We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ver 1.21

Ver 1.21 just fixes the upgrade bug in ver 1.20

Ver 1.22

The big news with ver. 1.22 is the new global search. This search will find any location from the default data on any map. It does NOT currently include custom annotations but that is slated for a future update. This is basically the same global search that was implemented for TerrainMap. I didn't have much time to come up with a unique icon so I left the old search button as a silver magnifying glass and made a new button with a gold magnifying glass next to it for the global search. If this proves too confusing I may spend the time to make a unique icon at some point.

MoorMap now includes Whiteberry's Deed Maps as Overlays. If a map has an overlay available, there will be a "Select Overlay" message at the top of the map display. Hover over the "Select Overlay" message to display a list of available overlays and click the checkbox next to the "Berry's Deed Data" entry. The deed locations for that map will be displayed along with a legend window that shows the deeds. Expand a deed in the legend to see the various deed components. If you are having trouble finding a deed on the map, you can click on any entry in the legend to activate a "ping" on the map at the location of the deed marker. You may want to use the filter window to clear all of the default annotations when using the deed overlay.

Note, each map's overlays are separate so you have to enable/disable the deed overlay on each map.

Version 1.23 also now includes the Western Rohan maps and default data.

Ver 1.24 contains a couple small but significant bug fixes. First, a bug that prevented searching Western Rohan zones was squashed. Second, a work around was added for a bug with Turbine's GetCommand that could cause the search to hang if multiple plugins were loaded at the same time, particularly MoorMap and TerrainMap. Note, if you also use TerrainMap, it was also updated to account for this bug and you should update that as well.

Ver 1.26 now available
    Added Nan Curunir (flooded) and Entwood maps and default data for U13

Version 1.27 adds the Western Gondor maps (Paths of the Dead, Blackrootvale, Lamedon, Havens of Belfalas and Dol Amroth) and the Dead Marshes map and default data.

The in-game map hierarchy in Gondor is inconsistent with the other regions in that there is no "Gondor" map tier with a "Western Gondor" map below it - I believe that when Turbine releases Eastern Gondor they will add such an overview map so I have accounted for this by duplicating the Western Gondor map as a placeholder for the overview. So, the duplicate maps of "Gondor" and "Western Gondor" is not a bug in the plugin, rather a placeholder for an anticipated hierarchy change in the future.

This version also includes a custom .jpg image for the Eaves of Fangorn map since Turbine still has not fixed the in-game resource image (the resource for Eaves of Fangorn somehow got replaced with the wrong image).

I have had some trouble getting the Turbine Launcher to correctly swap to the DE/FR clients (Akamai keeps crashing) so I have not been able to test the DE/FR maps.

Garan,
    I love this idea - think I might have used it long ago when I played too. But cannot get it to load. Think I unzipped it right (see below) - actually tried it in both GARAN & PLUGINS. But refreshing (& reloading) never shows any available plugins.
    Thanks,

[QUOTE=Garan;5256044]NOT JUST FOR THE 'MOORS ANYMORE!

[SNIP]
    Installation
    Just download the Zip file and unzip it to your Plugins folder. There are no dependancies on any outside files.

Usage
    To load the map, use "/plugins load moormap".
    NOTE: If using a plugin manager to load "MoorMap", do NOT load "MoorMapDefaults", "MoorMapLoader" or "MoorMapTerminator". They are launched by the plugin itself as needed and loading them automatically will cause undesirable things to happen.
    [SNIP]
    Making Ered Luin safe since 2008 TA.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/COIkOD8.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SlipStrike View Post
    Garan,
    I love this idea - think I might have used it long ago when I played too. But cannot get it to load. Think I unzipped it right (see below) - actually tried it in both GARAN & PLUGINS. But refreshing (& reloading) never shows any available plugins.
    I am running into the same issue. I downloaded the plugin through Plugin Compendium - and despite my efforts, LoTRO won't recognize the MoorMap plugin.
    "It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." - Strider

End-Game Content according to Tolkien: Frodo sails into the West.

