We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Freep PvMP 'Rating'

I noticed lately that my rating has dipped considerably, and we have also been raiding against a new population of lower ranked / green creeps, is there a correlation?

All I can find about rating is this from the lotro wiki:
    "Rating
    Rating is a fluctuating number that rises and falls based on your victories and defeats in player vs. monster player combat (PvMP). The amount of rating points earned or lost depends on your rating and the rating of your opponent or opponents. A higher rating grants bonus Renown/Infamy from PvMP victories."

Does ones rating go lower if you defeat more lower ranked creeps? (And vice versa) I can't find a good explanation or guide for rating anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Freep PvMP 'Rating'

I was under the impression that your rating goes up slower if you defeat lower rated creeps and will drop more if you are defeated by them vice versa your rating increases more if you defeat higher rated creeps and drops less if you are defeated by them.

Think it's something roughly like that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtitan View Post
    I was under the impression that your rating goes up slower if you defeat lower rated creeps and will drop more if you are defeated by them vice versa your rating increases more if you defeat higher rated creeps and drops less if you are defeated by them.

Think it's something roughly like that anyway.
    I wish there was a better description of this mechanic somewhere, I am very surprised that Turbine does not have this info anywhere (that I can find at least...)

Just fyi, there is a new bug (not widely known yet) as of the last update whereby killing a defiler results in you losing rating and renown. It's a nasty bug if you're a freep.

Good thing I'm not a freep

Cool Re: Freep PvMP 'Rating'

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Just fyi, there is a new bug (not widely known yet) as of the last update whereby killing a defiler results in you losing rating and renown. It's a nasty bug if you're a freep.
    Hmmmm... looks like I'll have to keep testing that bug.

Quote Originally Posted by takimeta View Post
    Well played Toa

/Laughs at Gassy

cuz ur a bad burg.

Ouch Tickles

The whole rating thing is based on the survivability of Zubzubziggywiggy....If you let her get killed your rating goes to pot but if you protect her with everything you have,,,die a few times yourself in her defence and ensure she never dies then you'll end up with an awesome rating.

Easy as that,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by takimeta View Post
    If you wish to achieve a lower rating, I'd be more than happy to help you with that endeavor. Free of charge!

Quote Originally Posted by deathboy2000 View Post
    Well played Toa

/Laughs at Gassy
    You are not helping.

/shakefist

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    The whole rating thing is based on the survivability of Zubzubziggywiggy....If you let her get killed your rating goes to pot but if you protect her with everything you have,,,die a few times yourself in her defence and ensure she never dies then you'll end up with an awesome rating.
    I know, that's why I've been trying to heal you. It's not my fault you misinterpret my intentions. Not all creeps want to devour your innards.

I happen to know precisly how rating works.

I'm aware that other than a small fraction of difference it is worthless.

Anyone can get high rating you just have to play like a sissy. Its more commonly known as Star-hugging.

Doing this, as I've noticed many have, results in the following symptoms... Poor pvp skills, uninteresting fights, deaths of baby seals, being my #1 target for raids, hair loss, and an inexcusable fear of dying in a pvp zone... oh the humanity.

Do not worry about your rating, fight to the death, be heroic. You might be surprised how much more fun it is and how much more gain you will have. Its not the end of the world if your rating tanks.

Don't star farm, its teh lame.

[QUOTE=kabarman555;5303046]I happen to know precisly how rating works.

Do not worry about your rating, fight to the death, be heroic. You might be surprised how much more fun it is and how much more gain you will have. Its not the end of the world if your rating tanks.

Well said Aces,,,take a look at my rating,,,,might be a bit ????,, but by christ i have fun and I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of 'star hugging' but feel free to accuse me of pulling all those NPCs,,,chances are it was me or the cat,,,,damn pets....really need to change their diet,

So yeah Adaboi,,,forget the rating...work on your rank and fight to the death,,,we all know how quickly that comes ,,,death,not rank

Quote Originally Posted by kabarman555 View Post
    I happen to know precisly how rating works.

I'm aware that other than a small fraction of difference it is worthless.

Anyone can get high rating you just have to play like a sissy. Its more commonly known as Star-hugging.

Doing this, as I've noticed many have, results in the following symptoms... Poor pvp skills, uninteresting fights, deaths of baby seals, being my #1 target for raids, hair loss, and an inexcusable fear of dying in a pvp zone... oh the humanity.

Don't star farm, its teh lame.
    I don't know or care about this 'star farming', and if you've seen me in the moors, you would know I am out to have fun (eg. My suicide runs lol) and nothing else.

Since rating/renown benefits me in almost* no way at all, its not my concern at all, I'm just soaking up knowledge, and wondering why my rating dropped so quick in just two days. I couldn't find info anywhere else, so I figured why not ask here?

Also, I was bored and needed something to talk about while I couldn't be in game
    Last edited by toazd; Mar 29 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    Would it be inappropriate to say that I enjoy this?

Rating tends to decrease depending on the ratings of those who get a hit in on you when you die. I'm not sure what the formula is, whether it takes into account how much damage the guy with 800 rating did vs the guy with 1800 rating, or if it's just averaging the ratings of all those who laid a finger on you, or what.

Bottom line is though, like Aces said, Rating doesn't matter. The infamy/renown gains from having a higher rating are marginal at best, and if you cling to a high rating you tend to lose more by not finishing kills or being in the fray when it starts flying around. As someone who isn't a healer or the biggest threat I tend to not be target fired as much so my rating creeps up rather incidentally, but if it gets too god awful high like it was a couple days ago I try to do stupid things to curb it.
    Last edited by Jacbo; Mar 29 2011 at 07:40 PM.

I can understand running when the odds are clearly against you but in my mind, if I have even the slightest chance of getting a kill (not even a kb) I will attack. OR if I know I am doomed I will put up the best fight I can till I am zurged to death, no sence in letting the freeps take me down without a fight. As is said It is better to die fighting than to live kneeling... Or die kneeling, seems to be popular with a lot of freeps and creeps.

Needless to say thank you and many excellent points.

Everyone should* know if they are going to die, wayy before it actually happens, and I agree, die fighting.

Maybe if the creeps rank up some more, we won't need so many out to have a good time ya know.

Helluva challenge already when you guys group up though....Whew!

Whats the ip on that vent server? DoS it! hehe, have fun guys, cya in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    Ouch Tickles

Easy as that,,,,
    All I know is that if I sneak up on ZubZub and kill her, then my rating goes up while the evil LM's rating goes down.

Works for me. *goes back to hiding behind a rock in front of Gramsfoot*