We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Elven Duo LFK

Elven Duo LFK

Hello fellow 'stoners!

My partner and I have been running into a bit of trouble lately on our main characters; specifically, the trouble with being able to complete content. (Specifically three-man content.) Since we're both Lore buffs and mildly OCD about doing all of the story-line quests, this makes us a bit cranky. We're looking to find a group of similar-minded, mature gamers, who enjoy grouping up to do content and who are patient enough to bear with the rough spots while we refine our grouping skills. Our mains are my L63 Elven Guardian (Ulroduil) and her L63 Elven Hunter (Celirael).

We both have full stables of characters on Arkenstone, most of whom are parked in our private Kinship, Scholars of the Red Book. The main reason for creating this Kin was to get access to a Kin house eventually, for the storage and so she can play around more with decorating. (I haven't even used all the hooks in my house, personally, and probably never will. But more power to her.)

We both have some previous experience in MMOs, primarily City of Heroes/Villains. Part of the problem with getting her to group in LotRO, I think, comes from bad PUG experiences there. Plus, from fairly early on, we were both associated with one of the bigger and better Supergroups on Triumph server, Global Heroics. This has sort of spoiled her in terms of grouping with strangers (although as I keep trying to point out, strangers are just friends we haven't met yet).

In terms of gaming style, we're both fairly casual players; we like to read the quest text, spend time wandering around looking at ruins and speculating on their origins, and we totally geek out over things that seem exactly as we imagined them when we read the books. (I still get goosebumps riding into Rivendell.) As far as we're concerned, the game is about the journey, not the destination. We also like to laugh, joke, and have fun with our friends, even if we've never met them face-to-face.

We would like to group up with some people from any Kinship that thinks we might be prospects and run an instance or some landscape quests in order to see if we're compatible. Please feel free to message me here on the boards, or send mail or a tell in-game to Ulroduil or Mithraudecthel; I'm usually on with one of the two of them. Or if you see any of the Scholars of the Red Book on, you can tell them as well... any one of them is either her or me.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Re: Elven Duo LFK

Hey!
    Lords of a Fallen Empire has serveral folks that are major lore monkies, myself included. We are a very laid back kin that is currently undergoing a lull in participation and would love to have some additional lore lovers to bolster our ranks. We are looking for quality over quantity.
    We have lost most of our strength due to burn outs, as most groups can identify with, but we have most of our core group still intact.
    We don't do raids unfortunately as we dont have the numbers to do so, but we are allied with several of the larger kins, such as Eldar and The Stoned Alliance. As our numbers increase again we hope to branch out into the raid world again.

I'll be on later tonight and I will send you a tell if you are interested.
    Last edited by Antrius; Mar 28 2011 at 06:23 PM.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1054335/146085512913891866/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000010321a/signature.png]Eryndar[/charsig][/url]
    Eryndar - 75 Warden / Jadwin - 75 Minstrel / Antrius - 75 Hunter / Saelethial - 66 Champion

My first post so bear with me! I saw this post and thought I would just put some thoughts out there with it... my brother and I also duo and also run into those quests that are just a little much for 2 people. We have tried a number of methods for getting people to join our group: politely asking prior to the invitation, a direct invitation, broadcast on the LFF channel... we are considering bribery next. Some ignore us, some politely decline... some are rude. I'm not sure why some people play on MMO's to solo their toons... but to each his own. We believe the game is so much more fun when grouping and yet have difficulty in finding people to join in. Sadly for us we are too low level to adventure with your mains (our mains are around 39) but I can identify with the description of your attitude toward gaming in Lotro.

Anyway- we are looking for a group of people who want to keep their toons/quests in-sync with a specific group... we don't play every night as we have wives/children/work but we play as often as possible and would like to be able to schedule time with other adult gamers who have similar views on how cool it is for us to be cruising around in middle earth!

We are veterans of CoH and World of Warcraft (boo!) and I was an early player of Dark Age of Camelot (yes I'm old). We are still learning the Lotro ins and outs but we certainly bring enthusiasm and comedy to any group with what can be described as our "antics".

We would like to adventure with the Elven Duo or anyone similar in view... and curious about how well this post worked for you? I note only 1 person responded here... any more interest in-game?

Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling and probably mis-categorized posting

Quote Originally Posted by Skyzorn View Post
    My first post so bear with me! I saw this post and thought I would just put some thoughts out there with it... my brother and I also duo and also run into those quests that are just a little much for 2 people. We have tried a number of methods for getting people to join our group: politely asking prior to the invitation, a direct invitation, broadcast on the LFF channel... we are considering bribery next. Some ignore us, some politely decline... some are rude. I'm not sure why some people play on MMO's to solo their toons... but to each his own. We believe the game is so much more fun when grouping and yet have difficulty in finding people to join in. Sadly for us we are too low level to adventure with your mains (our mains are around 39) but I can identify with the description of your attitude toward gaming in Lotro.
    Heh. I have a 37 Hunter on Arkenstone as well; if you see me online with either Ulroduil or Mithraudecthel, send me a tell and ask if I want to help out. (You might want to mention this post.) We also have another duo we're working up - my Minstrel, her Warden - but they're only mid-20s at the moment.

The other thing to do is /joinchannel glff. Many players don't even look at LFF, since it's regional; many times the people who are your level are in a different zone but would be interested in teaming up if they knew you were looking. The global channel works better for finding those. (Assuming it's the first user-created channel you've joined, you'd then type /1 to start chatting in it, like you use /f for fellowship chat.)

Anyway- we are looking for a group of people who want to keep their toons/quests in-sync with a specific group... we don't play every night as we have wives/children/work but we play as often as possible and would like to be able to schedule time with other adult gamers who have similar views on how cool it is for us to be cruising around in middle earth!

We are veterans of CoH and World of Warcraft (boo!) and I was an early player of Dark Age of Camelot (yes I'm old). We are still learning the Lotro ins and outs but we certainly bring enthusiasm and comedy to any group with what can be described as our "antics".
    I played CoH for 5 years from the week of launch - it was my first MMO. Not because I'm not old enough to have played others, but I wasn't really interested in any game that had me paying monthly to access the content. Then there was this big blowup in the NWN persistent world I was playing/GMing in, and my housemate bought me CoH as a consolation gift. I gave it a try and got hooked.

I also played WoW for 6 months or so, and finally left when I got fed up with getting green drops in the expansion content that was better than the 'epic' gear I'd ground out gold to buy on the AH (since I wasn't running instances to get it myself). This was just after Burning Crusade came out (when I left, that is).

We would like to adventure with the Elven Duo or anyone similar in view... and curious about how well this post worked for you? I note only 1 person responded here... any more interest in-game?

Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling and probably mis-categorized posting
    Nah, it's fine.

I've had several other kinships contact me in-game; we actually met up with one of them tonight (Elenyali) and got a chance to run through the Grand Stairs instance. Good times were had, even when the Minstrel got thrown into the void. And I really need to learn to move when I'm told to do so; Igash hurts.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;

Excellent - thanks for the advice on the global channel... that should help.

We have numerous toons from 30-40 so those groups should be easy to work out... we also have a Guardian, Hunter, Burglar crew that is at 24 right now so the minstrel and warden would make a perfect fit! I'll look for your toons online whenever we are on next... ShadoeJack, Alkhazeltzer, and Magorstor are the three at 24.

Again thanks for the advice and reply... it's nice to know there is polite life out there

Don't know what an Igash is but it sounds bad... is there an inoculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Underhill View Post
    My partner and I have been running into a bit of trouble lately on our main characters; specifically, the trouble with being able to complete content. (Specifically three-man content.) Since we're both Lore buffs and mildly OCD about doing all of the story-line quests, this makes us a bit cranky.
    That quest line also takes you through the two new six person instances and the new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by fartrek View Post
    That quest line also takes you through the two new six person instances and the new raid.
    Actually I was talking about the Moria three-mans. We haven't even started on Volume III yet.

Mae govannen, Uroduil and Celirael. May a star shine upon the hour of our meeting.

Valacirca is a Rank 10 kinship on Arkenstone with mature players and two rules (the second is a piece of advice, really): "No drama" and "Do not drink from the keg in the kin house unless you want to end up pantsless and hung over in Angmar." Our level range spans low teens to 65, and not only do we quest together, but we also craft for each other a lot. Just yesterday I was making a spear and javelin set for a warden, while at the same time someone else was whipping up batches of food for people, and our L65 LM was sewing a new set of armor for my alt. We were one step away from being a quilting bee or scrapbook party.

If anyone would like to meet some of us, please feel free to send a tell to me; Shargath; our kin leader, Wyspmoth; or Dissentary -- we're all on frequently.

May Elbereth guide your footsteps,

Moraiwë of Lórien
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000019ef48/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Some fine people and fine kins have responded to this thread, and at the risk of trodding on some toes (which is not my intent) I would like to say that Shadows of Eriador would be happy to have you as well, though we wouldn't ask that we take precedent over any of the groups that have already responded with interest to your post if you've already responded to them, just wishing to give you some extra options is all

We are a rank 10 kin with mature players, many lore-junkies. We have a website (Shadowlotro.com) and a fully operational space-station....er, Ventrilo server and we're always looking to make new friends. We are also invested fully in the pursuit of fun, moreso than anything else, really, and have a host of great peeps willing to help quest, instance, skirm, or just chat. If this interests you please go to our site to apply or send myself (Feristahl/Anhur/Pithias/Datal) a tell in-game for more info!

Hi everyone:

Sorry I didn't update this sooner, but we've accepted the invitation extended by Elenyali and are currently settling in and meeting our new kinfolks. Thanks to everyone who responded and tried to set up a meeting with us in-game, but our first experience of grouped content with some members of this kinship was such a positive event that we wanted to hang out with the rest of them.

We'll still be around, of course, and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet some of you in-game as well. As I said before, if you see any of my characters around - or any of the Scholars of the Red Book - send a tell if you want to group up. We always like meeting new friends. (Our unofficial house motto is "A stranger is just a friend we haven't met yet.")