited because heaven forbid I get an infraction for GT*O or the word carebear
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

^^^^^^THIS!!!!! Count me in the Droilan group, if you see me fighting a solo Freep, GT*O!!!! and leave me alone!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but typing and fighting don't mix for me, maybe I'll macro GT*O!!!! and leave me alone!!!!

Edited because heaven forbid I get an infraction for GT*O or the word carebear
    You ARE a carebear though! I type in ooc, jump, and talk to Leaveit while fighting 1v1s. xD I also spam glff with my rabble while running instances but that's probably easier.

Count me in the Droilan group
    Yeaaah buddy, more people! It's the group that all the cool kids are joining these days. xD

I pledge and put IXP runes on LI's. At least it gives me something to be concerned about (successfully applying the IXP, not the outcome of the fight.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast