We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Despite being robbed of the title on our first Orthanc clear we went back in and are now known as The Original Challenger of Saruman.

We will be gearing back up for Rohan and the raids to follow soon. If you are interested in raiding at a high level feel free to check us out. We could use most classes, but are particularly looking for a Lore-master main. We aren't in great need of Burglars or Hunters just now.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

We are starting to think about Rohan, getting to 85, and gearing up for the next raid. There is always a good deal of turn over around expansions which creates lots of opportunities for new players. If you have any interest in raiding at a high level and beating the most challenging content in the game, look us up.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

^^ What that guy said.

I'd also like to take some time to "address" a couple things about us. After talking to some newer players on the server, there seem to be some misconceptions about Noldor circulating out there in the nether... or glff.

Some of it is likely a factor of us being unlike any other kin currently on the server. Meaning, we push ourselves to learn (and win) raids at a pace that happens to be different than the rest of the Arkenstone population - at least now that Insurrection appears to be in a sort of flux. I don't know if that automatically means we are "elitist" or "snobs" or any similarly unflattering descriptor.... but rest assured, we are the same variety of human beings that populate other kins. We also occasionally like to get down to business. Push ourselves. We are not a single uni-faceted organism with one purpose and intent. We are comprised of different types of people - just like any kin. Not all of our members raid. In fact, the majority of our members raid very little - ironic as that may seem. I would also venture to guess that our average age is older than any other kin on the server. We are not immature people... for the most part.

Second, people say they have never seen us around so they hadn't even heard of us until they inquired about raiding kins. Yes, we are insular - and possibly to a fault. The reason for this is not because we are "elitist" or "snobs". The reason is simply because we have a solid group of dedicated players and rarely need to look outside the kin to fill groups. It's not a matter of not wanting to, we usually just have no need to.

We don't really participate in glff, which further insulates us from the rest of the server - or at least the vocal/social sect of the server.

Then, of course, there are some who feel the need to slander Noldor any and every chance they get, kick our members out of their PUGs, etc. I'm not sure what the motivation is behind this, but they apparently must have had a bad interaction with one of our members? Or the more recent trend seems to be: person "x" joins kin, sits around for a month, doesn't sign up for any raids, yet wonders why we don't give them a spot with our best raiding group. Then leave because we're "elitist" or "snobs". Kind of a no-win situation for all involved there, don't you think?

Lastly, I know there are one or two people still around Ark who were in Noldor at one time and things just didn't work out. That's life, I guess. It happens. It would be nice if such people could recognize that and move on, but they have apparently chosen the chip-on-the-shoulder strat, much less to identify with a kin based on a years-old experience. So be it. Noldor is better-off without those types of people anyway. Don't listen to them. They aren't like us. They probably aren't like you, either.

So in all, I just want folks to know there is no need to think we aren't looking for people like them. Most of us learned to raid in Noldor - we didn't come here with tons of MMO experience and years of raiding behind us. WE know what it's like. While we have probably morphed into something that no longer caters to a person just starting out with MMO raiding, we have seen many players with marginal raiding skills blossom into superior players here. Every new raid we typically find ourselves looking for 3-5 new reliable players - players who just need to play with other solid players in order to realize their full potential.

In Noldor, we all are well aware that none of us as an individual is greater than the sum of our parts. If Noldor has any pride, it's in that we have had a streak of putting solid teams together for a few years now. The main reason many of our most seasoned players keep playing is not necessarily because we love everything about the game..... it's our appreciation of each other - the team - above and beyond all else. Don't be intimidated by our past accomplishments or anything silly like that. We may just be the home you've been looking for all along... but you won't know unless you try!
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

/bump

Current kin activities include full t2c clears of BG, ToO, OD, as well as the various three and six mans as we await the release of the second half of the instance cluster. You will also find us in the Ettenmoors on either creeps or freeps when the mood strikes us. Check us out at thenoldor.guildlaunch.com to learn more.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Noldor is still selectively recruiting. Current class needs are as follows:

high: minstrels, captains, lore masters, burglars
    medium: wardens, rune keepers
    low: guardians, hunters, champions

check us out at thenoldor.guildlaunch.com
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Hello Arkenstone.

I am here to announce that Noldor will no longer be recruiting. The officership of the kin, along with many of our core members have determined that once we have completed the Erebor raid challenges, our fine kin will be entering a potentially permanent hibernation.

LotRO is no longer the game that many of us stuck around for. Raids and instances have become an afterthought to the development team, the new loot system is completely demotivating and the regular addition of silly gimmicks are tarnishing what was once the most appealing MMO around. The niche for a raid-focused kin appears to be steadily shrinking. The main raid developer of the past 3 years is now tasked with Hytbold-like projects instead of multi-boss raids. The service model that Turbine has adopted appears to be to offer as little as possible for as much ching as possible. I for one refuse to support it with anything other than my Lifer TP stipend. Should the game show signs of returning to its former self, we may rise from the ashes - but those chances are looking all too slim.

So thanks for all the memories, Arkenstone. A lot of years have been put behind us... but the inevitable day has finally dawned for this old kin. Take care and be kind to each other.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Hello Arkenstone.

I am here to announce that Noldor will no longer be recruiting. The officership of the kin, along with many of our core members have determined that once we have completed the Erebor raid challenges, our fine kin will be entering a potentially permanent hibernation. ..

So thanks for all the memories, Arkenstone. A lot of years have been put behind us... but the inevitable day has finally dawned for this old kin. Take care and be kind to each other.
    While I don't play on Arkenstone, the Noldor have been a part of the #lotro Raiding community for quite some time, and it will be a sad day when you depart.

May Turbine create content that brings you back to a place where you enjoy the game once more! Thank you for your many contributions that have aided many players in their first steps in becoming raiders.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Breaks my heart Wootie. You guys had been such a presence on Arkenstone and Global achievements. I truly hate to see you guys go, but I guess it's been in the process for sometime now. Wish you guys the best of luck wherever you end up.

Bit stunned and saddened. Have known a lot of good people over the years in Noldor and very sad to see you go. Always hope for Helm's Deep righting the raid ship, we'll keep the Arkenstone light on for ya either way. /Salute
    [center][url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5955992nwnHM.png[/img][/url]
    [size=3][b][url]www.ShadowLotro.com[/url][/b][/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Hello Arkenstone.

I am here to announce that Noldor will no longer be recruiting. The officership of the kin, along with many of our core members have determined that once we have completed the Erebor raid challenges, our fine kin will be entering a potentially permanent hibernation.

LotRO is no longer the game that many of us stuck around for. Raids and instances have become an afterthought to the development team, the new loot system is completely demotivating and the regular addition of silly gimmicks are tarnishing what was once the most appealing MMO around. The niche for a raid-focused kin appears to be steadily shrinking. The main raid developer of the past 3 years is now tasked with Hytbold-like projects instead of multi-boss raids. The service model that Turbine has adopted appears to be to offer as little as possible for as much ching as possible. I for one refuse to support it with anything other than my Lifer TP stipend. Should the game show signs of returning to its former self, we may rise from the ashes - but those chances are looking all too slim.

Sorry to hear it Wootie, it's really an unfortunate thing the game is becoming and Turbine has definitely made their priorities clear with the selection on Player Council and upcoming content announced. I wish all of you guys good luck in whatever other games you choose, and hopefully LOTRO will improve again the future, for everyone's sake and investment.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Go check out Neverwinter Online and start a guild on the Beholder Server....invite me when you do (been playing since 4/27...yes i'm a founder...2 whole days in ) and invite my buddy Koon and teach me how to heal in that game. Oh and bring Mums so he can become the richest person in that game too...or is Oji richer?

Anywho...I feel ya. Been part of Lotro since 2007 but have hibernated from the game for 3.5 years or so off and on. Taking a break is good thing because everytime I come back it feels new again. So peace out, have fun playing other stuff, and see you in the Fall for Helm's Derp

Q
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words, everyone.

Many of us have started leveling toons in Rift on the Wolfsbane server. If anyone is intereted in exploring the end-game over there with us, send Oji or me a mail. Otherwise, our progression group is still raiding here 1-2 nights/week for the immediate future anyway.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

This is sad.

I don't know many people in Noldor very well, but there's no kin I respect more. Obviously, they're good raiders. They have the progression to prove it. But more important, the way they carry themselves and interact with the server deserves respect.

Noldor is the top raiding kin on the server and one of the best in LOTRO, period. But they never seemed to feel the need to wave it in everybody's face and guys like Adaaon were always among the first to congratulate other groups when they cleared raid content.

Here's hoping you guys find your way back to the game at some point. In the meantime, enjoy wherever it is you migrate to.
    [center][color=white][b]DROVER[/b] - champion[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROGARTH[/b] - captain[/color] [color=red][b]DROVANN[/b] - guardian[/color] [color=white][b]DROTHIR[/b] - Loremaster[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROVII[/b] - hunter[/color] [color=red][b]DROGREN[/b] - burglar[/color][/center]
    [center][URL]http://tmoh.guildlaunch.com/[/url][/center]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2