We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I 'soft' lock my action bars?

Is there any way in lotro to have my bars locked but be able to hold down shift or ctrl to move things around? As things stand now the lock and unlock states are equally frustrating in very different ways.

Re: Can I 'soft' lock my action bars?

Nothing I know of that does exactly as you describe, but there is a keybind available for the action bar lock. Not sure it has any default setting, but I usually put mine to ctrl-L so I can lock and unlock as needed without going into the options.

Hell, I'd be hapy if I could ADD stuff without unlocking my action bars. Drove me nuts until I realized that my hunter could not add new skills to the ABs because I had them locked. I justed wanted to avoid rearranging my layout by accident while moving in combat. Leveling up I've decided I just need to cope.

The keybind for locking quickslots , at least on a UK keyboard is

CTRL ' (the key with @ on it)

Can't say for certain about US keyboards or EU ones
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000756e3/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [URL="http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=173230&TabID=1466011"][COLOR=#FFFF00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFEC00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFDA00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFC800]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFB600]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFA300]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF9100]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF7F00]u[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF6D00]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF5B00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF4800]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF3600]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF2400]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF1200]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]e [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF2400]E[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF3600]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF4800]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF5B00]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF6D00]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF7F00]_[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF9100]E[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFA300]U[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFB600]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFC800]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFDA00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFEC00]~[/COLOR][/URL]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange]Sya Furrytoes[/COLOR] - Minstrel, [COLOR=orange]Ordela Furrytoes[/COLOR] - Hunter, [COLOR=orange]Salain Haladain[/COLOR] - Warden, [COLOR=orange]Salahn Haladain[/COLOR] - Captain, [COLOR=orange]Dyllyn[/COLOR] [COLOR=Orange]Ironbeard [/COLOR]- Guardian[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Salahn View Post
    The keybind for locking quickslots , at least on a UK keyboard is

CTRL ' (the key with @ on it)

Can't say for certain about US keyboards or EU ones
    There isn't a default keybind (at least for US) for this option. You have to go into Option > Key Mapping. It is under the Miscellaneous section to set one.

I don't think there is a soft lock but I kepmapped mine with the CTRL+L (or was that default? I can't remember) you can lock and unlock them quicker without having to go into the options.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg