We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Epic Quest Item rewards

This is my second time through Volume 1 and I'm again finding many of the quest rewards either lackluster or downright silly. This isn't just a complaint asking for better gear. the problem is, I already have better gear from earlier quests! I'd like to see some progression in reward value, not to mention that Epic quest rewards should (IMO) be better than rewards from any other similar-level non-epic quests.

For example:

As a reward from Book 14 I am offered: [item]Laerdan's Quill[/item]
    But back in Book 11, I already got: [Item]Goblin-town_Gem[/item]

Of course which you choose *might* be a matter of preference, but I think the older item is clearly superior, and I've already had it for 2 levels.

Another example:

At the culmination of Book 12, I was offered [Armour]Elrond's Exquisite Cloak[/Armour], which is both beautiful to look at and has excellent stats.

Then, in book 14, Golodir offers you [Armour]Golodir's Wrap[/Armour], which, while nice looking, certainly can't touch the stats on Elrond's cloak.

Of course, I wouldn't expect something from Golodir to beat Elrond's similar offering, so why are we even offered a similar item? How about something else.

These are just two examples, but in both cases (and others I don't specifically recall) I can't imagine anyone trading in the older item for the newer one, so the reward feels lame. I'd rather get a nice stack of consumables, or a really big rep bonus, or... I don't know. Something I might actually be able to use.

Any chance of a rewards revamp?
    Last edited by JoeJones; Mar 04 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Re: Epic Quest Item rewards

These items just aren't that important anymore, since you can craft stuff that is a lot better, for the most part. Doesn't really bother me if they don't revamp something I would plan on throwing away in 3-5 levels anyway.

Well not everyone has easy access to crafted items like you and I... but even so, it's just one of those story-related things that would help with the immersion of the Epic plot if they gave a better sense of progression.

Different classes and different builds will need different items. Not all of the seemingly better quest rewards are actually better. I've run a few characters through the epic quests your speaking of and while some of the items are great for one class, they aren't necessarily very good for another class. There are so many factors that there is never any one certain great item.

Quote Originally Posted by DrnknElf View Post
    Different classes and different builds will need different items. Not all of the seemingly better quest rewards are actually better. I've run a few characters through the epic quests your speaking of and while some of the items are great for one class, they aren't necessarily very good for another class. There are so many factors that there is never any one certain great item.
    This is certainly true, and I only linked the items I had chosen, but the quests offered multiple rewards for different classes. In many cases, the equivalent class item isn't as good as one or more previously offered rewards bearing the same or similar bonuses.