Guess the CSTM Theme Song Lyrics Contest!
You’ve probably heard the Casual Stroll to Mordor podcast introduction music countless times each and every week. In case you were not aware, the song is called “The Pelennor” and is from the LOTRO soundtrack.
Every so often we receive a question from a listener asking what exactly the singers are saying in our theme song. We thought this would be a great contest! Azz settled himself down and listened to the beginning of “The Pelennor” over and over until he has what he believes to be the lyrics to the song. After Azz handed me his lyrics, I sat and listened to the theme and I think he’s probably spot on.
There are two ways to win this contest because we feel we should reward not only those with a good ear but someone who is creative as well.
- The proper lyrics (or as Azz has deciphered them as close you can get)
- clever or witty version of the lyrics
You can submit lyrics for either or both categories but are only eligible to win one of them so choose carefully.
We have a prize for each category winner of the contest.
- Winner of the proper lyrics version will win a 60-day LOTRO Game Time card code good for 2 months of VIP access!
- Winner of the clever or witty lyrics version will win a $25 Turbine Points Card code!
How to Enter
Entering is simple. Send an email to contests@casualstrolltomordor. com.
In your email please include the following information:
- “Lyrics Contest” in the subject line
- Your character’s name and primary server
- Which category you are entering (proper or witty lyrics)
- Your Lyrics!
If you plan to submit an entry for both categories, they can be in the same email, simply separate them with a few spaces so I can tell where one ends and the next begins.
- All lyrics submitted must have a PG-Rating (we are a family site). Any vulgar or just plain adult entries are subject to being discarded.
- The time card and point code are only valid for the Turbine client and will not work on the Codemasters system.
- Any Turbine player is eligible to enter. Even if an European player with a free Turbine account!
- Your email address is used to contact the winner and deliver the points code. Your email address is not displayed on the blog and is not shared with any third parties. We will use it to contact the winners only.
- This contest is open from March 25 through March 31, 2011 at 11:59pm EST (-4 GMT). Entries received after this cutoff time will be discarded.
How Winners Are Selected
Winners will be contacted and will be given 2 days to respond before a new winner is selected. We will email the winners of the contest the point codes to the email address they provide in their entry.
Proper Lyrics Entry
Entries are judged against the lyrics Azz determined to be correct. If several are correct (or very close) a winner will be drawn randomly using random.org random number generator.
Witty Lyrics Entry
Entries will be shared with CSTM staff writers and voted on for their favorite. In the event of a tie, a winner will be drawn randomly using random.org random number generator.
Intro Audio Clip
Here is a clip of “The Pelennor” that we use on the show to help you! Good luck!
Contest brought to you by A Casual Stroll to Mordor