We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Lua Plugin

Best Lua Plugin

Just wanted to know your favorite lua plugins and UI skins
    Thanks
    I rather die on my feet, then live on my knees.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000467780/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Best Lua Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniHeal View Post
    Just wanted to know your favorite lua plugins and UI skins
    Thanks
    SimplyNotes. Allows me to store a bunch of information about my character, trait builds, et kin (and fellow kinmembers), and et cetera.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

I just installed my first plugin "travel". Love it. Just wished it automatically loaded.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000023b06d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jjoren View Post
    I just installed my first plugin "travel". Love it. Just wished it automatically loaded.
    There's a meta-plugin called Plugin Manager (or something to that effect) that will automatically load plugins of your choice once you load it. It lets you load multiple plugins with only one command. If you decide to use more than one plugin, it's a great way to get as close to loading automatically as possible.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

Split between BuffBars and TonicBars

I always use both.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

I like buffbars and some kins even require it for raids. It's pretty nice. I also like travel for my hunter. Lotrointerface is where you want to go for your UI and Plugins. I like ArenaUI for my UI.
    [center][COLOR=#00e0ed]WWHBD
    What Would Honey Badger Do[/center][/color][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=cyan]____________________[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=cyan] |[COLOR=yellowgreen] [u]Sinea 65 Loremaster[/u][color=black]_[/color] [/COLOR]|[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR=cyan][/CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]|[color=black].[/color][COLOR=yellowgreen][u]Tylwythteg 65 Hunter[/COLOR][/u]|[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][U][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]|[COLOR=yellowgreen]Windfola [/COLOR]|[/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Plugin Manager - Load this program and it loads all other plugins automatically
    -no image except option screen that you can choose which plugins to load

BuffBars - Shows all buffs/debuffs/cooldowns I have, plus a duration bar showing when they expire
    -shown on the left of the screen just to the right of the raid

Palantir - Has my morale, and power in semi-circles on each side of my toon, plus inbetween the bottom of the semi-circles are 4 boxes which convieniently hold my cure pots for quick use (they also light up when I need to use them)
    -2x semi-circles around my toon and the bar directly under showing the cappy buff and hope

Travel - just recently installed and it frees up all my travel locations for my Warden and Hunter (and other toons but mainly these) into a hidden panel that I can load with a single click of a little icon. Saves many quickslots for skills other than travel.
    -not installed at time of this screeny, though it would be hidden anyways

Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

I really like the plugins you're using and plan to have a look at those. Could you tell me if they all work fine with the last update ?

Quote Originally Posted by oluwan View Post
    I really like the plugins you're using and plan to have a look at those. Could you tell me if they all work fine with the last update ?
    AFAIK nothing was broken with the latest update - the plugins I use all work the same [I use Plugin Manager, BuffBars, Palantir, LotroPAD, and TonicBars].

A tip for using Plugin Manager - create an alias to load it, that way instead of typing the whole /plugins load manager every time you start the game all you have to do is type the alias.

I use ;pmload on all of my characters. To create the alias type the following into the chat box:

/alias ;pmload /plugins load manager

You can also create a shortcut on your quickslot bar so you don't have to type anything - just click on the shortcut.

/shortcut # ;pmload [Where # corresponds to the slot you wish it to be created in, you can then drag it to any slot you wish to. I always put it in slot 9 and drag it off to a side bar [/shortcut 9 ;pmload]]
    [B][I]Back after a long hiatus[/I][/B]
    Founding Lifetime Member/LotRO Beta Tester - Still love the game

I used to use Travel until I found TonicBars which allows you to create customized bars and clear up a TON of space. I have extension bars (ones that only show up when you mouse over them) to hold all my horses, travel options, and food.

I'm also a huge fan of Palantir and Buffbars.

So far, no issues that I've seen with the new patch and any of these.

As for the UI skins, I'm using the Divine UI Gold Edition MBR which moves the main quickslot bar over to the right.

I've got a ton of shots and videos of mine all over my sites but not one real good one to show off just my normal setup.
    Anawyne - 85 Warden, Iothelion - 69 Captain, Iothryth - 65 Minstral, Carawaru - 50s Champion
    [URL="http://docholidaymmo.com/"]DocHoliday[/URL] has blogged off/on mainly on Wardens

Just TonicBars

I love the default Lotro skin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001e3637/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    Split between BuffBars and TonicBars

I always use both.
    Absolutely this! These plugins are awesome!

Although for tonicbars, I wish the changes you make to the preconfigured quickbars (like stances) would stay after logout...as it is, every time I log in I have to tell tonicbars to always show stances...minor, but annoying.

Tonicbars is hands down my favorite. I've wanted triggered quickslots since day 1, and this plugin handles them very well. If I'm diseased, my "disease" bar pops up, etc. It's also cut down on my screen clutter enormously. I used to keep my hunter travel slots on a quickslot bar down the left side. Now it's one box (with my map home showing) and 17-18 slots that only show when I mouse over the first box.

I like Buffbars a lot too - kind of for the opposite reason. I always hated using a heal pot without knowing how much time was left on the debuff. If it's going to be 2 minutes, I'm going to use the pot. If it's going to be 4 seconds, I'll just wait it out. Now that info is right there so I can see it without mousing up to the status bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    Absolutely this! These plugins are awesome!

Although for tonicbars, I wish the changes you make to the preconfigured quickbars (like stances) would stay after logout...as it is, every time I log in I have to tell tonicbars to always show stances...minor, but annoying.
    My tiny annoyance w/ TonicBars is also related to the pre-configured QuickBars, I don't like that they are turned on by default on new and existing characters :/.

For stances I just create my own TonicBar and disable the pre-configured, this way I have control over the order they show in as well as their visibility state. I think the only pre-configured bars I use right now are focus ones on my Hunter [though I may manually do this as well] and certain status/defeat response related on my Captain.
    [B][I]Back after a long hiatus[/I][/B]
    Founding Lifetime Member/LotRO Beta Tester - Still love the game

Plugin Manager
    TonicBars
    Buff Bars

It is a step forward but,

Turbine need to open up the API way more so the LUA folkes can make those addons even more polished and develop addons not yet possible because of the many limitations.

I like to see addons like WoW's Altoholic, Auctioneer, Book Recepies, ArkInventory, Pitbull, Mikes Scrolling Combat Text, Vuhdo, Kg Panels, etc. make it into the scene.

I take my WoW Interface I put together with addons anytime over the one I use in LOTRO, no pun intended to the devs of the LOTRO plugins I use, it is not their fault they are stuck because of the API limitations. Awesome work you guys do!

/Edit. I just read carlosjuero 4 months+ without smoking. Grats and Way to go! I tried it once and holdout about two weeks before grabbing the pack of cigarettes up again.
    Last edited by Lotroien; Mar 23 2011 at 01:14 PM.

I've been WoW-Clean for just over three years...

thank you, thank you.

...and one thing I do recall is it was necessary to have a LOT of plug-ins for WoW. Threat Meters, Trinket Manager, Crafting Guide, Instance Maps, Raid Organizers... I don't remember what all I had, actually. Lots.

The problem with a lot of plug ins... actually, let's say the main problem with a lot of plug ins, is it means that there is a problem with the basic, end-user interface. When WoW devs realized that 99% of players used an interface that does "x" they upgraded their UI to automatically do "x" too.

I haven't installed any plug-ins for LOTRO, but I'm sort of hoping that anything I really need will be incorporated by the Devs.

The best plugin is the plugin manager. Without it, most people would be using one or two plugins max, because of the hassle. With it, you can create a simple little shortcut to load every plugin you want. So by far the best and most useful plugin. Most of my characters run 6 plugins thanks to the manager, some even more.

(and I can easily setup a shortcut to /rl so I can get my bags working again thanks to that horrible bug that is still there in the current patch)

Some add-on are nice, though they don't "add" more to my experience. =-\
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

First off, default LotRO skin, and as far as plugins go - I haven't really had much time to try any of them out. Well, besides the obvious ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lotroien View Post
    Plugin Manager
    TonicBars
    Buff Bars

It is a step forward but,

Turbine need to open up the API way more so the LUA folkes can make those addons even more polished and develop addons not yet possible because of the many limitations.

I like to see addons like WoW's Altoholic, Auctioneer, Book Recepies, ArkInventory, Pitbull, Mikes Scrolling Combat Text, Vuhdo, Kg Panels, etc. make it into the scene.

I take my WoW Interface I put together with addons anytime over the one I use in LOTRO, no pun intended to the devs of the LOTRO plugins I use, it is not their fault they are stuck because of the API limitations. Awesome work you guys do!
    Wholeheartedly agree, and at least from me, thanks Believe me, a lot of times it's like trying to turn lead into gold. There are quite a few things that exist practically through sheer willpower alone, and really, I love it. No matter how much stuff I have to pull out of my ???, it's all worth it when an idea turns into reality

I've recently started playing WoW as well, which has given me a lot of perspective involving addons - not only the nuts and bolts, but also how they're used by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffadoc View Post
    I've been WoW-Clean for just over three years...

thank you, thank you.

...and one thing I do recall is it was necessary to have a LOT of plug-ins for WoW. Threat Meters, Trinket Manager, Crafting Guide, Instance Maps, Raid Organizers... I don't remember what all I had, actually. Lots.

The problem with a lot of plug ins... actually, let's say the main problem with a lot of plug ins, is it means that there is a problem with the basic, end-user interface. When WoW devs realized that 99% of players used an interface that does "x" they upgraded their UI to automatically do "x" too.

I haven't installed any plug-ins for LOTRO, but I'm sort of hoping that anything I really need will be incorporated by the Devs.
    Amusingly enough, Blizz has actually incorporated some of these ideas into the actual game. While my memory of Vanilla - up to and including part of BC is a bit foggy, I can tell you that mousing over any mob will now show the percentage of threat you have, and the area around the mob's portrait will change from normal, to glowing orange, to glowing red - based on threat. They also have a quest tracker - but save for the huge rings, I still prefer LotRO's.

Not all is sunshine and rainbows though, bartender is still pretty much mandatory, as they're sticking with the same 6-page main bar - and an addon is still required to see coords.

Beyond that, the only two addons I have are Recount (meters) and Deadly Boss Mods - the latter is pretty much mandatory for raiding - but then again, if LotRO raids are anything like their instances, there's a huge difference between the amount of stuff going on.

Back on topic though - there's a saying that you can't please all the people, all the time - and especially from a development standpoint, truer words have never been spoken. The beauty of addons/plugins is that it allows users to set up their UI exactly how they want to, without tying up developer time. Especially in this case, there's an exceptional amount of developer time involved, compared to what a plugin author needs to spend. With the game, it requires a new build, double checking that everything else doesn't break, as well as giving the support staff a heads-up, in case someone has a problem. By using a plugin system, it works independently of the game, updates can happen within the same day, and the author assumes all the responsibility of support, and handling requests.

For example - let's say Turbine decided (for whatever reason - just speaking of what I know) to add Palantir-like HUD as a in-game UI option. Well that's great! You wouldn't have to download Palantir anymore. But what happens if there's a bug? You submit it, and maybe 3 months down the road it gets fixed? What happens if you, say want a way to quickly recenter it? When does that suggestion get filled?

Now, if you download Palantir, and find a bug - that's probably going to be fixed within a a few days - if not the same day. Suggestions may take a bit longer, but even then it's still a lot quicker than Turbine would do. So yeah, you have to put up with downloading something - but plugin/addon authors are a lot more flexible than any dev team.

Now, I realize that not every author is going to be as dedicated to what they put out - and while I feel that's sad, it also gives a more dedicated author the opportunity to compete.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I found MouseCursorHA yesterday and I love it. It makes a fully customizeable highlighter that follows your mouse cursor so you won't ever lose your cursor again.
    [center][COLOR=#00e0ed]WWHBD
    What Would Honey Badger Do[/center][/color][CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=cyan]____________________[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=cyan] |[COLOR=yellowgreen] [u]Sinea 65 Loremaster[/u][color=black]_[/color] [/COLOR]|[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR=cyan][/CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]|[color=black].[/color][COLOR=yellowgreen][u]Tylwythteg 65 Hunter[/COLOR][/u]|[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][U][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]|[COLOR=yellowgreen]Windfola [/COLOR]|[/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/CENTER]

buffbars are useless for me...only track my buffs so as a LM i dont need that.(maybe if in future buufs bars works for fellow that will awesome until than for me is useless). palantir i try and dont like too...prefer the debuff remove from tonicbars (if someone just want only morale/power bar have better options than palantir). in the end i only use tonicbars and manager (and compendium).

Tonicbars !
    The best one for me, so useful, bug-free, nearly perfect

I'm still looking for a brillant Warden plug with some new ideas about the warden.

Unhappy Re: Best Lua Plugin

I wrote a dozen scripts when I played WoW and would like to do many of the same things in LOTRO, but the current API is so limited that most of the good ideas aren't feasible. Also, the enhancements to the API in the last 6 months have been almost nil. Even some some trivial additions like getting the current map coordinates would help a lot.

I use:

Manager
    Buffbars
    Travel
    LotroPad
    Songbook

I've been thinking about giving TonicBars a try.

There are some very good and useful plugins available. Buffbars is a mainstay for many.

But the best? Evendale's Combat Analysis is IMO heads and shoulders above any other plugin. Its so far ahead of anything else done its shocking. Its truly amazing. I would have never imagined you could do with LUA what he has done.

His new Combat Analysis 3.0 adds functions and effects that are just not done by other coders. Which is why he and his plug in is on top IMO. There are options for every type of plugin available there is always someone else able to do what someone else has already done. But nobody has been able to provide what he has up to this point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000fd8b5/signature.png]Grampsith[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast