We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Elders in the Shadows - can't find the Ruined Web Trapper

I did all the spider quests near Ost Guruth, except for this one. The spider used to sit, invisible, in a three a spot with walls on three sides, two normal spiders at the front and some victims websacks hanging on the walls.

I was there for 30 min, she never spawned. Ran around all over in case they moved it to a roaming mob, but nothing. At the spot where the spawn used to happen there was a stack of books or some such thing.

Is this missing bug a known bug?

This happened on Landroval, Easter Sunday at about 2:00 - 2:30
    Nobigar Proudbelly - L35 Grand Master Chef, 3 Myrtle Court, Cropfurrows, Southfarthing, Landroval; Gaelivor - L65 Hunter - Lorien; Raeph - L38 Historian - Breeland; Daintybelle Oakenchest - L 65 Midwife - Blue Mountains.

Re: Elders in the Shadows - can't find the Ruined Web Trapper

The spiders for that quest spawn all over but ive found them mostly around the broken bridge that one seems to like the tree to the west of the bridge. Hope it helps :/

Edit: And please tell me if you found

Yes, but this one is a unique that has its own quest. The area path that passes under the broken bridge leads to where she is suppose to spawn and it is directly beneath the stone circle and bridge that leads out into thin air up at the top level.
    Nobigar Proudbelly - L35 Grand Master Chef, 3 Myrtle Court, Cropfurrows, Southfarthing, Landroval; Gaelivor - L65 Hunter - Lorien; Raeph - L38 Historian - Breeland; Daintybelle Oakenchest - L 65 Midwife - Blue Mountains.

I dont normally do this but i'll hop on the game and help whats the characters name?

Well im not a patient person so I hoped on and found the Trapper right where I said it would be :P

Its in the back of the room with walls near the entrance, its in stealth so you won't see it until you're near it.

It's one of the most frequent questions in Lone Lands advice channel that I've answered. Of course on my first character it took me over an hour to find those guys too .

It seems to be impossible to find unless the Trapper is green to you and ambushes you.

I had to bring bait.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Unfortunately it is NOT at the back of the room. I spent half an hour going in and out, along all the walls, killing the two guard spiders over and over and over.

It never spawned. Usually you can easily see it even though it is "invisible". But it just weren't there. Having not done the quest for over a year I thought maybe they moved it.

So now that I have been logged out for a couple of hours I went back in. Still not here.

Been here twenty minutes or so. Every square inch of the place.
    Last edited by Gaelivor; Apr 24 2011 at 06:28 PM.

[IMG] http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/...nShot00004.jpg [/IMG]

That says different

Edit: Just logged on and noticed the trapper moved its under the bridge in stealth mode now. I'm not giving up helping untill you find it.
    Last edited by BlazeYourDeadNinja; Apr 24 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Can people listen to me? It's not there! That may be a spawn location but its only one of them. I'm standing next to the trapper right now and i'm pretty sure im not in that spot!

Well I personally found it there at least three times. After I answered the question they always said "thanks, found it" as well. Not sure what's happening. I'll log in and check too.

It is under the bridge now, I'm sorry for posting wrong info. As Blaze said there maybe more than one spawning place that changes each day maybe. It re-spawned three times quickly because of me trying to get close for a good shot.

Last edited by Elenluin-Menelloth; Apr 24 2011 at 07:56 PM.

ahhh was just there again and no trapper, but I ran right under the bridge and it wasnt there either.

Will go back.

The latest on Alakazam said it was roaming now, but I searched all over the entire site for half an hour that first time.

It is not here. Not under the bridge, not in its old lair. Killed all the possible place holders. Nuttin.

UPDATE:

I put in a bug report. An hour later the Trapper appeared all over the place. I killed him under the bridge, over the bridge on the next level up. And he just keeps showing up every couple of minutes.

It has always had multiple spawn points. The one in the ruined room at the bottom is just the most obvious and easy to find, and it's always worth you time to go over to it and see if it's there.

I've done the quest on several alts and helped several kinnies with it. I'd say about half the time I've found the spider in that spawn point, and the other half we've had to go looking up top for it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000007ede1/01005/signature.png]Cleogrin[/charsig]

It appears as if the problem has arisen again: I've searched Amon Ros for the past half-hour, killing every single spider around save for the Trapper. It's quite frustrating because she's nowhere to be found. Just to confirm, is she, in fact, a stealth creature? Also, which of her spawn points have you found - and, where are they?

Mithgon Nimel of Gondor - Rangers of Ithilien
    -Man
    -Captain
    -Armourer

It has been a while since I last did this quest, but I recall there being several places it might be hiding (and yes, it does use stealth). The ruined room at the bottom (right at the back) seems to be the usual spot, but I've found it on top of the bridge as well as under it. I don't know if it's just my imagination but creatures that use stealth seem to have a smaller aggro range, so you need to be close to get it to attack.

It is there I can confirm it. I did this with a kinmate last week. He is seriously hard to find just keep walking around looking for the stealth icon and bam there he is.

For what it's worth I found the trapper exactly where this picture shows:

http://s1129.beta.photobucket.com/us...00004.jpg.html

That fallen wall that the character is standing on is at one end above the broken bridge, not under it.

Thumbs down

I have done this quest on 3 of my 7 toons within the past year. Each time I had to search about half an hour for the Trapper. (It eventually did.) I'm not sure I'll take the quest again :s

FWIW

confirmed location: 31.3,31.5 (just past the broken platform/bridge on the non platform side). It's "invisible" so you have to get fairly close to aggro it. Took about 10min to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Halroprillalar View Post
    confirmed location: 31.3,31.5 (just past the broken platform/bridge on the non platform side). It's "invisible" so you have to get fairly close to aggro it. Took about 10min to find.
    Confirmed this location 25 Dec 2015. I couldn't find it either, it's been years since I did the quest and I couldn't remember. I checked here and followed the "back of the room" advice, found it immediately. It's always helpful to include coordinates when possible!