We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strategy rally?

Strategy rally?

Hi, me here, who doesnt actually go on much, so for wat its worth, i get bored and 1) visit forum stuff, and 2) Luv thinking of strategies. :P thats all you need to know about me lol.

Moving on, i dont play much, but last i heard, yall need sum new strategies? ive thunk sum
    Might be bad, might not be bad, yall would know:

Melleers and anything tank-ish stay up front
    Squishy ppl and hunters, etc, back up (while theres that line of melleers up front, 25m distance?)
    Volley of dazes/stuns/roots/anything like that, spreaded out
    PUSH
    roll
    and when you start getting rolled, repeat
    The Anti-Roll Roll!!! mwahahaahahhaa

Ok, maybe, maybe not, but every1 post new strategies? experiment? make this world a better place??? lol, that always sounds impossible

And if this (or any) dont work, then some1 think of new ones! We cant have regular old strategies. Atleast*cough* thats wat i heard... that u guys suck... and*ahem* ghost town...and ppl visiting the moors all the time but never staying... *cough* theres something there.

Also, and this is my opinion, from what i last checked, STAB is shunned? it shud be used strategically, not shunned
    >:[
    -... normally id put my name here, who am i, Mirkwoodian? Archerian? ya that
    -Mirk/Arch

Re: Strategy rally?

I lol'd.

words
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000013a614/signature.png]Scratchs[/charsig]
    "You cannot see what I see because you see what you see. You cannot know what I know because you know what you know. What I see and what I know cannot be added to what you see and what you know because they are not the same kind. Neither can it replace what you see and what you know, because that would be to replace you yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrestein View Post
    Since you guys have completely bored this forum to death, I have moved onto The Escapist.
    Im feeling proud of myself now ^^
    or, u make me proud... whichever way that works :P
    And ya, i quoted that from another thread

I lerned all my stratogies from this dude.

[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/73sg.png/"][IMG]http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9918/73sg.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#faebd7][FONT=Arial Black][Izo - Chief - Traxi - Free!ps] - [[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Surmit[/I] -[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Corupluk - Healzr - Monsters Inc.][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]**Forum Reputation - I'm renowned for my incompetence.**[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I think the British used this strat in the Revolutionary War, how did that work out for them?
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    I think the British used this strat in the Revolutionary War, how did that work out for them?
    Worked well enough that they recycled that strat for WWI trench warfare.
    "Once more over the top to have at Jerry, eh chaps?"
    Of course, the hun replied- "FF on my target!"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000950d0/signature.png]Aeginor![/charsig]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]The Original Kin Collector![/SIZE]
    [B]Leader[/B], [I]Fend For Yourself[/I]
    [B]Successor[/B], [I]Disciples of Annuminas[/I]
    [B]Officer[/B],[I] Fellowship Of Eriador[/I]
    [B]Member[/B],[I] Vinyara[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]Lords of the West[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]SleeplessKnights[/I]
    [B]Recruit[/B],[I] Sons Of Durin[/I][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc View Post
    Hi, me here, who doesnt actually go on much, so for wat its worth, i get bored and 1) visit forum stuff, and 2) Luv thinking of strategies. :P thats all you need to know about me lol.

Moving on, i dont play much, but last i heard, yall need sum new strategies? ive thunk sum
    Might be bad, might not be bad, yall would know:

Melleers and anything tank-ish stay up front
    Squishy ppl and hunters, etc, back up (while theres that line of melleers up front, 25m distance?)
    Volley of dazes/stuns/roots/anything like that, spreaded out
    PUSH
    roll
    and when you start getting rolled, repeat
    The Anti-Roll Roll!!! mwahahaahahhaa

Ok, maybe, maybe not, but every1 post new strategies? experiment? make this world a better place??? lol, that always sounds impossible

And if this (or any) dont work, then some1 think of new ones! We cant have regular old strategies. Atleast*cough* thats wat i heard... that u guys suck... and*ahem* ghost town...and ppl visiting the moors all the time but never staying... *cough* theres something there.

