We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Show some respect creeps/freeps to 1v1s

Honestly I'm sick and tired of seeing 1v1s interrupted by complete tards.

I don't understand why people on the Nimrodel server can't show a little respect towards a 1v1 match.

Now i know I'm going to get people responding to this thread saying that I'm QQing and personal attacks such as my playing style, that i "turnandburn" from matches and that I should quit complaining about it because it's a pvp zone and that's what happens...but has anyone wondered why we get so man players leaving this server for others? It's because people don't show respect to one another the way they should on this server.

There are times when I just completely choose not to start attacking someone just because I can. Does anyone know why this is? It's because i show some respect to other players. All I'm saying is this server really needs to grow up in some respects and maybe the pvp on this server might become somewhat enjoyable again the way it use to be.
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Re: Show some respect creeps/freeps to 1v1s

Quit while you're ahead, certain people will "respect" 1v1's and certain people won't. It's a game, though, so remember they're free to zerg a 1v1 just as you're free to run from one.

Quote Originally Posted by cmash View Post

I don't understand why people on the Nimrodel server can't show a little respect towards a 1v1 match.

Now i know I'm going to get people responding to this thread saying that I'm QQing and personal attacks such as my playing style, that i "turnandburn" from matches and that I should quit complaining about it because it's a pvp zone and that's what happens...but has anyone wondered why we get so man players leaving this server for others? It's because people don't show respect to one another the way they should on this server.

There are times when I just completely choose not to start attacking someone just because I can. Does anyone know why this is? It's because i show some respect to other players. All I'm saying is this server really needs to grow up in some respects and maybe the pvp on this server might become somewhat enjoyable again the way it use to be.
    I explained it to you last night. You play likely the most OP class in the game right now and instead of playing it up front like the class is intended, you play it from the back. Further, you run at every opportunity when you find yourself in trouble, including situations where you hang other freeps out to dry when you run. To top it off, you hop around like an idiot. You want 1v1? Go find it somewhere other than 15m from OC, otherwise, I will take what limited opportunity I have to kill you and relish it.

BTW, "complete tards"? Maybe you should roll a creep before puffing your chest up. I have freeps too you know. Rank a creep a bit and come out and let's see who the "complete tard" is. Until then, get over yourself, guards are in for a big nerf. I imagine then we'll see you on a RK like all the other really good players.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    I explained it to you last night. You play likely the most OP class in the game right now and instead of playing it up front like the class is intended, you play it from the back. Further, you run at every opportunity when you find yourself in trouble, including situations where you hang other freeps out to dry when you run. To top it off, you hop around like an idiot. You want 1v1? Go find it somewhere other than 15m from OC, otherwise, I will take what limited opportunity I have to kill you and relish it.

BTW, "complete tards"? Maybe you should roll a creep before puffing your chest up. I have freeps too you know. Rank a creep a bit and come out and let's see who the "complete tard" is. Until then, get over yourself, guards are in for a big nerf. I imagine then we'll see you on a RK like all the other really good players.
    Ok before you go off on anymore outrageous assumptions you should know a few things.

1st of all i have creeps, I have every class with a rank 7 warg, rank 5 spider and rank 4 reaver so i know what it is like to be on creepside so I can puff my chest out, i know what it's like to be an outcast if you're not in BB or SS.

2nd of all I have 5 65s including RK, so yes if i wanted to sure I could faceroll everyone with it or ya sure I could bring out my hunter and join Oafah's raid and mostly sit there to pew pew.

3rd like i said beforehand in game, I'm not ever grouped I choose to solo and with solo you can't be expected to play the same way as if you were in a group. So probably the reason I'm sitting there in the back is because I'm still regenerating from the last time i pushed or I'm evaluating what I can do to maybe get some kills out of a raid on raid action.

4th why shouldn't i try to escape from a massive onslaught of creeps trying to come after me? would you not do the same, you act as if you would stick it out to the end even if you knew you weren't going to get a single kill, c'mon man be reasonable.
    Willdin (Burg) Lvl 85, Ashaburn (Guard) Lvl 85, Bendderr (Champion) Lvl 85, Adanarr (Captain) Lvl 85

Well then maybe those wanting to 1v1 shouldn't try doing so in the areas pretty much everyone goes to check first to find the fight. TA Lawn, near OC or EC isn't really a good place unless everyone knows. If you want to 1v1 then you should make sure both announce it in their OOC channels.

Go to a place that most don't go to 1v1, because lately all the 1v1's seem to be in high traffic areas.

1st of all i have creeps,
    Wanna 1v1 me on freep with any of them then talk about "tards" and such? I'm trying to make a point here about the relative strength of creep vs. freep.

...you act as if you would stick it out to the end even if you knew you weren't going to get a single kill, c'mon man be reasonable.
    I do this all the time, every day. Sorry that's surprising to you.

Wanna 1v1 me on freep with any of them then talk about "tards" and such? I'm trying to make a point here about the relative strength of creep vs. freep.
    I didn't create this thread to talk about the relative strength of creeps vs freeps, I created the thread to talk about how players won't respect a 1v1 match.

What I'm saying is that if there are 2-3 creeps and freeps already watching 2 people go at it's probably a 1v1, and I think more people should try to police their own side as to not ruin the good atmosphere that is currently going on.

---
    Although I do realize that with the recent patch update freeps have become a little more powerful, but you guys had the same advantage on us when mirkwood first came out.

Guardian's getting nerfed heavily would affect PvE too much, anything they would do certainly wouldn't phase me. Guards have always been beasts, from my experience it's just been that for a long time I was one of the very (very) few who was "doing it right."

Not that it matters anyway I've been hustling around on Fosterz (hopes for good champ class update) in the moors lately anyway, it's a nice change of scenery playing a Champ out there at the moment.

