We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Disappearing Lottery Winnings

Didn't see this on the list of known issues, and wondered if anyone else has had this happen in the past. I won today's Adventurer's Lottery on Dorrie, my lvl 36 Minstrel. I logged in to collect my winnings, and began opening the mail messages to do so. One of the prizes was a Tome of Revival. I removed the item from the mail message, and as usual, the mail message auto-deleted. Problem is, the Tome of Revival disappeared, never made it into my inventory. I'm pretty sure this happened on a previous win, but it was the first time I'd noticed anything wierd about it, and wasn't quite sure what I'd lost other than some sort of tome, so I didn't do anything about it. Today I was sure that it had disappeared, so I submitted a ticket on it.

Shortly after I submitted the ticket, it was closed with a note saying that there was nothing that could be done in-game about it, though I'm not sure why that is. Seems that if there was a mail message with an item attached, and the item disappeared, it would be reasonably easy to see what had happened and replace the missing item, but I'm no game programmer, so could be it's just not that easy.

I was advised to submit a bug report via the forums, which I've done, but just curious to see if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them with lottery winnings disappearing after removing them from the mail message.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Re: Disappearing Lottery Winnings

The Tome of Revival auto adds to your character panel, next to your Armour level I think. If I recall it's the symbol with the green + symbol.

EDIT: Don't ask me how it works. I won it on a character that I rarely play and he hasn't died since I won mine a few months ago.
    Last edited by Skigorn; Mar 16 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Tome of Revival never (afaik) appears in your inventory.

Open your character panel, and you'll see a cross symbol right after your gold line (i think, going by memory here). That's where you tome goes. If you did win some, you should see a number here that equals to how many tomes you have.

P.S. and just in case you're curious, you'll be asked if you want to use this if you die and not able to use the in game revive thingie.
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

I had the same thing happen to me. I even filled out a bug ticket for it, but fortunately a GM came to right away and showed me the error of my ways.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000003ae40/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ah, that makes sense, so it didn't actually disappear then. Can you accumulate more than one? (I'm assuming yes, but don't know). I apparently haven't died on a character that has won a Tome of Revival, or I'd have realized how it works. Thanks for the info, glad to know it hasn't actually disappeared!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Alcaniel View Post
    Ah, that makes sense, so it didn't actually disappear then. Can you accumulate more than one? (I'm assuming yes, but don't know). I apparently haven't died on a character that has won a Tome of Revival, or I'd have realized how it works. Thanks for the info, glad to know it hasn't actually disappeared!
    Yes, you can have several. If you look at your character panel you'll see them.

There are a number of items that do what we call "auto consume" once you claim them. Most of them are Tomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Yes, you can have several. If you look at your character panel you'll see them.
    Just to add to Sapience; your Lottery winning actually gets you 5 tomes at once
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanCarlo View Post
    Just to add to Sapience; your Lottery winning actually gets you 5 tomes at once
    Yay, even better! Thanks for all the responses, so glad it wasn't really a problem!