We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Some of the prizes in the lottery are not making sense.

I don't win the lottery often, but I enter every day. I won some Anniversary tokens the day after the gift giver was removed from the game. What's the point?

I just entered again, and one of the prizes for the level 51 to 65 category, is a level 40 food, superior lembas. While I love the lembas for my toons while in their 40s, they are not appropriate for the 51 to 65 levels. What's the point?

Re: Some of the prizes in the lottery are not making sense.

I got a tome I could not use. But I was able to sell it for 10g.

I got something I have never seen before: bandages. they remove falling damage and make you immune to falling damage for 60min. You can still die from falling. They should put bandages in the lotro store i would buy them.
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindolvoth View Post
    I got a tome I could not use. But I was able to sell it for 10g.

I got something I have never seen before: bandages. they remove falling damage and make you immune to falling damage for 60min. You can still die from falling. They should put bandages in the lotro store i would buy them.
    I think those were introduced as a store item. I haven't checked recently, but they should be available.

As for the main topic, I agree that the lotteries are kinda hit and miss. Some of the prize sets are great (especially the ones with TP *nudge nudge @ Turbine*), but there are definitely weeks without anything good. Seems a little strange to have the value of the prizes be random in addition to winning being random.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalthir View Post
    I think those were introduced as a store item. I haven't checked recently, but they should be available.

As for the main topic, I agree that the lotteries are kinda hit and miss. Some of the prize sets are great (especially the ones with TP *nudge nudge @ Turbine*), but there are definitely weeks without anything good. Seems a little strange to have the value of the prizes be random in addition to winning being random.
    They are in the store.

*whispers to turbine: more of those tome would nice.*
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that in spite of all the grousing, you all entered the lotteries anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonyx View Post
    I'm just guessing, but I suspect that in spite of all the grousing, you all entered the lotteries anyway.
    Because it's a lot easier to click the button to enter all, then it is to go through and click to enter each... <.<
    I'm an expert - look at my join date, bro.

Agreed -- my warden won several Tomes of Revival. Wardens are undefeatable, so that's the point?

Daily lotteries? Seems like there are only 2 draws a week to me. Weekend and a middle of the week one.

Quote Originally Posted by probitas View Post
    Daily lotteries? Seems like there are only 2 draws a week to me. Weekend and a middle of the week one.
    Three regular lotteries: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. There are also occasional special lotteries.

LOL... I enter everyday and still haven't won yet...
    Gotta be grateful for watcha get sometimes I guess. *shrug*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b671a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nanwin View Post
    I don't win the lottery often, but I enter every day. I won some Anniversary tokens the day after the gift giver was removed from the game. What's the point?
    With the new barter wallet storing them, you have a bit of a head start for the next anniversary event without losing any bag/vault space. Winning...

I just entered again, and one of the prizes for the level 51 to 65 category, is a level 40 food, superior lembas. While I love the lembas for my toons while in their 40s, they are not appropriate for the 51 to 65 levels. What's the point?
    Free stuff is free... 'nuff said.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000a78b7/01006/signature.png]Millenial[/charsig][/CENTER]

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth....

It's FREE to enter. They give you stuff if you win. Why are you complaining?

BTW your level 65 can use level 40 food and still get good benefits. It is not that gimp.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

My level 14 Cook won a Heritage Rune in December or January. He's now level 16...

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth....

It's FREE to enter. They give you stuff if you win. Why are you complaining?

BTW your level 65 can use level 40 food and still get good benefits. It is not that gimp.

This, in a nut shell. They are free. As one person noted, sometimes they introduce you to new items you've never seen before. Other times they're incredibly awesome with things that might take you a huge amount of time and effort to earn in game. Sometimes they're just run of the mill stuff.

A bit like real lotteries. You don't win a $300 million powerball every day do you? Sometimes you're lucky to win a buck.

I think what's clear is that in the past the lotteries were probably far too generous.

I've moved this where it belongs, in the lottery feedback forum.
    Last edited by Sapience; Mar 03 2011 at 11:04 AM.