We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2.9.5 Treacherous lights

I found one of the dwarfs, then chase him around till he turns into one of those ball of light. I try to attack then it, turns into a ghost mob. I kill the ghost mob. Then repeat. How do i complete it?
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

Re: 2.9.5 Treacherous lights

Those are illusions. They are not the real dwarves. Search until you find some that do not vanish.

Indeed. If one vanishes, forget it and don't follow. You'll eventually find a dwarf that doesn't disappear and you snap him out of the mez (so to speak).
    [center]Dum spiro, spero - Cicero
    Alexandrov, R9
    Stanimir, R7
    Kollontai, noob
    [/center]

if you can not find them there are always sites that will tell you where the real ones are located.

Yes this is a pain in the butt quest even on the fourth or fifth time. But I like the idea and the originality of the quests.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Oh how this quest irritated me the first time i did it. i ran around chasing light for 20 mins then got smart and googled the quest to see the answer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

hint: take a look at your quest tracker

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV

I did the exact same thing as Asroknight. I soloed it for about half an hour, getting progressively more frustrated, then I finally asked other people what was going on, heard that I should ignore the quest text and only pay attention to the quest tracker, and solved it pretty quickly after that.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

I very misleading quest in deed, after reading a few threads about it and thinking about it, I decided to use the three pops of each ghost dwarf as kind of a dot to dot line, showing the direction of the real slim shadys and sure enough I found the real dwarfs on that line the ghosts were drawing.

So....as the ghosts vanish and re-appear us there spawn to spawn to spawn points for your line to follow and you'll find them very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    hint: take a look at your quest tracker

That is not a good idea. The quest tracker intentionally leads you to the illusions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000001104f/01008/signature.png]Gilanna[/charsig]

I really enjoyed this quest, but then again I always liked stories about will 'o wisps and apparitions Sure, I got fooled by the same 'dwarf' the first time, but then I re-read the quest and realized I was being fooled by some fey, old spirit straight out of the mythologies of cultures all around the world.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000d1bd0/signature.png]Muin[/charsig]

One of the best quests in the game. Not something you're want to repeat as a quest maker, but it requires reading comprehension, thought, and something less than a bull charge in order to solve.

I used to design quests for text only MMOs back in the 80s and early 90s. Some of the younger developers could learn a lot by going back to the days of TinyLondon / TinyMuD and studying some of the puzzle and riddle techniques used then.

Winnower
    "you are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"
    "Kill dragon with bare hands"