SlipStrike, going by the pictures you've posted you have extracted the plugins to your LOTRO Steam folder in the browser/plugins section and not your "C:\Users\YourUsername\Documen ts\Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins" folder.

Did you just do a search for the 'plugins' folder and end up in the wrong spot or something?

LOTRO Plugin stuff ends up in the following folders:

Code:
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins   <=- Plugins go here
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\ui
    The PluginData is where plugins save any data they need (for each character/server) and the ui folder is where you can put new skins for the User Interface in LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestones View Post
    I am running into the same issue. I downloaded the plugin through Plugin Compendium - and despite my efforts, LoTRO won't recognize the MoorMap plugin.
    What do you see in the LOTRO chat window when you type the following:

/plugins refresh

?
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Garan,
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    NOT JUST FOR THE 'MOORS ANYMORE!

[SNIP]
    Installation
    Just download the Zip file and unzip it to your Plugins folder. There are no dependancies on any outside files.

Usage
    To load the map, use "/plugins load moormap".
    NOTE: If using a plugin manager to load "MoorMap", do NOT load "MoorMapDefaults", "MoorMapLoader" or "MoorMapTerminator". They are launched by the plugin itself as needed and loading them automatically will cause undesirable things to happen.
    [SNIP]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    SlipStrike, going by the pictures you've posted you have extracted the plugins to your LOTRO Steam folder in the browser/plugins section and not your "C:\Users\YourUsername\Documen ts\Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins" folder.

Did you just do a search for the 'plugins' folder and end up in the wrong spot or something?

LOTRO Plugin stuff ends up in the following folders:

Code:
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins   <=- Plugins go here
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Lord of the Rings Online\ui
    The PluginData is where plugins save any data they need (for each character/server) and the ui folder is where you can put new skins for the User Interface in LOTRO.
    Exactly as ChromiteSwiftpaw already noted, according to your screenshots you have extracted the files to the wrong folder. You need to extract them to your "documents\Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins" folder where "documents" is your My Documents folder (the root location of this folder can vary slightly based on your operating system). Note, when in doubt, it is often easiest to download and unzip using LunarWater's Plugin Compendium which is available for PC and Mac/Linux (be sure to get the correct version for your OS):
    PC version:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=663

Mac/Linux version:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mMacLinux.html

Have you successfully downloaded any other plugins via Plugin Compendium or is this the only plugin you have tried? I suspect that the issue may be with your installation of Plugin Compendium. Did you make sure you installed the correct Plugin Compendium for your OS?

Garan, I did not use an installer; these are the first (at least for this game installation).
    I assume it's the reading-comprehension point that the other posters noted: I put these into the Steam folder, not the one indicated. (I'll blame it on the fact that I shunted this Steam install to my D: drive, so when I saw the C: in the instructions, I stopped reading the rest....)
    If it's not this, I will follow up. Thanks, everyone.

Have you successfully downloaded any other plugins via Plugin Compendium or is this the only plugin you have tried? I suspect that the issue may be with your installation of Plugin Compendium. Did you make sure you installed the correct Plugin Compendium for your OS?

It worked. My directory structure is non-standard (a consequence of moving it to the D drive but the "Users\YourUsername\Documents\ Lord of the Rings Online\" information was enough to get me there.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    [snip]

Okay, it looks like the Plugins Compendium didn't like the fact that there was already a folder named 'GaranStuff' - which included the Terrain Map plugin (which I really couldn't get to work right) so it was nesting folders within folders. I deleted the folder in my Plugins folder, and reinstalled MoorMap - and now it works very nicely. Thanks again!
    "It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." - Strider

End-Game Content according to Tolkien: Frodo sails into the West.

Okay, it looks like the Plugins Compendium didn't like the fact that there was already a folder named 'GaranStuff' - which included the Terrain Map plugin (which I really couldn't get to work right) so it was nesting folders within folders. I deleted the folder in my Plugins folder, and reinstalled MoorMap - and now it works very nicely. Thanks again!
    Glad to hear it is now working for you but Plugin Compendium should have downloaded and extracted MoorMap just fine with TerrainMap already in the GaranStuff folder. The "author name" folder is used to organize multiple plugins by the same author - I have 34 plugins in my GaranStuff folder (not all published). If you could provide a bit more information it might help me or LunarWater to figure out where the process went wrong. Which version of Plugin Compendium were you using, PC or Mac/Linux? Which operating system are you using?

It worked. My directory structure is non-standard (a consequence of moving it to the D drive but the "Users\YourUsername\Documents\ Lord of the Rings Online\" information was enough to get me there.
    Thanks,
    Glad to hear it was just the directory issue.

Far Anorien added

Ver 1.31 with U18 maps and data is now available

Major revamp of Default data processing. No more processing screen. Much faster initial load after updates. Slight (very slight) performance increase when changing maps.
    Fixed bug in global search handling certain special characters
    Fixed bug in Reload Defaults that could fail to fix missing overlays
    Removed the "MoorMapDefaults.plugin" and "MoorMapTerminator.plugin" definition files from the zip package - these files are no longer used and can be manually deleted from existing installations
    Removed the "Terminator.lua" source file from the zip package - this file is no longer used and can be manually deleted from existing installations
    Added Custom Annotations to global Search in response to request by fade2gray @ lotrointerface.com. Added radio buttons to select search type, "Default","Custom" or "Both". Note, this may have a slight performance impact on slower/older machines as the search has to load its child plugin for every map now instead of just once per search but once the search is complete, the resources should all be released so there should be no permanent increase in resource usage.
    Major behind the scenes update to filters to allow future additional annotation/filter types and some other customization options...
    Added a distinct icon (blue flag instead of red flag) and separate filter for Custom PoIs in response to request by fade2gray @ lotrointerface.com - I didn't add a separate filter for Custom NPCs as there are far fewer NPCs and less issue with distinguishing them
    Added Icon Maintenance for assigning custom icons for annotations. Now you can replace the default icons with your own images, simply copy an appropriately sized (32x32 for normal/hover icons, 16x16 for small icons) .jpg or .tga file to the Resources folder, right click the annotation type in the Filter panel to open the Icon Maintenance window and enter the file name (without path) for the icon you wish to use and click Save. Each annotation has three icons, Normal, Hover and Small (used in the Filter Panel). If you want to restore the default icon, simply click Reset Default on the Icon Maintenance Window. You can use other sizes than 32x32 and 16x16 but they will be cropped/tiled when displayed. Note, you can also use built-in resources if you know the resource ID, just enter the number instead of a file name.
    Fixed the PoIs for the History of the Dunedain deed (reported by Thiok and fade2gray)
    Added Default data for U18

Whiteberry's Deeds

I've just landed in Rohan and noticed that the deed overlays are no longer available. Did she layoff making them?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    I've just landed in Rohan and noticed that the deed overlays are no longer available. Did she layoff making them?
    Sadly, yes, Whiteberry retired from making deed guides. If anyone else wants to pick up where she left off, it's fairly easy to make overlays, the hard work is tracking down and recording all the info and then double and even triple checking it for accuracy. I simply don't have the time which is why it was so great to be able to convert Whiteberry's deed data to overlays.

Ver 1.32 is now available with a couple minor bug fixes and MORDOR

Ver 1.32 is now available with a couple minor bug fixes and MORDOR
    Just downloaded and have a bit of a problem. Left feedback on lotrointerface. Can't find maps for North Ithilien or Belfalas housing area. Just get Ettenmoors map.

Ver 1.33 addresses the update bug reported by Altair6.

Note, you only need to install 1.33 if you are affected by the update bug and 1.32 doesn't work correctly (Mordor maps not showing).

Red face First things first

Sadly, yes, Whiteberry retired from making deed guides. If anyone else wants to pick up where she left off, it's fairly easy to make overlays, the hard work is tracking down and recording all the info and then double and even triple checking it for accuracy. I simply don't have the time which is why it was so great to be able to convert Whiteberry's deed data to overlays.
    Hello there, Garan, you dont know me, but im a happy just-a-few-months-playing-the-game-and-already-loving-it guy

So far i was totally used to use Berrys maps back there on toarda .. and simply... theyre gone. VERY SAD to find out on lotro players, that she moved to new endeavours, and ALL THAT MARVELOUS and HELPFUL guides were off.

Back on my new 'and now what' situation of looking other ones deed locations maps i could believe, ive heard of you.

So, NEVER used plugins on lotro, and YOURS are the one im planning to. Not because ill be able to put 'my thoughts' on my maps (lol) ... but to finally find Toardas maps again, integrated to your moormap plugin.

That being said, thanks for it .. and could you please tell me if im thinking correctly? i mean, if ill find those maps integrated with moormap?

Its a simple question, cus i dont have 'the whole picture' of what ill get when install the moormap..

Sorry and thanks!!

Hope you answer, as you might be a busy guy..

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno_Lotro View Post
    Hello there, Garan, you dont know me, but im a happy just-a-few-months-playing-the-game-and-already-loving-it guy

So far i was totally used to use Berrys maps back there on toarda .. and simply... theyre gone. VERY SAD to find out on lotro players, that she moved to new endeavours, and ALL THAT MARVELOUS and HELPFUL guides were off.

Back on my new 'and now what' situation of looking other ones deed locations maps i could believe, ive heard of you.

So, NEVER used plugins on lotro, and YOURS are the one im planning to. Not because ill be able to put 'my thoughts' on my maps (lol) ... but to finally find Toardas maps again, integrated to your moormap plugin.

That being said, thanks for it .. and could you please tell me if im thinking correctly? i mean, if ill find those maps integrated with moormap?

Its a simple question, cus i dont have 'the whole picture' of what ill get when install the moormap..

Sorry and thanks!!

Hope you answer, as you might be a busy guy..
    Hi Bruno and welcome to the wonderful world of Plugins.

Yes, you will find all of Whiteberry's Deed maps available in MoorMap, implemented as Overlays. An Overlay is an optional transparency that can be displayed or hidden for each map. When an Overlay is available for a map (not all maps have Overlays already defined but users can add their own too) the Select Overlay message will appear on the top right of the map and the user can click on it to display a list of Overlays for that map. Simply check the Overlay(s) that you want displayed and they will appear (or uncheck them and they will disappear). Since Whiteberry's Deed maps also have a legend, there is a floating legend window that displays when a Whiteberry's Overlay is displayed. The legend window can be moved by grabbing the "Berry's Deed Maps" title with the mouse and dragging it. The legend initially displays as a collapsed list of deed names. Expanding the list will show the names and coordinates of each element of the deed. Clicking on a deed element will place a "ping" (a repetitively expanding red circle) on the map at it's location (click on the ping to make it disappear).

For example, a screenshot of MoorMap with the Angmar map showing the Whiteberry's Deed Data Overlay:

One last note, for those not familiar with Plugins, I usually recommend installing them with Lunarwater's Compendium application, it eliminates most installation problems and makes keeping track of updates much easier as well.

PC version
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

Mac/Linux version
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...mMacLinux.html
    Last edited by Garan; Dec 16 2016 at 06:05 PM.

Thumbs up

Hi Bruno and welcome to the wonderful world of Plugins.
    Thanks! ill try not to be too overwhelmed by the fact that ill be able to add lots of additional info, lol.

Yes, you will find all of Whiteberry's Deed maps available in MoorMap, implemented as Overlays.
    Thank you very much, again, for keeping this info!

One last note, for those not familiar with Plugins, I usually recommend installing them with Lunarwater's Compendium application, it eliminates most installation problems and makes keeping track of updates much easier as well.

PC version
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html
    Ok then, man .. from here, ill have to say some things :

- Thanks for answering! i was not sure if ud see this msg of mine..
    - Thank you very much for 'opening this door' to me
    - Ill sure now install moormap
    - Ill follow your suggestion, and install compendium also, even planning not to have lots of plugins..

Cya around man!

Bruno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast