We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Relic (You may select multiple relics)

Voters
1018. You may not vote on this poll
  • Setting of True Strength

195 19.16%
  • Setting of Continuance

356 34.97%
  • Setting of the Ages

516 50.69%
  • Gem of the Encircling Seas

402 39.49%
  • Gem of the King under the Mountain

272 26.72%
  • Gem of Determination

130 12.77%
  • Rune of the two Trees

620 60.90%
  • Rune of the Dark Watch

268 26.33%
  • Rune of Ancient Light

219 21.51%
  • Rune of Haste

247 24.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1 & 2 Twinfall Path, Ael-e-Gilith, Falathlorn (Landroval)

Re: Vote: Design a Unique Relic!

Picked Setting of the Ages, Gem of the King under the Mountain, and Rune of Ancient Light as current offerings are incredibly slim for healers who care about their ability to take a hit. It's always been standard practice for us to take the damage mitigation from Midnight Raid for our class LI, and the old relics actually had good choices for minstrels that gave us powerful healing and some mitigation.

Fast forward to the new system and everything designed for healing classes revolves exclusively around outgoing healing while decimating any and all mitigations we had under the old system. It doesn't matter how high you push your outgoing heals, never forget that a dead healer's healing output is still 0. Hence, my choices.
    [center]We [color="red"]♥[/color] Brian Klemm Fan Club
    [color="#0099FF"][I]"May all your choices be ones that intrinsically honour your soul"[/I][/color]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000137c64/01002/signature.png]Belisana[/charsig][/center]

Red face Re: Vote: Design a Unique Relic!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Columbus View Post
    Healing = Outgoing Healing

Incoming Healing = Incoming Healing

So, the Ancient Light is good for healers.
    Thanks for the explanation

Rune of Ancient Light is my work, I think there's not so enough relic(or other stuff) for the healers.

Wish the light would lead you to the sparkling future (/bow

Quote Originally Posted by Dom12 View Post
    Setting of the Ages is just too good to pass up for damage dealers.

I'd probably take the Gem of Determination for the incoming heal only for tanks, but pairing that with item wear & resists?? Seriously? Make that inc. heal and all defenses, heck, just give us back the Emerald of the Verdant Glen.

Runes.. 4 options, and not one that's any good. No vote.
    I agree....I would love more choices for incoming healing, but I guess the devs didn;t get the memo that resists are a waste of a stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanisul View Post
    Too true, if the numbers are the same as we get now for each rating then the choices are clear, if not we are just giving them the leeway to SAY they gave us the choice and dump more inferior stuff into the pool. [...]
    Precisely the scenario I want to prevent.

@Sapience / @Zombie_Columbus: Is there any way we can get the full stats on the relics before we vote? I can't imagine why this information would be omitted.

I speak as a Warden, and from a Warden's perspective.

My choices (I only chose one from each group) reflect my current play style, as well as that of my fellow warden's in my kin.

Setting of Continuance
    Gem of the King Under The Mountains
    Rune of the Two Trees (easily the best of the three)

Warpanzer Sturmkreiger of Rohan
    Warden of 65 Campaigns
    The Inklings - Meneldor

Personaly I would like to see some of the old relics come back. I voted for about 5 of the relics that I think players would most profit from. It seems a lot want the Rune of the Two Trees, but that seem like a relic that was just made for moors players. I also agree with everyone else that it is very hard to make a choice without full stats on the relics. I dont know who came up with the new relics that are in game now but they are a major fail compared to what we used to have and I don't want to see more failed ones.

These are the relics I voted for that I think would help player the most in any play style.

Setting of Continuance (formerly Longevity) (this one because it's good for any melee or tank)
    Morale
    Power Regen
    Incoming Healing

Setting of the Ages (this one because it's good for all classes)
    All Critical
    All Offense
    Power Regen

Gem of the King Under the Mountain (this one because it's good for all classes)
    Vitality
    All Avoidances
    Morale Regen

Gem of Determination (this one because it's good for any melee or tank)
    All Resistances
    Incoming Healing
    Item wear

Rune of Ancient Light (this because it would help healers)
    All Critical
    Healing
    All resistances
    Last edited by Krad_Nogard; Mar 29 2011 at 06:22 PM.
    95 Guardian - Kradnogard / 95 Loremaster - Ratsnogard / 95 Burglar - Erutannogard / 95 Runekeeper - Luosnogard / 100 Champion -Erifnogard / 70 warden - Nevlenogard / 95 Minstrel - Gnosnogard / 42 Captain - Nedlognogard / 71 hunter - Bankeralt

Lifetime Member - In Valiant Defenders of Firefoot

Landroval - 91 hunter - Kradnogard / 23 burglar - Sudian / Kinship - Valiant Defenders two

My votes:

Setting of Continuance (formerly Longevity)
    Morale
    Power Regen
    Incoming Healing

Gem of the Encircling Seas
    All Offense
    Power Regen
    Morale Regen

Rune of the Two Trees
    Power
    Morale
    Power Regen
    Health Regen

Too many good options for the rune category, all classes will get a variety of different builds from those runes. They should all be put on live, so I voted for all 4 of them.

./crossesfingers

With the way the new relic system treated champs I was really looking forward to this contest potentially balancing things out, but nope, all of them are garbage compared to the old relics I have.

Some good options for dps classes now with the settings and gems. I was really hoping for for a tanking rune that had something like icpr and incoming healing
    [U][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/fraegar/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000febe8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/URL] [/U]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/rissien/"]Rissien - Hunter[/URL] / [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/323276/145241087983965675/"]Thuringol - Captain[/URL][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?367518-Telcontari-of-Meneldor-Downs-LT-HM-6-man&p=5077414#post5077414"][/URL]

As a Captain, this seems most interesting:

Rune of the Dark Watch
    All stats (Might/VIT/AGI/Will/Fate)

These are others that I would strongly consider:

Setting of True Strength
    Might
    All Critical
    Devastating Critical Magnitude

Setting of the Ages
    All Critical
    All Offense
    Power Regen

All Offense
    Power Regen
    Morale Regen

Rune of Ancient Light
    All Critical
    Healing
    All resistances

Rune of Haste
    Morale
    Will
    Movespeed
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

for all of you classes who are happy with the relics already on offer, please spare a thought for us LMs and DPS RKs who got seriously screwed over in our gem and rune options if we either didn't have or decided not to hang on to our adamant gem of dreams. So if you don't want any of these please vote for Gem of the Encircling Seas (which at least has two of the bonuses of the gem of dreams, offence and ICPR) and Rune of the Two Trees which would be welcome additions (depending on the magnitudes).
    [url=http://docholidaymmo.com/tag/lore-mastery/]Lore-mastery[/url] - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

All the gems suck. I can't believe one with item wear got chosen???!?!?!

And sadly the votes are hugely skewed by the fact that most people play dps classes, sigh.

[B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

As far as how I build my captain, I would love to see another alternative to the current Melee Defence relic, so my setting of choice is still going to be the Extraordinary Setting of Beginnings.

I would really like to see Rune of the Ancient Light make it into the game. When combined with Gem of the Encircling Seas, it makes for a very solid upgrade to my captain. Given that I'm using Adamant Gem of the Precise Eye and Subtle Rune of the Sun currently, the differences work out to be:
    +Offense (nice!)
    =ICPR (it moves from rune to gem)
    +ICMR (meh)
    =critical (moves from gem to rune)
    +outgoing healing (makes a cappy very happy)
    +resistances (interesting addition)
    -agility (meh)
    -evade (meh)

Overall, this would cement the newer relics as the way to go with the captain class, because they amplify everything, so long as morale regen really is ICMR, power regen is ICPR, and healing is outgoing healing.

If one of those relics don't make it into the game, or one of those stats aren't what I think it is, then the next best choice is the Rune of Two Trees, which will make a nice upgrade to Subtle Rune of the Sun. I would gain:
    +Morale (Wooho!)
    +Power (nice addition)
    =ICPR
    +ICMR (meh)
    -Evade (meh)

As far as the regen stats go, ICPR is one of the big things I look for in relics. I see ICMR as a junk stat. It's good, in theory, but it's next to impossible to stack enough of it on a captain, without seriously hurting yourself, that it's primarily a waste of space. And then healing will almost always outpace whatever ICMR does. As far as OCMR and OCPR go.... that's what a destiny perk is for. If I really need it, I'll hork up the DP for it.

I'm getting closer to make up the morale lost by going all in on the newer relics, rather than keeping the older ones, Rune of Two Trees would help, but I would much rather see an (All Crit/Outgoing Healing/All resistance) version of Rune of Ancient Light and (All Offense/ICPR/ICMR) version of Gem of the Encircling trees long before I see a (Power/Morale/ICPR/ICMR) version of Rune of the Two Trees in game.

And curses for not being able to tweak what I voted XD
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Mar 30 2011 at 06:33 AM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

If Setting of the Ages, Gem of the Encircling Seas, & Rune of the two Trees maintain their lead will that mean that there will be a relic added in each slot that will include power regen?

I Think you should add all 9 and remove the weakest Rune. I know it is a contest but there is alot of variety for everyone with the Relics submitted. That is what makes a game interesting and fun, Variety.

That would be a good move on turbines part, and a cool april fools hehe.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005b5d1/01003/signature.png]Athelious[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingGriffons View Post
    Too many good options for the rune category, all classes will get a variety of different builds from those runes. They should all be put on live, so I voted for all 4 of them.

./crossesfingers
    You are aware that only one of each type will be put in game right?

Which means since you voted for all four of them, you effectively wasted your time because none of your votes counted.

I won't vote for the Rune of Haste, just because I don't understand why Will is added as a complement for movespeed.

With, say, Agility, it would have been a very interesting rune for burgs or hunters, but with Will... i'm puzzled.

Regards,
    Skro
    Live from the other side of the Great Eastern Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The top voter earner in each category will be added to the game (3 total relics).
    Well, shoot..... Looks like I'm going to get used to the idea of the Rune of Two Trees then.... shame cause there were some interesting relics here.....

Going through the rest of them....

Setting of True Strength
    Might
    All Critical
    Devastating Critical Magnitude
    It's another variation of Extraordinray Setting of Endings. If Melee Defence wasn't restricted to JUST settings now, I might use this. While I personally like having a lot of ICPR on my relics, I can see where other classes would like this setting.

Setting of Continuance (formerly Longevity)
    Morale
    Power Regen
    Incoming Healing
    An intersting setting in it's own right. I doubt I'll be able to put it to good use, but it does look like a slightly altered version of the Tier 9 gem.

Setting of the Ages
    All Critical
    All Offense
    Power Regen
    Another interesting alternative to Extraoridnary Setting of Endings, trading Dev Magnituded for Offense.

All Offense
    Power Regen
    Morale Regen
    When combined with a rune that's probably not going to win, I would definitely take the time to grind out this gem, because with said rune, it'd be a pretty solid upgrade.

Gem of the King Under the Mountain
    Vitality
    All Avoidances
    Morale Regen
    Assuming Morale Regen = ICMR, meh.

This is pretty passable.

Gem of Determination
    All Resistances
    Incoming Healing
    Item wear
    Item wear.... really?

What could have been an excellent gem.... wasted by item wear.

Item wear.... really?

Rune of the Two Trees
    Power
    Morale
    Power Regen
    Health Regen
    This is going to win because people love having lots of morale for the sake of having lots of morale. I'm probably going to use it too, but there's another rune that would I would much rather have.

Rune of the Dark Watch
    All stats (Might/VIT/AGI/Will/Fate)
    Eh..... people say they want all stats on a relic... might as well let them have it. I personally am not going to use this relic, others would be thrilled to use it.... one man's junk is another's treasure I guess.

Rune of Ancient Light
    All Critical
    Healing
    All resistances
    If Healing = Outgoing healing, this would be a godsend to the support classes. Only downside, I would not be surprised if the players who didn't play support classes outweighed those that did by 2:1 (or more), so we will never see this win the poll, even though it'd make a lot of people really happy.

Rune of Haste
    Morale
    Will
    Movespeed
    Interesting..... I could see this having applications in the Moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    And sadly the votes are hugely skewed by the fact that most people play dps classes, sigh.
    Hopefully Turbine takes this into account and grants the support classes a relic or two.....
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Mar 30 2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Item wear.... really?

What could have been an excellent gem.... wasted by item wear.

Item wear.... really?
    I added Item wear to not overpower the relic with its high resist ratings

Weird that there is no Relic with -attack speed. In lotro, its the most important attribute of all.

Voted

Loved the Rune of Two Trees.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000038c82a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm a relic hog, I voted for them all. I have lots of alts with lots of weapons and class items for different applications.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2