We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anniversary Token Wins in Lottery

Anyone having any luck? I have only been playing for two days straight and have one win on 1 of 7 characters. At this rate, I don't foresee me getting any of the event prizes as I don't have hours to kill in the events for a single item. Happy anniversary!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000012b705/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Anniversary Token Wins in Lottery

I've had good luck and won enough tokens for 1 item on each of 2 or 3 characters.
    Last edited by ShinryuLOTR; Apr 22 2011 at 09:20 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up Re: Anniversary Token Wins in Lottery

All my characters have won Anniversary tokens at least once each, and my main also won the Anniversary mount. Just keep playing. The first week I started playing, I didn't win at all, and after that, I win something on at least one of my characters on a daily basis.

It's the very first time I noticed the lotteries - and I won!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    It's the very first time I noticed the lotteries - and I won!
    Yup. Same here. Got a win on two different characters.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000023b1be/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

5 characters, been entering nearly every lottery and I've had 1 win.

Oh, I heard that when you win you get 10 tokens. No, the one time I won was last night and I received one anniversary token. Whippitydo! Another toon won 10 gold tokens, but that's not the same thing. I might get one pie from a box with that one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000012b705/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Earlier the lotteries seemed to be giving real "Anniversary Tokens", now they seem to be for the rather useless Tin, Iron, Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc. tokens.

It wouldn't be so bad if they used the same costs as festivals usually do: 1 horse token & 6 festival tokens for a mount or between 6 and 12 festival tokens for other items. But now it's 3 and 30 for a mount or 20 for anything else, when we can only earn one at a time, and one of the two ways of earning them is limited to twice a day? We need to supplement that with some lottery wins to make it feasible.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Van'cali View Post
    Oh, I heard that when you win you get 10 tokens. No, the one time I won was last night and I received one anniversary token. Whippitydo! Another toon won 10 gold tokens, but that's not the same thing. I might get one pie from a box with that one.

You won ten. The item in the mail shows one, when it goes into your barter wallet it is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Van'cali View Post
    I think the issue might be in the naming of the lotteries. The token lotteries come in two flavours; the Anniversary Token Lotteries, which give the mob drop tokens, and the Anniversary Token draws, which give the special tokens for the horse/anniversary items. Both are still running as before, but due to the naming choice it's easy to get them mixed up.
    Last edited by ShinryuLOTR; Apr 22 2011 at 09:25 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    You won ten. The item in the mail shows one, when it goes into your barter wallet it is 10.
    Yep, just had a chance to log in and it is 10. Thanks!

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Quote Originally Posted by ShinryuLOTR View Post
    I think the issue might be in the naming of the lotteries. The token lotteries come in two flavours; the Anniversary Token Lotteries, which give the mob drop tokens, and the Anniversary Token draws, which give the special tokens for the horse/anniversary items. Both are still running as before, but due to the naming choice it's easy to get them mixed up.

The lotteries have been renamed to reflect what you'll win.

Anniversary Token rewards the special Anniversary Tokens needed to purchase the Mount and other Anniversary specific items.

The other lotteries are now named, Anniversary Tin Token Lottery, Anniversary Iron Token Lottery, etc. and will award those types of tokens. These can be bartered for gift boxes.

I won Anniversary Tokens twice! And I still don't even have half what I need to buy one, single, solitary item....since I won 5 tokens twice, and purchases require a minimum of 20 tokens. I'm glad to see they've increased the lottery winnings.

Wow gee, though. I won twice, and I still have to grind out tokens. Since I refuse to submit myself to the griefers in the bar brawl any longer, I can only hope I win more lottos in the next day or two! ...I wish I could trade these tokens between my characters, then I might have enough to buy a painting before I go on vacation (I'll miss most of the rest of the Anniversary due to being away from the computer up in some gorgeous mountains).

At least these tokens don't take up bagspace, and I can hold onto them for next year, when I should hopefully have a chance to get enough.