We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary Item tracker - possible to modify with Lua?

Hi there. I will start by saying I know very little of scripting/programming, which is why I am asking.

Is it possible with Lua to modify the legendary item tracker at all?

What I'd like to be able to do on the most basic level is to make the tracker upside down, as it were, so that the first tracked item is at the bottom of the list and therefore at the bottom of the allocated box space.

This may seem like an odd request, but the reason is that before last weeks patch, the LI tracker appeared to be only 6 items long, and I had it position to the right of my toolbar as far down on the screen as it would go. The last item being tracked was close enough to the bottom of the screen that it was fine.
    Since the patch, it's been expanded to accomodate the full 8 items (even though I haven't bought any extra slots) and subsequently even with the box positioned as far south as it will go, the tracker appears to be floating in space.

Here is some poor ascii art to try to explain what I mean. This is what we have now (when tracking 4 items as an example):

________
    | Item 1 |
    | Item 2 |
    | Item 3 |
    | Item 4 |
    | Blank space |
    | Blank space |
    | Blank space |
    | Blank space |
    |___________|

What I would like is:
    | Blank space |
    | Item 4 |
    | Item 3 |
    | Item 2 |
    | Item 1 |
    |_______|

This way if the box is positioned completely at the bottom of the screen, it will be only intrude into the screen for as many items as you are tracking.

I hope this makes sense. I don't know if it is possible with the current Lua implementation, but if it is, if someone could point me in a rough sort of direction and I'll see if I can work it out.
    Last edited by hamle; Apr 07 2011 at 10:54 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001aad21/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Legendary Item tracker - possible to modify with Lua?

Unfortunately not. Barely anything is accessible in Lua, and this is no exception.

However, it might be possible with UI skinning (although I don't think the art assets required for skinning have been released since the last update?).
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

To put it simply, the plugin system is designed to create additional UI, while the skinning system is designed to modify the appearance of existing elements. Although it is possible to override a few existing elements with Lua (player vitals and bags) - you can't modify those elements via plugins.

As far as skinning goes, it's done via XML - using element id's and a structure, where a reference file is usually included with the latest skin art pack. Unfortunately, they haven't released a new one for this latest patch, so anything changed in this update cannot be modified, unless you want to attempt to "guess" the element id, using the last skin definition file as a reference.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

What I would like is a simple change - put the level of the LI on the tracker. That's useful information, moreso than the LI slot number.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

Thank you all for the info. Just have to hope they release updated UI assets, and the tracker is part of it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001aad21/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    What I would like is a simple change - put the level of the LI on the tracker. That's useful information, moreso than the LI slot number.
    The level is being displayed since Update 2, since the patch it even has a darker background.

I have similar problem with quest tracker, would be much happier if they could populate it from the bottom, so I'd have some space between the tracker and the mini-map.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.