We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Wondering if certain functionality possible under LotRO LUA API

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Assuming that the two are mutually exclusive.
    Perhaps I should clarify: When I speak of such data, I refer to data that's already available to the player - but exposed to them in a way that they find to be cumbersome or unwieldy.

Displaying such information differently isn't an exploit - as if the difficulty comes from the way that information is displayed, then that is merely evidence of a poor UI, and sloppy encounter design.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Perhaps I should clarify: When I speak of such data, I refer to data that's already available to the player - but exposed to them in a way that they find to be cumbersome or unwieldy.

Displaying such information differently isn't an exploit - as if the difficulty comes from the way that information is displayed, then that is merely evidence of a poor UI, and sloppy encounter design.
    Depending on how much of the UI and player information is exposed, and how easy it is to automatically fire skills, will determine if the devs went too far and gave us enough API to make a bot.

However, if given all the information in the world, it's impossible to make a bot without the ability to simulate a mouse click, or fire skills without needing user intervention.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Depending on how much of the UI and player information is exposed, and how easy it is to automatically fire skills, will determine if the devs went too far and gave us enough API to make a bot.

However, if given all the information in the world, it's impossible to make a bot without the ability to simulate a mouse click, or fire skills without needing user intervention.
    Then the obvious solution here would be to concentrate on preventing the ability to automate combat in the first place, rather than limit information because it can be used to do such a thing. Steps such as the ones Blizzard took to prevent the same issue should be a priority for Turbine (instead of yet another debugging function) so information could be freely added to the API.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2