We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you! Aaah!
    Posts
    2,129

    Lost Blog Posts From Archive (Is This Something You Can Fix, Duwis?)

    I see Duwis heroically fixing things like crazy in another thread, so I'll toss this up here in hopes of a fix too. When the new site was implemented, all of my older blog posts vanished; I assumed that they were deleted, but no, they still exist on the RSS feed! Apparently my blog has somehow become disassociated from itself?

    My blog: http://my.lotro.com/user-114195/

    My feed: http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/feed/

    I notice that the feed has my username, while the blog has just an ID number, I'm wondering if that could be part of the issue?

    In any case, I submitted a ticket about this, but never got so much as a peep back. I've been copying-and-pasting old entries I want to save to my personal blog at gneech.com, but I don't want to also have to copy and paste them back to the Lotro page if it's not needed. Obviously, the posts are still there on the server somewhere, my blog just needs to have its brain fixed!

    As I say, I submitted a ticket, no response, so I'm going to try posting here. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

    -The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

  2. #2
    Duwis's Avatar
    Duwis is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    816

    Re: Lost Blog Posts From Archive (Is This Something You Can Fix, Duwis?)

    Quote Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
    I see Duwis heroically fixing things like crazy in another thread, so I'll toss this up here in hopes of a fix too. When the new site was implemented, all of my older blog posts vanished; I assumed that they were deleted, but no, they still exist on the RSS feed! Apparently my blog has somehow become disassociated from itself?
    You've come to the right place.

    First, the good news... Your blog posts are intact and can be reconnected to you. Now, the less than good but not entirely horrible news... to reconnect them to you, you'll lose the few posts (and possibly images) you have up now.

    Looking at your current page, I don't think you would have much to lose or backup/restore. Drop me a reply here or a PM and let me know if/when you are ready to be super connected again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you! Aaah!
    Posts
    2,129

    Thumbs up Re: Lost Blog Posts From Archive (Is This Something You Can Fix, Duwis?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Duwis View Post
    You've come to the right place.

    First, the good news... Your blog posts are intact and can be reconnected to you. Now, the less than good but not entirely horrible news... to reconnect them to you, you'll lose the few posts (and possibly images) you have up now.

    Looking at your current page, I don't think you would have much to lose or backup/restore. Drop me a reply here or a PM and let me know if/when you are ready to be super connected again.
    Hurrah! Go for it, and thanks! I'll repost the recent ones (or at least, the recent ones worth saving) when it's all reconnected.

    -The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

  4. #4
    Duwis's Avatar
    Duwis is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    816

    Re: Lost Blog Posts From Archive (Is This Something You Can Fix, Duwis?)

    Quote Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
    Hurrah! Go for it, and thanks! I'll repost the recent ones (or at least, the recent ones worth saving) when it's all reconnected.

    -The Gneech
    OK, you should be all set now; if not, you know where to find me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Right behind you! Aaah!
    Posts
    2,129

    Re: Lost Blog Posts From Archive (Is This Something You Can Fix, Duwis?)

    Hurrah! Thank you much!

    -The Gneech
    [I]Premium content since 2010.[/I]
    [url=http://www.valarguild.org]Valar Guild: Lore Monkeys and Proud of It[/url]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/thegneech/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001149ed/01005/signature.png]Honorary Shirriff Maedhroc Thornhollow[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://www.gneech.com]Gneech.com[/url] - My writing, comics, and art.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload