We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Lesson from Lord Elrond

I was hoping to get some advice. I am currently working on the "A Lesson from Lord Elrond," and everytime I get close to "the articles of mystery" I die when I get close to the stone statues. Not sure what they are called. I am a level 47 lore master and the quest states that 45 is the lowest level to get the quest. It takes place in Angmar when I take the road to Imlad Balchorth or go through Malenhad. I get close to the statues and die. Cry, go to sleep and then try again, lol. Was hoping to find out if there was a different way to get there or a certain way I need to setup my character or do I just need to be level 50? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: A Lesson from Lord Elrond

You need to advance your epic quest line further to get rid of the insta death of those statues. The quest starts in Rivendel at Aragon and once completed you can cross without a problem.

Have you completed the Epic Volume 1 book 6? The statues insta-kill you until you've finished that book.

Gah, nevermind. I'm too slow, you already have 2 correct answers.
    I'll just say Good Luck!

I'm pretty sure you have to complet book 6 I think of your epic quest line. Could be wrong on the book number.

Thanks abunch guys, dang that was fast and it is totally appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmook View Post
    You need to advance your epic quest line further to get rid of the insta death of those statues. The quest starts in Rivendel at Aragon and once completed you can cross without a problem.
    They insta killed my hobbit hunter at lvl 25 when i got ported there by a keg.
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    Oh, now THAT's just harsh! My Burg got ported to the area in the southWEST of Malenhad via our kin keg (I think at 24 or 26), but thankfully, not to the other side.. (I still died once from a fricking sickle fly)
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

Oh this is good to know then *lol*

My poor Lore Master was prospecting the area and came across those statues. So being naturally curious I sent her to investigate and died....five deaths later I sent her back to Esteldin to craft the iron ore she had collected

Is it just me or does Angmar have a pleasingly nasty look to it *lol*

My Lore-master wasn't in the mood to run 1.6 (I wanted that eagle now!), so I checked the kin chest and found some of the items. Alas, all the remaining items were still on the other side of the kill zone. In the end I dumped my plans to train a second soldier and used my skirmish marks on the remaining items.
    [I]Pineleaf Needles[/I],

Skirmisher Director for [URL="http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/"]LOTRO Players[/URL].

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

OH That lesson.

I thought you meant "If the ring holder wont drop the ring in the fires then give him a shove off the cliff into the fire"

Could have saves 3 books worth of trouble.

Another way across

I found another way across. If you are with a Lore-master who has completed the book 6 quests, he can use Back from the Brink on you repeatedly across the line of watchers. You are then revived to where he is standing and instantly die again, until you reach the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustyn View Post
    I found another way across. If you are with a Lore-master who has completed the book 6 quests, he can use Back from the Brink on you repeatedly across the line of watchers. You are then revived to where he is standing and instantly die again, until you reach the other side.
    My first character was taken to East Angmar by a hunter to get his class-quest stuff long before he completed that part of the Epic. Note that this was back before F2P and when you [i]had[i] to group for parts of the Epic. There has been plenty of time for Turbine to patch things so a hunter can't take you across the line anymore. I have no idea if they did that though.
    “Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

? Pravin Lal

There is another way around this problem, if you'd rather not work on the epic story-line right now.

All of the items behind those nasty statues can be traded between players, so you could check the AH for them. The Curiosities Vendors at the Skirmish Camps also offer these items for marks. So you can get everything you need without ever entering Eastern Angmar.

Later in the quests you need to complete for "A Lesson from Lord Elrond", you'll also need items which drop from certain Elite mobs in Carn Dum. Those are intended to be taken down by a group of players. Since hardly anyone does the Carn Dum content these days, finding a group for this can be pretty difficult. Again, AH and Skirmish Camps can help you around this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    There is another way around this problem, if you'd rather not work on the epic story-line right now.

All of the items behind those nasty statues can be traded between players, so you could check the AH for them. The Curiosities Vendors at the Skirmish Camps also offer these items for marks. So you can get everything you need without ever entering Eastern Angmar.

Later in the quests you need to complete for "A Lesson from Lord Elrond", you'll also need items which drop from certain Elite mobs in Carn Dum. Those are intended to be taken down by a group of players. Since hardly anyone does the Carn Dum content these days, finding a group for this can be pretty difficult. Again, AH and Skirmish Camps can help you around this.

Just a note that for some classes you *will* need to enter Eastern Angmar to complete the class quest. The first set of items to gather cannot be traded, but must be gathered directly by the character. For some classes some of these items can only be found in the Eastern part of Angmar. (This is the case for Captains at least.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    Ha that's brutal. Poor little hobbit.

I remember dying about 20 times from those statues whilst trying to do another quest.
    When i finally conceded and asked in regional what was the deal i felt a complete doofus.