We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

aged scraps of text

i have been trying to find aged scraps of text for the scholar, people say to farm the nodes in the barrows. WHAT does farm the nodes mean??????!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: aged scraps of text

Quote Originally Posted by lisa585 View Post
    i have been trying to find aged scraps of text for the scholar, people say to farm the nodes in the barrows. WHAT does farm the nodes mean??????!!!!!!!!!!!
    a 'node' is something u walk up to and click on to harvest resources. they disappear after you harvest them. you should have a tracking skill that lets you track scholar resources [nodes] on the map: use it! ... all the time!

Click here to go to an excellent guide for all things scholar. it isnt up to date with the latest game updates but its close enough for the basics and includes some locations for finding the nodes you will need.

for tier 1 materials the midgewater marshes east of bree are a good place there are a bunch of nodes that spawn between the midgewater fort and the forest to the NWN. for journeyman tier, i like to go to the fort south of bree and the barrow downs occupied by brigands. there are quite a few nodes that spawn in a tight area and the brigands will drop journeyman scholar bits too. for Expert tier, my favorite spot is the half orc fort west of Ost Goruth in the Lone Lands. the mobs are conveniently low level...

at this point i dont think i have said anything that isn't in the guide made by DarkkHero... so ill just post the link again and leave ya to it! good luck and enjoy your scholar!

Resource nodes are the objects who contain mats for the professions. The extraction of these mats is called farming. In the case of aged scraps of text, they are a tier 1 mat and can be found in nodes named Shattered Pitcher, but the barrows are a tier 2 area, not 1 (try the ruins in Chetwood and Midgewater Marsh)

I normally go to the Barrows to collect some cash quickly and I run into these a LOT! Almost every barrow-wight in the barrows has one. If you ever need any help you can PM and I can collect them for you ( if we are on the same server ).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000172a05/signature.png]Amdur[/charsig]
    Can you tell I hate the farmer crafting profession?--^
    Wingol - Warden - Vilya - L32
    Gilhath - RNK - Vilya - L11
    Helglas - Captain - Vilya - L8

Cool Re: aged scraps of text

thanx for the help! i was wondering what was up, i thought the nodes were the vases and things but im not skilled enough to use the broken vases, now i know i gotta go to the shattered ones! this was a BIG help!