We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: Kinship Revamp Proposal

Galuhad, well done! I do not think I have seen a more thorough or well put-together proposal for revisiting kinships. I hope that Turbine takes a serious look at your work and makes a swift move on this.

/signed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000190717/01001/signature.png]Thrarain[/charsig]

/also signed

Very well done. There's probably a better shot of the organizational stuff making it in than the quest/bonus stuff, but I dig it all and it makes a lot of sense. It would really change the game a lot...like in a good way.

Thanks for answering hope turbine can find a way to stop lorebraking on customs cosmetics and ranks, in my old kin i was a raid leader so it would really be cool if you could make costom ranks and permissions(raid general- calender, MOTD, raid schedleing, making quests)(herald- cosmetic making, kinship vault)

Also can i post KINSHIP REVAMP PROPOSAL in my sig? i'm gonna do it until u say no
    lore-masters are like wolves, alone we're pretty great but in a pack...

Quote Originally Posted by dragerslayer View Post
    Thanks for answering hope turbine can find a way to stop lorebraking on customs cosmetics and ranks, in my old kin i was a raid leader so it would really be cool if you could make costom ranks and permissions(raid general- calender, MOTD, raid schedleing, making quests)(herald- cosmetic making, kinship vault)

Also can i post KINSHIP REVAMP PROPOSAL in my sig? i'm gonna do it until u say no
    lol thanks, of course you can include it in your sig.. (you may want to include the link to, not just the text - just a suggestion :P )
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

Hey Galuhad, I know it's not necessarily in the scope of "kinship" related stuff, but considering we would more likely get an update to the Fellowing panel, as opposed to a whole new separate Kinship panel, would you consider molding the other bits of the Fellowing panel into the overall model as well, via tabs on the top or something?

I would love to see you take a stab at an improved system for Instance PUGing, something which is so completely lacking besides constantly posting in GLFF that it's just a joke.

A lot more work, I know. So if you don't feel like it, don't bother, but you've clearly got the graphic chops to bring some amazing ideas to the devs.

This is awesome. Get to it, Turbineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    lol thanks, of course you can include it in your sig.. (you may want to include the link to, not just the text - just a suggestion :P )
    Hah, all right. Had to make it fit with my quote though

Quote Originally Posted by Moosildur View Post
    This is awesome. Get to it, Turbineers.
    I thought it was Turbinites?

Out in the country here we have a very good word, repeat after me:

Sapiencefragilisticexpialedoci ous
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Excellent work! Thrarain just posted the link to this page in our kinship's website, and I like most, if not all of the many great ideas you have put into this well-constructed post. I really hope Turbine takes the time to read through this article to improve upon the current Kinship system. Well done!

/Signed!

~Morotheri of Elendilmir, Governor in the Gray Council of Arnor.
    [U][COLOR=#0066cc][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][/URL][/COLOR][/U]

I'm not sure I like the buffs. But that's really the only part I don't like. I love the interface design, it fits with the current UI. Rankings with customizable settings, awesome. A real kin bank.. good. ALLIANCES!! OMG! YES. Overall, great presentation for all of this, good ideas.
    {*Nusnogard - Hobbit Minstrel*}{*Evolnogard - Elf Rune-Keeper*}
    {*Batsnogard - Hobbit Warden*}{*Emilsnogard - Woman Captain*}

Absolute full approval of this. The degree of detail you put in is phenomenal, and its just impressive how much thought you put into balancing everything out.

Very, VERY well done mate.

/signed

I think it was a different thread - you created a new look for trackable reputation.

How about having kinship rep factions? Or just a new NPC and different "tokens". The rewards could be similar to general rep rewards - housing items - special cosmetics etc.

Maybe the rep has to be gained more in a skirmish scenario - just because I think it should not be something that can be easily done solo but needs maybe min 3 man groups (for smaller kins) and larger kins can opt for 12 man, even raid size to gain rep faster?

Or are we/am I getting too complicated?
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Can I give you a hug? This is awesome!

As it is one of the other MMOGs I have played extensively, I think a lot about how EVE mechanics can be brought to LotRO (why let the space sandbox have all the good ideas?) and their corporate options is at the top of that list.

This basically blows everything a corporation can do away (save crafting) and fits the setting perfectly. Jolly well done.
    Landroval: Dedoric of Rohan | Walaran of the Vales | Rocso the party hobbit | all the alts
    /joinchannel Bee-hunters -- Landy's unofficial Beorning kin!

/Sign
    please get a dev over here now! yah we need this BAD mabye a revamp to kin housing too...this is more important than pvmp, mounted combat or anything else in que.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000183e8f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    KINSHIP REVAMP PLEASE READ! [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?385713-Kinship-Revamp-Proposal[/url]

This has got to be one of the most excellent and well developed ideas that has ever been posted to the suggestion forum.

100% agree!
    [size=3][color=#FF0000][B][I]Hakkaa Päälle!![/I][/B][/color][/size]

Wow. Just. Wow.

Turbine. Hire this person.

/signed.

Thumbs up Re: Kinship Revamp Proposal

We need thumbs up smilies dangit!!!! Just pretend that one had 2 way up Excellent thread, the pics are the perfect way to convey your ideas. I LOVE the affinity system, it is set up in a way that ANY kin can earn points The devs can use this system to add a plethora of requested purchasable kin rewards: Custom cloaks/mounts or mount banners/kinhouse colors/kin storage...oh the possibilities

You covered so many things that I am sure you, I, and many others, posted in the kinship "make a wish" re-vamp thread, and did it in a way that organized all of our ideas into a clear set of pictures.

Thank you!!
    [B][COLOR=#6495ed]"You cannot pass," he said. "I am a[/COLOR] [COLOR=#00bfff]Servant of the Secret Fire[/COLOR][COLOR=#6495ed], wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. You cannot pass."[U][I]The Fellowship of the Ring II 5: "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm"[/I][/U][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][COLOR=#5f1fff][B]Athene~Vilya~85 LM[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.sotsfire.com/"][B][COLOR=#7b68ee]SOTSFire.com [/COLOR][/B][/URL]

Simply marvelous good sir. Implement this, NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Rouven View Post
    I think it was a different thread - you created a new look for trackable reputation.

How about having kinship rep factions? Or just a new NPC and different "tokens". The rewards could be similar to general rep rewards - housing items - special cosmetics etc.

Maybe the rep has to be gained more in a skirmish scenario - just because I think it should not be something that can be easily done solo but needs maybe min 3 man groups (for smaller kins) and larger kins can opt for 12 man, even raid size to gain rep faster?

Or are we/am I getting too complicated?
    Sorry I've neglected this thread a couple of days while I was working on the other proposal.. I will look at these a bit more over the coming days For now I think it may be too complicated, but there may be something there.

And thanks everyone else for your comments and support
    Galuhad | Narvelan

Thumbs up Re: Kinship Revamp Proposal

Wow, excellent ideas and well put together post about it. Love the whole revamp you've put together. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it in the follow up posts (I haven't read all the way through them) but I just posted something in the suggestions forum which could be implemented in with the Kin changes you're proposing.

I'd suggested some form of kin message board. This would fit in well with the calendar page you've put in your idea. It would be a message board for kin members to arrange raids/groups or just post requests for help with quests or for trading/crafting.

Thumbs up for the idea!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000015b8e3/signature.png]Galluth[/charsig]

This is a great idea with fabulous creativity and mockups to provide a sincere and directly awesome approach to improving kinships. +1 rep, sir, +1.

It reminds me in all respects of the Tavern Revelries by Hayoo, which makes me a bit sad.

Outstanding work, clearly explained and illustrated! Very strongly supported! ^rep!

Great ideas! I like the thought of helping kinships out a bit. I'm sure Turbine would find ways to balance it out.

To the person who keeps saying you must have plagiarized it- First- the OP never claimed it was "original" material.

Second, I saw similarities to RIFT's kinship interface. Ideas are ideas. Plagiarism, patent and copyright infractions have to be incredibly specific. So similarities do not equal theft of intellectual property. For all you know, Warhammer's kinship system was influenced by earlier games as well, so until you can prove Warhammer was the FIRST MMO to do these specific things exactly this way you don't even know who to give credit to. There is a HUGE difference between Warhammer being the first TO DO it and Warhammer being the first YOU SAW doing it.

Third, if Newton and Leibniz can both simultaneously discover/invent/develop CALCULUS, then two people can come up with similar ideas for kinships in an MMO. Lighten up already.

Finally, to the OP again, great job! I think you did a lot of hard work. Be careful, though. If you put too much detail into it Turbine can't use it because they'd have to pay you for it and they're not going to do that. (Even though it was tongue in cheek, you already alluded to this by suggesting they hire you.) As is, they can't put these things into place exactly as you described for that very reason. So maybe less detail and just the general ideas is a better route to go.
    Officer in Windfola's House of Blackrock: a great, casual kin of people who play a lot. http://hobonline.org

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoFallowhide View Post
    Finally, to the OP again, great job! I think you did a lot of hard work. Be careful, though. If you put too much detail into it Turbine can't use it because they'd have to pay you for it and they're not going to do that. (Even though it was tongue in cheek, you already alluded to this by suggesting they hire you.) As is, they can't put these things into place exactly as you described for that very reason. So maybe less detail and just the general ideas is a better route to go.
    To be honest, I would love Turbine to hire me but I am under no expectation that it would ever happen.. For one it would probably cost them too much as I live in the UK and would need them to sponsor my visa (though with the right offer I would seriously consider moving to the US).. For now I think I will continue to dream though lol.

I don't mind putting a lot of effort into it, and I don't mind if they use it, as it is or if they change the designs.. I've been a kin leader for 2.5 years and really really want to see some improvements. You know the saying, a picture speaks a thousand words.. I could have written this post out without illustrating, but then it wouldn't of had the same affect. I hope that by seeing the potential from the images it will invoke some motivation from the game designers.

We'll see though. There's been hundreds upon hundreds of suggestions made here that fall flat, and a very short percent that actually make it in-game.
    Last edited by Galuhad; Apr 03 2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan

Aye sir, you have been +rep'ed for this kinship update. I really like how you took the time to create panels to show how your ideas would work. I applaud you.

Hopefully, people like you and I, who have grandiose ideas about how to update the Kinship system will see some of our ideas implemented in the near future. Thanks again for putting together such a great kinship update thread!
    [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon]"May your axe swing true and your strength outlast, for we are the protectors of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth"[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [B][SIZE=3]Thorr Thunderblade, Guardian and Officer, The Riders of Rohan, Arkenstone[/SIZE][/B]
    Visit us @ [URL="http://ridersofrohan.guildlaunch.com/"]The Rider Website[/URL]

+1 I agree with the needed changes and I appreciate the ammount of effort that went into this thread. Turbine please listen!!!

These changes would be very much appreciated, as a kin Leader I'd very much like to see these changes initiated.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast