We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Imladris OD Raid Progression

Congratulations to all those people and kins who worked on the Ost Dunhoth raid at the level 65 cap! However, now that the level cap has increased I won't be updating this thread again. Well done to all of those who attempted this challenge and here's the list of those groups that succeeded at various locks of the instance:

Aussieplayers (alliance raiding group), Council of Eriador, Dude Where's My Goat, Forbidden Few, Mount Doom Camping Trip, Prism (alliance raiding group), Rohirrim, There and Back Again, and Valacirca

I look forward to hearing about everyone's adventures in the new content. Good luck!
    Last edited by NEVERMOREGLORY; Oct 22 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Final Update

Re: Imladris OD Raid Progression

Also, I think it'd be neat for the new servers to be able to show the old servers that we can be competitive in these new raids. From what I've seen on the main OD raid progression thread only one kin from Riddermark and one from Dwarrowdelf are completing wings in OD (looks like they will be starting T2 this week)

Let's show the old guard that with some awesome folks - even without 12/12 of them fully decked out in rare drop items and BG gear - we can succeed at challenging instances

I just want to add as a veteran of an older server that many raiding kins start on these raids in Bullroarer and often beat content before it goes live. I know of kins that beat the BG raid before it ever went live. We dont have to compare ourselves to them

The primary point is more to compare ourselves to the standard of the game (successfully completing raid locks) and bond as a community. The fact that other servers, young or old, have successfully completed wings should only serve as added inspiration to us.

since we're already on there, i might as well put it out there that we've completed the first 4 wings (wound/fear/disease/poison) on t1.

and now we're done, t1 clear . big thanks to hawfor and roland who helped get gortheron down, and kaluminati for ivar.

Congratulations guys! Great job

So I know it's not the biggest achievement, but the Aussieplayers cross-kin group (with a couple of helpful fill-in Shirelings!) took down T1 disease last night and is going to be working our way through the raid in a serious way now. We're a few weeks behind but are finally organised with a pretty solid group so I expect to be updating his post before too long

Quote Originally Posted by PsychobabbleJJ View Post
    So I know it's not the biggest achievement, but the Aussieplayers cross-kin group (with a couple of helpful fill-in Shirelings!) took down T1 disease last night and is going to be working our way through the raid in a serious way now. We're a few weeks behind but are finally organised with a pretty solid group so I expect to be updating his post before too long
    Congratulations Psycho and to the others in your group. It's good to hear your group is up and running now.

Valacirca just completed disease wing tier 2, no challenge done....yet.

aussie players completed wound wing T1 last night

Council of Eriador completed wound wing T2 today.

Council of Eriador completed Disease Wing T2 today.

GJ on the T2s CoE .

Aussieplayers got T1 fear down last night. Making our way through slowly but surely, hopefully we can catch up before long!

Thank you Psycho. Great players you've got there.

CoE has also cleared the raid on T1 as of 05/16.

Thanks to Raymin for filling in and helping Prism beat T2 Wound tonight.

Council of Eriador completed Disease Challenge tonight.

Aussieplayers completed T1 Poison =)

(This may or not be the place for it, but I'll put it out there anyway)

I haven't been able to raid much lately, big time work commitments (sorry Aerg and Valacirca!!!!) but one thing I have noticed is that the Poison Boss (kill the giant with the four platforms) is incredibly laggy everytime I am in there.

I ran this in T1 and it was laggy and I've been in once in T2 and it was laggy.

It seems to me that the biggest mitigating factor for the challenge here is actually the lag.

So, is anyone else seeing substantial / partial lag in this room / encounter? (I suspect also that multiple people with performance / bandwidth issues actually compounds the issue, but that's speculation.)

Gratz to the raid teams out there - Prism, Aussieplayers, Mount Doom (And Vala or course). No doubt someone's gonna get T2 Poison imminently ( go go Vala - about to change video cards so I dont crash anymore!!!)

Cheers, GWB
    Last edited by scaramunja; Jun 19 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Hmm as far as I know none of my raid-mates are having any significant lag in Poison wing. I am dreading stepping into the T2 Durin's Bane fight though because I really think we'll see some rough lag there but as for Poison I don't think I've heard anyone vocally cursing the lag. Of course they may just be dying quietly in their own parallel laggy universe but I don't think so.

We had some incredible lag last week in DB, including people getting frozen in mid-air when punted. Not a massive problem on my end, but our tank wasn't able to do a thing for some 10 seconds. Then we saw how well hunters could tank.

Anyhow, I propose we find 8 rks and get Fear Challenge done with. I'm quite sure I won't be alone in this... craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by NEVERMOREGLORY View Post
    Hmm as far as I know none of my raid-mates are having any significant lag in Poison wing. I am dreading stepping into the T2 Durin's Bane fight though because I really think we'll see some rough lag there but as for Poison I don't think I've heard anyone vocally cursing the lag. Of course they may just be dying quietly in their own parallel laggy universe but I don't think so.
    When Ive been into pew pew the Balrog we had an isolated case of lag for one person. That seems to be multiplied by 3 on Poison boss.

You might want to go check out some of the WOW raid progression threads for how they lay out their progressions - they're a little clearer also. Just a suggestion, but good work on getting it up.

Quote Originally Posted by NEVERMOREGLORY View Post
    Also, I think it'd be neat for the new servers to be able to show the old servers that we can be competitive in these new raids. From what I've seen on the main OD raid progression thread only one kin from Riddermark and one from Dwarrowdelf are completing wings in OD (looks like they will be starting T2 this week)

Let's show the old guard that with some awesome folks - even without 12/12 of them fully decked out in rare drop items and BG gear - we can succeed at challenging instances
    I think one kin had cleared t2 within a couple of weeks of Update 2.

MDCT completed Poison T2 last night with the help of Ofast and Yoona.

Congrats on T2 poison. I assume you guys have completed wound and disease T2 then? Challenge on Disease?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast