We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mysteries of Enedwaith Deed - Counter Problem?

I returned to Enedwaith this evening. My counter for Mysteries of Enedwaith (the very first deed) was at 7/10. I completed Behind Bars, A Timely Rescue, A Pointed Message, and Feral Shadows. The deed counter did not increment. Contacted a GM, and he said that those four quests are not tracked. I handed in two additional quests (Cache and Carry quests) and the deed finally started incrementing. Concerning the first four turn-ins, that makes no sense at all, since they are not dailies and they are Enedwaith quests.

I know that the GMs are often wrong on these issues, so I am curious what experiences other people have with this, or what Sapience might have to say on the issue? I really don't like handing in quests and not getting credited for them, especially on a deed-line that leads to a swift travel route I would really like soon.

And if those quests are not being counted, why?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Chiot; Apr 08 2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: typographical error correction

Re: Mysteries of Enedwaith Deed - Counter Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiot View Post

Thanks.
    It is a bug. When Endewaith was released, I do not believe any of the quests in Fordirith counted toward the Endewaith quest deeds. There was a post by Sapience? listing it as a known problem.
    A fix was put in for Update 2. Sounds like they did not get all the quests.

Turbine's recommendation was to go to other camps. Do quests that count. I bypassed Fordirith went to Echad Saerden and Lhanuch.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine's recommendation was to go to other camps. Do quests that count. I bypassed Fordirith went to Echad Saerden and Lhanuch.
    Well, I like to follow the normal progression of a zone, so I suppose I have to put up with it until I get further south.

How does Turbine let this stuff languish for so long? It doesn't even sound like a tough bug to fix, just setting up some references in the database.

I know there's a great disdain for WoW here, but coming from WoW, I am used to timely fixes to these types of problems. Blizzard does not let bugs like these languish for months and months.

How does Turbine let this stuff languish for so long? It doesn't even sound like a tough bug to fix, just setting up some references in the database.
    Several reasons. Take your pick out of some or all of them:

1) Turbine has limited resources. They do not have the money to fix all the bugs.

2) Problems that are considered minor by Turbine are not a priority. Turbine will put in the fix within 6-12 months.

3) Turbine feels their customers place a higher importance on more new content versus fixes to live content. The longer the content has been out. The low the priority for fixing an issue.
    I know there's a great disdain for WoW here, but coming from WoW, I am used to timely fixes to these types of problems. Blizzard does not let bugs like these languish for months and months.
    Blizzard has more money. Easy to take kind of these kind of issues when your monthly income for WoW is more than the annual income of Turbine from everything they do.

My biggest problem with Blizzard is the lack of content. Blizzard prefers to keep the money for their owners. Or spend it on things like TV ads. Instead of using it to generate content for their customers. Blizzard could probably afford a full expansion every 3 months.

One thing that does annoy about Turbine. Turbine does not appear to have a solid base to develop their software. They have issues with their tooling and the software core. All of which seem to require well trained employees that have to remember to do a lot of manual steps to make sure it works right. Even when they dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s they still have sporadic run time problems especially in instances.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Apr 08 2011 at 07:51 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

It is not a bug that they did not count, because the quests at the first camp are Ranger quests and not Enedwaith quests.

Every quest in the game is categorized by which, IF ANY, faction that is impressed by the fact that you took the time to do that quest. This is true in every zone of the game.

For example, none of the quests that are a part of the epic quest line count towards quest counts in any zone. Also, there are quests in every zone that do not increcment the quest count deed counter.

You stated that the GM stated the quests were not tracked. The GM did not say it was a bug, they said those quests did not count towards the deed as you thought they should. As it is not a bug, it will not be 'fixed' in any future patch. Once you do quests that help the locals, then the quests will begin to count towards that deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    3) Turbine feels their customers place a higher importance on more new content versus fixes to live content. The longer the content has been out. The low the priority for fixing an issue.Blizzard has more money. Easy to take kind of these kind of issues when your monthly income for WoW is more than the annual income of Turbine from everything they do.
    I'd take this comment seriously if Turbine actually released new content in a timely manner. Update 2 was the first content update in, what, a year? Mirkwood was barely an expansion, but it took Turbine over a year to release that. And then two years from Mirkwood to release Isengard (if it releases on schedule and I'd be surprised if content-wise it is larger than Mirkwood.) That is an agonizingly slow release schedule by any measure.

Turbine needs to start hiring a couple additional developers and graphic artists.

My biggest problem with Blizzard is the lack of content. Blizzard prefers to keep the money for their owners. Or spend it on things like TV ads. Instead of using it to generate content for their customers. Blizzard could probably afford a full expansion every 3 months.
    Excuse me? Blizzard has major content updates every 3-4 months, and those content updates usually consist of an entire raid or a new zone, plus class revamps and new UI features. If Blizzard was skimping on content updates, they would not be quite so popular. If they had a content release schedule similar to Turbine's they'd be going F2P as well. Their content updates (some of which are quite large and extensive) between expansions would count as expansions here in LotRO.

Sure, they release expansions on a two year schedule, but in between, you're getting a whole thwack load of content every ~4 months.

We'll see where the Turbine F2P money is going soon enough. If the content updates don't start coming at ~4 month intervals, then we know where the money is going, not into new content, but probably the pockets over at WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadowyn View Post
    It is not a bug that they did not count, because the quests at the first camp are Ranger quests and not Enedwaith quests.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. A third of the quests in Enedwaith are Grey Company quests. And in Echad Dagoras, some of the Grey Company quests count, and others do not.

Further, I've been playing all the way up to Enedwaith. I know what quests should count and what do not. I know dailies do not count, and I know epics do not count. I was not referring to either.

Excuse me? Blizzard has major content updates every 3-4 months, and those content updates usually consist of an entire raid or a new zone, plus class revamps and new UI features.
    Sorry for the derail (My guess to your problem would be it is a bug), but when has Blizzard released a "zone" outside of an expansion? And by "zone" I mean a full zone. Elwynn Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, Eastern Plaguelands etc.

And there should be more than enough quests in Enedwaith to fulfill the deed. The only deeds my main has not finished there are the slayer deeds.
    I believe Socrates said it best when he said, "I drank what?"

You will finish the deed before you leave Enedwaith, bug or not. Just keep questing and ignore the counter. Enjoy the story There's a couple great quest-line stories in Enedwaith imo.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Kordred - Champ | Koridian - Hunter | Ainulindir - Minstrel | Korlod - Burgler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]I sense a disturbance in the forums, as if millions of grammar teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Vilya - Angarain Erain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Baresira View Post
    Sorry for the derail (My guess to your problem would be it is a bug), but when has Blizzard released a "zone" outside of an expansion? And by "zone" I mean a full zone. Elwynn Forest, Stranglethorn Vale, Eastern Plaguelands etc.
    Burning Crusade (Patch 2.4). Isle of Quel'Danas, plus a 5-man instance and the Sunwell Plateau raid.
    Wrath of the Lich King (Patch 3.2). Not a new zone per se, but they added landmass and content to the Icecrown zone, plus a new raid, plus a new quest and reputation hub.

And there should be more than enough quests in Enedwaith to fulfill the deed. The only deeds my main has not finished there are the slayer deeds.
    True enough. I just didn't want it to take an extra hour. Not a serious bug, but by no means something that is a difficult fix, if these relationships (between quests and deeds) are in the database as they should be.
    Last edited by Chiot; Apr 08 2011 at 10:38 AM.

I am curious what experiences other people have with this...? I really don't like handing in quests and not getting credited for them, especially on a deed-line that leads to a swift travel route I would really like soon.
    I appreciate your question and this thread. I am having the same problem (not getting credit for quests) and I was wondering why. Now I know.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001c22fb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]