We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

If you only knew... Sat 3-14-11

Opps, the relic is captured...

[CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

Re: If you only knew... Sat 3-14-11

[CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

Sometimes I just like to observe
    [/CENTER]

The exact reason why I'm afraid of wargs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001e250d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Post Re: If you only knew... Sat 3-14-11

A proper lvl 65 Hunter in PvMP should be traited with Heightened Senses. This cancels out the Warg's ability to lurk and observe. If you don't have that skill yet, Ardrandir, then you have work to do. Stop fearing Wargs and start pwning them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes, Hunters are the natural enemy of wargs. Trait tracking every time you go to the Moors.
    [/CENTER]

Hey look it's me, and me again...and hey look again....
    [color=darkgreen]Aukn Kazwatcher - 85 - Blackarrow - Rank 7 ~ PewPew - No Kin
    Aveindah - 19 - Runekeeper - Rank 0 ~ None - No kin
    Tarien - 72 - Runekeeper - Rank 1 ~ Scholar - No Kin
    Mallien - 76 - Guardian - Rank 6 ~ Metalsmith - No Kin[/color]

I've had Heightened Senses traited ever since I earned it and track all the time (hell, I rolled a Hunter chiefly 'cos of tracking) but wargs still manage to get the jump on me every once in a while. Couple of times I got attacked by a warg mere seconds after tracking and finding nothing. HS works on NPC monsters like magic but not quite so in the Moors.
    Also, I can't track in combat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001e250d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

L a w l !

Red face Re: If you only knew... Sat 3-14-11

Quote Originally Posted by kocsis View Post
    I've had Heightened Senses traited ever since I earned it and track all the time (hell, I rolled a Hunter chiefly 'cos of tracking) but wargs still manage to get the jump on me every once in a while. Couple of times I got attacked by a warg mere seconds after tracking and finding nothing. HS works on NPC monsters like magic but not quite so in the Moors.
    Also, I can't track in combat.
    in pvmp on the freep side:
    multiple hunters in one group or even solo hunters should pick a hot spot around the raid and stay out of combat as long as possible and do nothing BUT track nature. you can see foe so it's pointless to track them...well not pointless but thats one track you wasted while in the meantime you or your fellow are being pounced. and you didnt track anything probably because you didnt go to the bard and trait for heightened senses OR you accidentally tracked foe instead of nature.
    HS is best used in the moors from stealth, strength/fleet stanced, and/or after they are stunned/feared/bleeding/slowed...with some or all of these factors applied : hunter hs >= similar results as the RK epic conclusion [with all of their rk skills goin into its epicness]

keep trying though and good luck on your next adventure to the Ettenmoors!!!!

Well, I always have it traited, my traits are constant, and in the moors I always track nature, that's why I'm positive it's not 100% reliable. Do wargs by any chance have a HIPS like skill that makes them undetectable for a short period of time? Like whatever skill they are using to make me lose the trail? That would be another explanation. Or I dunno, but I know it has happened a couple of times that I was in EC, tracking nature, finding either nothing or only distant wargs and spiders and then bang, a warg was on me.

Ah, stupid abbreviations. I meant Heightened Senses. My bad. But thanks for the tips.
    So far I've only been in two raids but I'm generally being a good soldier and obeying the raid leader who tells me to shoot stuff, hence combat mode.
    Not to mention sending an arrow or two towards the stealthed warg I'm tracking when they are right in front of my team and/or trying to ambush someone. Bah, bottom line is, I suck. :P

Nice picts! Need more of me, it is all about me really. I didn't even bother to read the wall of text int he other posts...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]