Now let's discuss how OP remorseless devs are.
    Last edited by OGsam; Apr 26 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
    Guardian's getting nerfed heavily would affect PvE too much, anything they would do certainly wouldn't phase me. Guards have always been beasts, from my experience it's just been that for a long time I was one of the very (very) few who was "doing it right."

Not that it matters anyway I've been hustling around on Fosterz (hopes for good champ class update) in the moors lately anyway, it's a nice change of scenery playing a Champ out there at the moment.

I prefer to disect guards and why they are OP. The one I cannot stand the most is the melee skill range..... come on......
    [SIZE=3][B][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by hemenway90 View Post
    I prefer to disect guards and why they are OP. The one I cannot stand the most is the melee skill range..... come on......
    Shhh, it's a tanking tool

Quote Originally Posted by OGsam View Post

nuff said...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]FORSION - DORITOES[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quick A**burns! Turn and burn from this thread!!! You get zero respect from me. Running from the front lines is one thing. Jumping as you do it, is the most cowardice. You and those other hiding heavies should be embarrassed by the way you all play. When I played my "OP Warleader" I didnt jump around like a ***! I believe in good sportsmanship, even in a video game. Now man up, act like a "Hero" guardian, and maybe some day you will earn the respect of others.
    ps Turbine, Warleader is an endangered species. Act now befor they are all gone!
    Thank You
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000009839b/signature.png]Killdozer[/charsig]
    Dogzilla the rank8 sc*mbag- Scratchacid the rank7 CC hoar- Cromags the rank8 DS addict- Badbrains the rank8 EZmoder-TheDozer the 2010 Nimrodel Fantasy Football CHAMPION-Paone 65 Warden

Your playstyle does not agree with your class according to some people.
    Play however you like, you pay for it.
    If you want good 1v1s, organise them first, use vent or something.
    Lastly location is the key if you are not being respected, go elsewhere.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Piggy1973; Apr 27 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: forgot a bit
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000f923f/signature.png]Yellzor[/charsig]

I cant add anything to this post already well maybe apicture is i was Blondie or Speeder... but i agree
    Rustynailz The Black Blade

I think you mistitled this thread.
    You need to earn respect, not just demand that people show you respect.
    As far as I have seen, you haven't done anything to earn it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000950d0/signature.png]Aeginor![/charsig]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]The Original Kin Collector![/SIZE]
    [B]Leader[/B], [I]Fend For Yourself[/I]
    [B]Successor[/B], [I]Disciples of Annuminas[/I]
    [B]Officer[/B],[I] Fellowship Of Eriador[/I]
    [B]Member[/B],[I] Vinyara[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]Lords of the West[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]SleeplessKnights[/I]
    [B]Recruit[/B],[I] Sons Of Durin[/I][/FONT]

i will show respect on a 1v1 when i can see obvious agreement between the fighters. jumping around, standing facing each other, not ganking, etc. use common sense. if it's obviously obvious there's an agreed 1v1 then i wont touch them. (afterward tho, if the creep win, i will do everything in my power to kill it. if u dont like it maybe ull pick a better spot next time.)

otherwise, if i run into a random 1v1 fight, i will assist my fellow freep until they msg me not to (pst or anything). if u dont like it, go suck it. i will never assume a fight in the moors to be a "1v1" as above.

likewise, if im doing 1v1 and a freep or creep jumped in on it, and i couldnt get a pst to tell them to stop in time..... then ill suck it. the 1v1 didnt work becoz i didnt plan it well enough. i wont complain nor blame nor claim the win/death unfairly. its the moors. anything goes. ANYTHING. if u dont like it then go play Farmville.

in summary: use some common sense in a free-PvP map.

(QQ on people interrupting a 1v1 in the Ettenmoors of LOTRO is not using ur common sense)

ps: yes, respect is earned. not demanded. tho i dont remember u in the moors so i cant say anythin about ur playstyle, i agree with Aeginor.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

You mean the way you respected a 1v1 I was having? I respect 1v1's between players I respect. Trust me, I will zerg you at each and every oppurtunity.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I havent had an organized 1v1 interrupted in quite a long time.

Map too big.

Population too small.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post

Map too big.

Population too small.
    I can agree with all these statements and be prepared for the Creep population to be even smaller, I hope Freeps will enjoy sparring each other.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Why will the creep population be getting even smaller?
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

It already has considerably, many are just bored of the same landscape, new zone can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post

Map too big.

Population too small.
    It's kind of funny how true this is, Me and Dozer were going back and forth several times at the beach across from GTA while another half a dozen or so on each side stared at each other at stab, simply initiated by targeting him, waiting for him to target me, and jumping. It was almost as though I were saying, "Hey baby, come back to my place and you can own me!"
    [SIZE=3][B][CENTER][COLOR="#FFFF00"]Yohindernoobs
    Shinynailz
    Youradhere
    Zrod[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

BTW: suiciding into creeps last night after you got some flak isn't really what people are looking for (well, most people). Play hard, play your way but for Eru's sake, stop the frigging hopping around. It's likely the number one reason you're not getting the respect you're looking for. A certain recent hunter transfer could use this advice as well.

Personally I find it disrespectful to kill greenies trying to do the slug quests, but I do know you have done that many times before. And like someone else said, respect is earned. So unless people know you are doing a 1v1, I am afraid you have put a target on yourself with your playing style that makes it too much fun to try and kill you.

Keep in mind these "tards" you speak of may have no idea what a 1v1 is-

Candy Mountain is there for a reason. if you want to 1v1 on any other part of the map- you take the chance that you might get inturrupted.

As far as respect goes- theres always gonna be people that dont respect the opponent- you gotta deal with it
    Shakstok

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast