We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lotro Updates

Lotro Updates

I have purchased the Lord of The Rings Online: The Mines of Moria Collectors Edition. I installed the game, registered an account, and am now waiting for the LOTRO launcher to finish it's updating process. I calculated that at the current speed I won't be playing for three days. My connection speed is running at 1000 kb/s. What's the deal?
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 19 2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Removed content violating the community guidelines

Re: Lotro Updates = expletive deleted

First off, there's no need for profanity or vulgarity; you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, after all.

Secondly, do I understand that you installed the game from the three-year-old discs in the MoM Collectors Edition? Why? Download a much more recent version of the client from the website, and you'll have to deal with a much shorter update process. (You will have to wait for the client install-files to download, of course, but that should be a shorter process.) One thing to note: when you download, it will prompt you to create an account. You can skip that step, since you've already created your account and registered your MoM key to it.
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 19 2011 at 11:35 PM.
    [center][color=cyan]I used to have a signature but it went away with the forum revamp.[/color]
    [color=gold]ARKENSTONE:[/color][color=tan] Mithraudecthel 85 Elf WDN; Ulroduil 85 Elf GRD;
    Dagorlaer 68 Elf MIN; Fortinagard 55 Hobbit WDN; Galagath 50 Elf HNT;
    Tedimore 45 Man BRG; Faenvenel 37 Elf RK; Fingaladan 31 Elf LM[/color][/center]

Thanks I think I'll try the download. I suppose I got a bit over excited.

Yeah, I did the same thing when I recently started playing again. Originally installed from the DVD. After having some stability issues, I downloaded the latest client from the site and re-installed. It's been working better since. I'm not sure if it's really a quicker download, but you will get a more stable version of the game, so I'd go with that. But yeah, with that internet connection it should only be an hour or so anyway.