Also, and this is my opinion, from what i last checked, STAB is shunned? it shud be used strategically, not shunned
    >:[
    -... normally id put my name here, who am i, Mirkwoodian? Archerian? ya that
    -Mirk/Arch
    I will put my inner English Teacher in its happy place while I address your strat.

While you have your melees out front, the wargs are going to be sneaking around your line, or mapping in behind it and taking out the light armor. This will leave you with no heals, CC, or DPS. You would get more out of staying bunched together in a nice, gigantic zergball so that champs and LMs can AOE, guards can SW, and hunters can run.

Your strat would have more soundness if not for a couple of things- no collisions, and nothing behind the group in the back. You could address the second part by fighting with your backs to the one-shotters, but that's what happens most days anyway. If they fixed collisions, then creeps couldn't just run through the heavies. Either way, strats like that don't work so well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000950d0/signature.png]Aeginor![/charsig]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5]The Original Kin Collector![/SIZE]
    [B]Leader[/B], [I]Fend For Yourself[/I]
    [B]Successor[/B], [I]Disciples of Annuminas[/I]
    [B]Officer[/B],[I] Fellowship Of Eriador[/I]
    [B]Member[/B],[I] Vinyara[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]Lords of the West[/I]
    [B]Member[/B], [I]SleeplessKnights[/I]
    [B]Recruit[/B],[I] Sons Of Durin[/I][/FONT]

... strategy?

... in the moors?

... bwahahaha.

"What we need here is some good strategery."
    [LEFT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][U]Freeps:[/U] Liffey (LM), Pistashio (WDN), Oenomaus (CHP) - Officer, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Silver][URL="http://www.l33tvengeance.com/smf"]Vengeance Kinship[/URL]
    [U]Creeps:[/U] Lookmomacreep (R6 WL), Wargiepoo (STKR), Seeingeyesingle (WVR)
    [/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=#4169e1]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

Minstrels DPS, RK's heal. Give them ~2 hours to catch on then switch. 2 hours is generous, too.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    Minstrels DPS, RK's heal. Give them ~2 hours to catch on then switch. 2 hours is generous, too.
    Wats the point, extra DPS? Or would extra heals be better? thx for submitting though

Quote Originally Posted by Aeginor View Post
    I will put my inner English Teacher in its happy place while I address your strat.

While you have your melees out front, the wargs are going to be sneaking around your line, or mapping in behind it and taking out the light armor. This will leave you with no heals, CC, or DPS. You would get more out of staying bunched together in a nice, gigantic zergball so that champs and LMs can AOE, guards can SW, and hunters can run.

Your strat would have more soundness if not for a couple of things- no collisions, and nothing behind the group in the back. You could address the second part by fighting with your backs to the one-shotters, but that's what happens most days anyway. If they fixed collisions, then creeps couldn't just run through the heavies. Either way, strats like that don't work so well.
    :/ i should have told you all that i do not like my English class very much... (i made an effort there btw )

Okay, ever heard of a counter-counter? Its when you know what ur enemy is going to do to counter ur plan, then you counter that! So, without further ado, i present to you: The Anti-Roll Roll Counter-counter!!!

Kill all wargs. Then kill everything else in sight. Have ur tankers go Leroy Jenkins on a running spree. Ya ya, they'll be ignored, but then u got a nice silly zergball of creeps surrounded, so your tankers kill THEIR healers, while ur healers are still alive since the healers are backed by DPS, heals, and possibly bubbles. Lil Note: To counter this, your tankers must be attacked, and stopped, from killing enemy healers, starting every1 bak at Plan A! (Thus, just stun and roll), Or enemy healers are bubbled.... then get the creep who bubbled in the 1st place dammit. Either way, who ends up with an advantage? the person to start in my opinion, unless theres a re-countercountercounter somewhere in there... :/

EDit: this counter-3x could be changed up though. If any1's got a better idea, go ahead

GREAT PLAN!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000013a614/signature.png]Scratchs[/charsig]
    "You cannot see what I see because you see what you see. You cannot know what I know because you know what you know. What I see and what I know cannot be added to what you see and what you know because they are not the same kind. Neither can it replace what you see and what you know, because that would be to replace you yourself."

There is just one problem. What if the creeps pull a Keanu Reeves out of their hats?

Last edited by Isilmacil; Apr 05 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: nun ya dam business

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

BUT HE'S IMMORTAL!

Ugh, heck with it all, okay, i wanna make a new thread now lol...

Anyways, i think we need a definition of a strategy.... So, ive created this!

Ps: I no im not done, it was just a start, u guys can add on anything i missed, and mix & match these however it pleases you...

So, the stuff to mix and match are actually: Techniques and skills and postioning... an example?= Charge (possibly up STAB) - LM Tar (somewhere in the middle of the creeps... or webs to use against freeps)
    In essence, that was just Charge - Tar
    Implemented, it becomes a strategy

So, heres the -ian's guide to strategies
    ...or list... of stuff... well, its a guide too

Techniques (with a brief definition-thing):

- Battle: The basis of every strategy (Simply put, Battle generally comes as the 1st tech., no need to include tho?)
    -Piling: Where it takes 20 -eeps, to kill one other -eep
    -Charge: ...run in
    -Horse Charge: U guys seen this, just ride in, dismount, scatter creeps.
    -Push: Less than a Charge, but sumtimes more destructive
    -Rally: Regroup in midst of battle (ever been used? idk)
    -Bait: Use of -eep as food to bring in the enemy -eeps
    -Melleers up front/Squishy's Behind: "Pikes in front, archers behind", sounds familiar?
    -DD (DeathDot): Closest Lotro analogy: Rally/gather, but DD is when every1 stands in 1 spot, like a defensive tower ready to flow/explode
    -Invisible Camp: A raid that, through use of invisibility skills, goes invisible and camps a spot. ...(always wanted to do this in the middle of TA...)
    -The Leroy Jenkins: Anything suicidal while having a 33.3% chance of survival ;P or just a stupid charge.
    -Zerg: Kill All Life Forms Possible
    -Rage: Getting mad at another char and attempting to kill it no matter what
    -Pull: Opposite of Push,.. a retreat thingy where every1 goes slowly backwards..
    -Flank: Going around and hitting the opposite-side raid from another direction
    -etc

The skills i wont even list. Nor Positioning. But there u go, the guide to strategy of all time. Which must be editted.
    -eeps are... well, creeps or freeps, depending on what side ur on. I think i just made that up.
    Can we make A Guide to Moors Strategy now? thats wat i was aiming for in the 1st place lol, for strategy to be used more (no laughing).

Edit: Keanu Reeves, wth? I was rooting for the Elrond-bad-guy in the Matrix. :/ U guys arent real LOTR fans then! /headshake
    Re-editted: just added positioning
    Last edited by myforumacc; Apr 11 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Could've fooled me...
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Cool Re: Strategy rally?

The shing-shing, bling-bling strawberry:

1. fill raid with minstrels, runekeepers and champs and captains
    2. use the minstrels and runekeepers to kill stuff fast with boom spells and have the melees hide at the back cause lets face it melee in moors is lawl.
    3. when stuff dies the champions and captains use all der on defeat heals healing everyone to full health
    (pro tip: have the dps(minis and rks) aim for the enemy healers that way everything dies)
    4. champions use their on defeat heal(it has 80% chance with rune rlly good, trust) and the captains use there heal if traited blue line they can unleash lots of power aswell so that the dps never runs out which means this strawberry has a 358% success rate because you can only lose when there is nothing left to kill... which means you win!
    5. /groundroll around over the corpses of defeated creeps cause you a winner.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000212934/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]
    [center][color=gold]Proximity Tank - Tha Respect Crew[/color][/center]

When I grow up, I want to be a winrar!

this thread was needed last week
    out of context!
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Oh my god, that image, ROFL!

