We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Rangers Offensive - Teir 1

When I completed my first beer fight I got a new deed tiltled as above. It states I need to find Nidgyl of Bree-Town or Handorad of Esteldin and lend them my aid as they are planning an offensive on Angmar.

Have been unable to find these 2 NPC's. Anyone know anything about this deed.

edit

Have checked the lore book which shows thier locations but they are not to be found there in game!
    Last edited by yurick75; Apr 20 2011 at 03:31 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000e8954/01003/signature.png]Yurick[/charsig]

Re: The Rangers Offensive - Teir 1

This and related deeds are being improperly incrimented. The NPCs are not in game. They're from an event run a long time ago
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

This deed has some cool titles, but it's an obvious bug. The tooltip talks about the Rangers launching an offensive against Angmar. Somehow I don't think a bunch of lushes knocking each other silly in a pub poses any real threat to Mordirith. So if I grind this deed for the titles, will I get to keep them?
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

Actually the npcs havent been removed from game just moved to a different location. The only problem is if your not a cappy or warden you cant speak with them since they are class trainers. They have been moved to Harndirion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000002c444/01001/signature.png]Bradrick[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    This deed has some cool titles, but it's an obvious bug. The tooltip talks about the Rangers launching an offensive against Angmar. Somehow I don't think a bunch of lushes knocking each other silly in a pub poses any real threat to Mordirith. So if I grind this deed for the titles, will I get to keep them?
    Time will tell, but it'll be difficult and you can't complete them all since you can only do 3 on a deed in a day, (6 for days where your 1st 3 complete the deed).

I currently have 5/6 for this deed and all I have been doing the last two days is whacking people in the beer brawl. I guess you can complete the deed by simply being in the beer brawl, though I don't know how.

3 beer fight quests /daily. Each deed has a daily cap of 3. This enables you to do 6 on days where your 3 finish one deed, (because the next 3 will be on a new deed.)

Teir 2 is completable, Teir 3 does not start. Teir 3 is not bugged. Looks like I'll be done beer fighting sooner than expected!

Here is a bit more insight into this deed series.

It looks like the Free Peoples counterpart to the "For the Glory of Angmar" deeds that were implented on Creep side last year. However, those creep deeds were broken in the last update (they disappeared from the log, along with the titles.)

There was the same deed structure, with titles, 3/day limit, and 5 tiers. However the creep deeds were progressed by doing solo / small group quests in the Ettenmoors, like killing Coldfell soldiers, scouting, or collecting troll stone.

I expect the freep version was supposed to be for similar questing, not beer fights, but it looks like another bug. Not surprising if it is for something PvMP related, unfortunately.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

The titles are progressive like crafting, so you lose the previous one when you get the new one.. These aren't for PvMP, at least not initially, they were designed for a 'Welcome Week' event, that ran in the past. Turbine hasn't run it for quite awhile. Codemasters still had it turned on occasionally last year.

The Ranger's Offensive deed was removed from the game? Someone can confirm this?

The two rangers who gave out the quests are no longer in their previous locations (Bree and Esteldin) and no longer give out the quests. They have not been active for several years. They used to be active only during festivals and special events (and occasionally longer, I seem to remember them being on for some months once, before the Codemasters-Turbine transition).

The deed has not been removed from the game as such - the titles still exist for those of us who completed the various tiers - but they are no longer attainable and so far as I know there has not been any comment by Turbine about whether this is a deliberate, permanent choice or simply an unintended oversight which has never been rectified.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]