We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: LOTRO armor and cosmetics

Maybe, but the best part about all the armor in game is that there has to be something you like, when you get it, put it on an outfit and have it there as long as you want. the Dye system lets you match colors so everything looks like it all goes together.

there is a ton of variety in it. I hate some of it but most I am loving so far. Making my own outfit is much more fun to me than just buying a full set anyway. Plus it still lets me equip a ?????? looking piece if it's stats happen to be better and still not change the look of my guy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000009dc66/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

LotRO's cosmetic system is so much better than anything else I've seen in other games. I'd like the multiple dyes and I'd like them to rework the mesh on the lower level items, and I'd like the designers to stop getting fixated on certain things (like the long pointed hoods on the cloaks), more variety = a good thing. Anything else I'd have to say is just my opinion on style/look.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    LotRO's cosmetic system is so much better than anything else I've seen in other games. I'd like the multiple dyes and I'd like them to rework the mesh on the lower level items, and I'd like the designers to stop getting fixated on certain things (like the long pointed hoods on the cloaks), more variety = a good thing. Anything else I'd have to say is just my opinion on style/look.
    The cosmetic SYSTEM is pretty good. But the actual items you can put in those slots are hit and miss, and a lot of the times they're pretty miss as like I've said, a lot of things look thrown into the world rather than a part of the world, compared to NPC outfits.

If you don't want to wear a dress, robe, or armor, you're left with pretty terrible options, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    ^^^ QFT

plus, im all for removing 90% of all armours and cosmetics, and put in more "NPC" look. more middle-earth-belonged outfits. more long coats, ranger coats, hood cloaks, stuff that actually looks like armors and clothings for old-european look. dare i say, more Peter Jackson trilogy look. now THAT looks fantastic.

imagine a full-geared watcher/OD heavies with bright red or bright blue armors standing next to Aragorn in the movie. even the orcs would goes "WT*???"

i think the current armor and cosmetics looks good, dont get me wrong. but theres so much more can be improved if YOU want to be immersed in a Tolkien world.

if u want shiny fantasy sword taller than you with with pink shoulder pads the size of a boat.... then i dont think LOTRO is the right game for that.

BUT that being said, Turbine needs to make their playerbase happy and keep playing this game. so they'll do anything to appease the general population (they did added many many more dye color) so im not holding my breath for some "realism" change. afterall, even if they come up with some Aragorn-long-coat, as soon as i wear it and travel to 21st hall, i'll be surrounded by players coming from Cirque du Soleil. immersion out the window.

as soon as they added that feature, u'll see some folks running around with pink mask and purple face mask. just because they can.

im still against adding more functionality, and more to removing them to restrict people to comply with lore and environment.
    You'll never see them kicking users out of the game because they look ridiculous. Heck, men can still wear dresses. That's just something you're gonna have to accept about the nature of MMOs- some people like to be silly.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

turbine's NEVER going to remove armor pecies from the game, because someone somewhere likes it.

they will however add new gear as things go by, so if you want better looking gear you're best served by advanceing in level. I agree that a lotta the early gear looks like ????, some of the laster gears not too bad though.

for example, take the sellsword's armor

[img] http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/H...ellswordsF.JPG [/img]

that looks like something that you might see in the movies (minus the dorky helm, head gear seems to be turbines weakness)

it's not perfect but it's not too bad.

I suspect as time goes by we're gonna see armor look better and better, as for NPC outfits I'd not be suprised to see more and more of those hitting the store.

Thumbs up Re: LOTRO armor and cosmetics

Well if your looking for cosmetic fashion, you should definitly look at this blog, it covers practically, EVERYTHING, race outfits, or class outfits. They even have an e-mail adress so you can ask the outfit creator to make you a personalized outfit1 I hope i helped, also keep your good stats aswell! http://lotrofashion.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
    No, we only have robes, we don't have long coats.

That's the problem.

I want long coats, with a shirt and breeches underneath.
    Long coats would be nice. Put em in the cloak slot and wear em with the fishing gear for the cowboy look with snow covered hat.

There IS a large amount of disgusting looking gear ingame. Most of the original SoA clothing & armour was absolutely horrible. It looked like it had been sewn together from offcuts.

When I look back at screenshots of the kin from SoA I immediately think "That was the 1970's of Lotro".

It had its own....unique look, certainly.

Some of the original Rift raid Armour was nice looking, but it wasnt until we got Moria that we started to get good looking sets.

Since then the Armour designs have been good with Lothlorien, excellent with Mirkwood, but they have taken a few steps back with the Northmen.

The Elephant in the room is ofc the movies, the armour & costumes in that looked SO good. Even the normal hobbit clothes look "right" because they are natural looks, not some hideous patterened things.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2