Heh, Lolz everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin_of_Moria View Post
    The shing-shing, bling-bling strawberry:

1. fill raid with minstrels, runekeepers and champs and captains
    2. use the minstrels and runekeepers to kill stuff fast with boom spells and have the melees hide at the back cause lets face it melee in moors is lawl.
    3. when stuff dies the champions and captains use all der on defeat heals healing everyone to full health
    (pro tip: have the dps(minis and rks) aim for the enemy healers that way everything dies)
    4. champions use their on defeat heal(it has 80% chance with rune rlly good, trust) and the captains use there heal if traited blue line they can unleash lots of power aswell so that the dps never runs out which means this strawberry has a 358% success rate because you can only lose when there is nothing left to kill... which means you win!
    5. /groundroll around over the corpses of defeated creeps cause you a winner.
    Nice, if u can get that group.
    Spartans? I knew 1 other person from that Kin, Nebuka? Funny how Spartans is full of minis...

Um, Okay, i editted my wierd lil guide bak on page 1. Was just adding Positioning... Piece out 4 now

Edit: Hey, has anybody realized that this thread has the highest Replys vs views ratio? :P Bad news, i also noticed that Nimrodel has 1 of the worst amounts of threads and posts...588 threads & 13,688 posts, vs winner: Landroval: 2,876 threads & 76,932 posts...
    Sad...
    On the upside: The loser is Imladris, with 275 threads & 1758 posts... Theyre also suicidal, with a post called "Death of the Moors?"
    :P okay bai
    Last edited by myforumacc; Apr 07 2011 at 12:12 AM.

I lol'd, then I lol'd but now i'm facepalming.

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc View Post
    Heh, Lolz everywhere

Nice, if u can get that group.
    Spartans? I knew 1 other person from that Kin, Nebuka? Funny how Spartans is full of minis...

Um, Okay, i editted my wierd lil guide bak on page 1. Was just adding Positioning... Piece out 4 now

Edit: Hey, has anybody realized that this thread has the highest Replys vs views ratio? :P Bad news, i also noticed that Nimrodel has 1 of the worst amounts of threads and posts...588 threads & 13,688 posts, vs winner: Landroval: 2,876 threads & 76,932 posts...
    Sad...
    On the upside: The loser is Imladris, with 275 threads & 1758 posts... Theyre also suicidal, with a post called "Death of the Moors?"
    :P okay bai
    are you 65 yet??
    Shakstok

If only Lotro had an age restriction. Well on second thought it would be like this...

You joined room 'glff' (UserChat1). Number of members: 11.

/facepalm
    [CENTER][URL="http://lotrocommunity.com"]
    [/URL][URL="http://lotrocommunity.com"][B][COLOR=#ED2669]A vote for lotrocommunity is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/B][/URL]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Nimrodel's #1 Inandout reaver[/COLOR].
    [/CENTER]

Mk, I just came on to add Pull, Rage, and Zerg, altho sum ppl might have trouble seeing Zerg as a strat, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphanikolas View Post
    are you 65 yet??
    :/ some site USED to say i was 65... but no, im lvl 62... watever, i like being lvl 62. story time!!! (mwahaha /evil laugh)

Warning: Happy ending... sorta...

Me and a hunter stared down at about 7 creeps who were lurking past the TA gates. A warg came by, and pounced me, which im pretty sure wouldnt have happened if i was lvl 65... Anyways, we gave him a flurry of arrows, and he ran. We stared again at the creeps, because some of them took a few steps forward. They moved back, and the peace was held. Then the warg came back for more of me, and an NPC reaver, along with 1 of the BA's, attacked the other hunter. We fought a bit, I potted, hunter went missing, warg was going bak inside, and BAM! i killed the warg. Then a creep raid came and zerged all over me, but they got the other Hunter 1st :P, And a freep raid came and rezzed us. The end!

Anyways, moral of the story is lvl 62's pwn.
    Last edited by myforumacc; Apr 09 2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: for epic-quality story telling

What am I even reading?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast