Re: LFF Kinship
Hey, there, Tainted,
Originally Posted by TaintedEvil
So, I'm happy to talk to you about The Haruchai and the Elohim (or H&E, as we're called). Nobody likes pressure, so I'll try to give you a bunch of information, and will let you follow up (or not) however you see fit.
1. We were founded in Summer 2007, and have had the same kin leader (a fellow named Tssatt) ever since. We're stable, healthy, and growing. I believe that, as of two weeks ago, we're the third largest kin on the server; we would be in the top two, but we dismiss people if they haven't logged on in a year or two, which keeps the numbers from getting inflated.
2. We have a Ventrilo server, which tends to be very active. Ventrilo is required for raiding, and people often use it for socializing. Two nights ago, I was on there with 4 others and we were shooting the breeze (as they say). When there's groups going, people have the option to hop into subchannels.
3. We do regular raid runs. This week, we're running Turtle tonight, 1st half of BG tomorrow, and either a full DN run or finishing BG on Saturday. When the new content comes out, we'll be in there enjoying the raids as soon as possible. That being said, we are a "kin that raids", not a "raiding kin". We have about 14 active raiders, about 6 less-active raiders, and a slew of folks who prefer less demanding content. When the new content comes up, those numbers will go way up.
4. We have an active website; we recently migrated to a new server, so there's not a ton of content there, but you can visit it at http://haruelo.hubb.co.
5. We're a very active kin, and often help other members. On Tuesday, I helped two of our lower-levels with a Lonelands quest. The other day, someone made a bunch of food for my Guardian and didn't charge me. We don't do DKP or Suicide Kings-style things, and don't micromanage fairness. We're a kin with good people, and we try to maintain that. We don't tolerate trolls or immaturity, and deal with it as appropriate.
6. About 6 of us were in the Moors on Tuesday night, and we had a good time. If you're looking to do kin-exclusive PvMP content, we're probably not right for you. However, you can usually find someone to go with you, and Moors groups tend to be mostly PUGs in my experience, anyways.
Not sure if that helps, but hopefully it'll be some good information for you. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to chat, sometime. If the other people remaining in your current kin would like to check H&E out, they'd be welcome to as well-- there's no pressure.
[CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Lime]Have Questions? Get the Answers Here![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Green][I]The Answers to Your Questions Thread![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[I]I'm the leader of [URL="http://haruelo.com"]The Haruchai and the Elohim[/URL], an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.[/I] :)