We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: The Great Crickhollow Raid and Elder Game Instace Progression List

I think you got it all wrong, so i'll just put it short to prevent any misreading. English is not my main language, so bear with me:

- We've never grouped with Knights of Cool, so we could have never taught you anything. Your victories are your own.

- We've actively grouped with Of the Relic. Even before the where Of the Relic.

- Lusitanius stopped all raiding activity 3 months ago, right after we cleared OD. We are retired as a raiding kinship.

- My post was referring to a long past of the server, when no raids where happening, not even Turtle. I was explaining how this thread came to be, as you asked.

- Lusitanius and Larry/Crickelite started raiding much before any Kins where actively raiding on this server. As such, we didn't keep the knowledge to ourselves but we tried to share it as much as we (Lusitanius, Larry and Crickelite) could. If you feel this was condescending, my apologies, but it was not intended. I'm sure Erlessa, Feathil, Raveneye and even your own Venthan and Ewie can confirm this.

- It is usual practice from the LOTRO community to prove server firsts with videos or screenshots. It's up to you to comply, there are no prizes here. That's what a healthy competition is about.

- I'm still trying to understand where this animosity came from, i don't think i was ever rude to anyone, specially to KoC has you have pointed out our interaction is minimum.

- It seems this thread as brought me nothing more than trouble and snarky remarks and, as such, I'll stop updating it effective immediately.

Good luck to you all on your future endeavors and push your limits.

Razor
    Last edited by Galahadur; Jul 05 2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Grammar Check
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Regarding the rudeness and condescension. Posting and promoting you successes and achievements is fine, I have no issue with that (Ewie is especially fond of doing so, as evidenced by this thread). However, there was an incident or two, admittedly some time ago back when Lusitanius was raiding, when some snide comments were made by members of your group as we were attempting to form raids and grabbing 1 or 2 pugs to fill out the group. Essentially to the effect of... "Wow, I didn't realize you guys were good enough to attempt XXXX." This is of what I speak. As I understand it, it cause a bit of a tiff between some in your raid group and one of your tanks who apparently stood up for us (props and our thanks to him).

But as you said, English is not your first language (which should not come as a surprise given the name of your kin). If we misunderstood your context and/or made any incorrect assumptions of your implications, I am sorry for that. We have several internationals in our raid group(s). And while everyone speaks English, there are times where we have to restate things for obvious language barrier reasons. Once again, please accept my apology for any misinterpretation (i.e. the tone of your screenshot/proof request and possibly the paraphrased comment above. Also, I wasn't actually looking for the historical review of the thread, and probably also due to a language misunderstanding, I did not interpret it that way. My apologies for that as well).

It is not my intention to push you away from this thread or anything, so please don't take it as such. It just seemed, from my and my wife's, Freia's, perspective, that an inaccurate portrayal of events was being presented. Believe it or not, I do generally try to see and assume the best of people, not the worse (I'm sure many in my group can attest to that). I really do see and understand the value of healthy, friendly, competition. Thank you for doing your part to promote it here. And thank you for setting the record straight. So please don't go away on my account, I barely come on here anyway (or at least post anything, as you can see from my post count).

-TheAppy
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000009684/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149744687610107524]Apward[/url] - [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149745787122141541]Apgash[/url] - And several other char's starting with "Ap" not worry of mention

Moria and Loth Instances: For Paragon as far as I know....

Forges
    Grandstairs (HM as well)
    Paragon and Friends (random pug ppl) for Filikul

In there Absence
    NCF T2 (Challenge Completed)
    ShTh T2 (Challenge Completed)
    LT T1

That's pretty much I'll i know we've done... most of the time we just pug it up... thinking I'm gonna start making events for our kin again.... kinda stopped cuz a lot of our non-65's wanted us to level =/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002304b/signature.png]Tsubaka[/charsig]
    Read [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1189377/]Tsubaka's Tale[/url] now and enjoy laughter and suspense (Current Chapters - 3)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAppy View Post
    Regarding the rudeness and condescension. Posting and promoting you successes and achievements is fine, I have no issue with that (Ewie is especially fond of doing so, as evidenced by this thread). However, there was an incident or two, admittedly some time ago back when Lusitanius was raiding, when some snide comments were made by members of your group as we were attempting to form raids and grabbing 1 or 2 pugs to fill out the group. Essentially to the effect of... "Wow, I didn't realize you guys were good enough to attempt XXXX." This is of what I speak. As I understand it, it cause a bit of a tiff between some in your raid group and one of your tanks who apparently stood up for us (props and our thanks to him).

But as you said, English is not your first language (which should not come as a surprise given the name of your kin). If we misunderstood your context and/or made any incorrect assumptions of your implications, I am sorry for that. We have several internationals in our raid group(s). And while everyone speaks English, there are times where we have to restate things for obvious language barrier reasons. Once again, please accept my apology for any misinterpretation (i.e. the tone of your screenshot/proof request and possibly the paraphrased comment above. Also, I wasn't actually looking for the historical review of the thread, and probably also due to a language misunderstanding, I did not interpret it that way. My apologies for that as well).

It is not my intention to push you away from this thread or anything, so please don't take it as such. It just seemed, from my and my wife's, Freia's, perspective, that an inaccurate portrayal of events was being presented. Believe it or not, I do generally try to see and assume the best of people, not the worse (I'm sure many in my group can attest to that). I really do see and understand the value of healthy, friendly, competition. Thank you for doing your part to promote it here. And thank you for setting the record straight. So please don't go away on my account, I barely come on here anyway (or at least post anything, as you can see from my post count).

-TheAppy
    App, i've sent you a PM so we can discuss this issue in private. No need to derail this thread even further.

Razor.

Last night we finished OD Disease in T2. We lost the challenge on one wave when the trees where at 10k before we nailed them. :-(

Group Makeup:
    Guardians: Blinx from Mellon en Mellonamin Society and Theobrend from Riders of Ravencrest
    Hunters: Razortip and Exz from Lusitanius
    Captains: Bagelwyn from Mellon en Mellonamin Society and Sangradar from Slaughter house
    Lore-Masters: Rastorn and Disenchanted from Mellon en Mellonamin Society
    Champion: Chupacabra from Lusitanius
    Rune-Keeper: Kallia from Mellon en Mellonamin Society
    Minstrels: Edheluyn from Lusitanius and Bloin from Mellon en Mellonamin Society

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    Last night we finished OD Disease in T2. We lost the challenge on one wave when the trees where at 10k before we nailed them. :-(

Group Makeup:
    Guardians: Blinx from Mellon en Mellonamin Society and Theobrend from Riders of Ravencrest
    Hunters: Razortip and Exz from Lusitanius
    Captains: Bagelwyn from Mellon en Mellonamin Society and Sangradar from Slaughter house
    Lore-Masters: Rastorn and Disenchanted from Mellon en Mellonamin Society
    Champion: Chupacabra from Lusitanius
    Rune-Keeper: Kallia from Mellon en Mellonamin Society
    Minstrels: Edheluyn from Lusitanius and Bloin from Mellon en Mellonamin Society

Congratulations to all! That was an awsome victory.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001cb94/signature.png]Chupacabra[/charsig]

gz kids"!!

now you can try poison wing 6man
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Quote Originally Posted by -Chupacabra- View Post
    Congratulations to all! That was an awsome victory.
    It was a pleasure to run with all of you.
    -player of Sangradar
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000026e8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

ok Knights of cool and friends have cleared

Yesterday just after the previous group = Disease T2. = No challenge.

And we just Cleared Poison T2 - no challenge

Pics to follow
    Last edited by Ewie; Jul 10 2011 at 01:57 AM.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Guardian: Malgforeen, The Knights of Cool
    Burglars: Ewie, The Knights of Cool; Bailey, Gur Galad
    Loremaster: Venthan, The Knights of Cool
    Captains: Apward, The Knights of Cool; Farriel, Gur Galad
    Champions: Spyra, The Sixth House; Raveneye, Of the Relic
    Hunter: Ferthcott, Second Breakfast
    Runekeepers: Lofarr, Of the Relic, Wonderr, The Knights of Cool
    Minstrel: Freia, The Knights of Cool

Cool Re: The Great Crickhollow Raid and Elder Game Instace Progression List

Quote Originally Posted by Ewie View Post
    Yesterday just after the previous group = Disease T2. = No challenge.
    Now that's what I call competition!

Someone from our group did mention that another raid was attempting it at the same time. Glad we beat you!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000026e8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hello all

Second Breakfast and friends completed Thorog today - OK , it's a lvl 50 raid, but it's a 24 man, and all 24 had to be qualified, having done all 3 Hele wings - so it's not that simple to put together. We did it with no wipes, but an awful lot of lag. Many thanks to all who were there - pics to come later when I've airbrushed myself into beauty

Many thanks to all who came along for your good humour, positive attitudes, tolerance, consideration for others, and all round niceness It was a hoot!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001db9f/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendomel View Post
    Second Breakfast and friends completed Thorog today - OK , it's a lvl 50 raid, but it's a 24 man, and all 24 had to be qualified, having done all 3 Hele wings - so it's not that simple to put together.
    Congratulations on a fun and successful run!

On a f2p server that averages less then 150 people on glff it is not easy getting 24 people that have access to the content, have the 3 flagging instances done, have the equipment and are able to listen (with skill and knowledge) together to do anything. That most were there their first time, and that he was taken down on the first try with no wipes, is commendable.

Second Breakfast rocks! I look forward to reading your kin's further raiding conquests.

Paragon and a friend comleted Dark Delving (no challenge sadly we got the gust thingy to high)

Straego - Tank
    Tarjadan - DPS
    Cherwyn - Heal
    Lamilo (friend) - DPS
    Tsubaka - Shadow Defence provider and wound healer and DPS
    Evilmit - DPS/AoE/Stuns
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002304b/signature.png]Tsubaka[/charsig]
    Read [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1189377/]Tsubaka's Tale[/url] now and enjoy laughter and suspense (Current Chapters - 3)

Ahhh wish I was there for the t2 stuff but I'm assuming I will get the full run through when I get back!!!!
    Happy holiday all and ill be back soon!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000004e71/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool Re: The Great Crickhollow Raid and Elder Game Instace Progression List

Knights of Cool and Friends beat OD T2 Disease on Challenge mode tonight.

The crew consisted of
    Guard: Malgforeen
    Champs: Raveneye, Erlessa
    Hunters: Ferthcott, Formeniel
    Rune-Keeper: Wonderr
    Minis: Jeenius, Freia
    Captains: Iriddian, Apward
    Burglar: Ewie
    Loremaster: Venthan

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000009684/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149744687610107524]Apward[/url] - [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149745787122141541]Apgash[/url] - And several other char's starting with "Ap" not worry of mention

Knights of Cool and Friends beat OD T2 Disease on Challenge mode tonight.

The crew consisted of
    Guard: Malgforeen
    Champs: Raveneye, Erlessa
    Hunters: Ferthcott, Formeniel
    Rune-Keeper: Wonderr
    Minis: Jeenius, Freia
    Captains: Iriddian, Apward
    Burglar: Ewie
    Loremaster: Venthan

What is that plugin you have that say "DMG, Taken, Heal, Power"?

And gratz.

Also ty to the Knights of Cool for letting me hop aboard the Watcher Killing Train, cuz now I can work on my Meta Dee.

Glad we could help you out Tsu!

The plugin is call Combat Analysis

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html

Just curious...

Did you have hunters range tank the trees, and could you tell me how you split the groups, Im guessing you had a champ rounding up adds in one group.

Thanks and grats,
    Tron

Nvm I see the group breakdown in SS, so you had two champs in one group grabbing adds... and mal in the other group on adds. Did the hunters/rk help with rounding up adds? This seems to be the part of the fight we are having the most trouble with is getting the adds rounded up between dps phases.
    Last edited by Tron79; Jul 15 2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Im a noob
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000044d2cf/signature.png]Tronsaw[/charsig]
    [B]Crickhollow[/B] Tron- r7 EZmode Champ Minitron-65 Minstrel, Spidertron r6 weaver
    [B]Brandywine[/B] Tronsaw r8 Freaver [B]TWKSL[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tron79 View Post
    Just curious...

Did you have hunters range tank the trees, and could you tell me how you split the groups, Im guessing you had a champ rounding up adds in one group.

Thanks and grats,
    Tron

Nvm I see the group breakdown in SS, so you had two champs in one group grabbing adds... and mal in the other group on adds. Did the hunters/rk help with rounding up adds? This seems to be the part of the fight we are having the most trouble with is getting the adds rounded up between dps phases.

The Hunters were range tanking the trees. The RK did not help pick up adds at all.

Champs+ captain were picking up adds in 2nd group.

We made it difficult for ourself s with the LM not CC the adds when we were in the transition and had to kite the adds around for the Captains Oath breakers to reset, We used oath-breakers after each set of adds to get additional dammage for the challenge. One of the hunters went down in the first face of the fight but was quickly picked up placing a bit more strain on one of the champs, which also was downed but we got it under controll, and was very even on killing the trees with first one group in front and then the next, After first set of adds we had the trees down to 90k on one side and 88k on Another. Burglar was on disable and FM duty on one group which took strain of the gaurd with the adds.

Was a very enjoyable experience , have been trying it for the last few weeks and almost had the t2 about a month ago but it took as a long time to get to the boss the first time on t2 and some of the players was getting tired (our european/india/south africa players). The hardest part of disease is the Road to the boss on T2 , we have not totally bedded down the last pull before the boss, but we are getting there. Think it would be a little bit easier with 2 LM for the road but then you would most likely suffer on DPS on Trees.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

@Tron: What Ewie said...

And yes, I agree with Ewie... While 2 LM's would make the last mob pull MUCH easier for us... we would definitely loose some DPS. And as we REALLY like our DPS, I don't see that happening for us. Possibly another burglar, but not a LM (MORE REVEAL WEAKNESS JOY!!! YEAH!!!!!).

And yes again, rounding up the adds is definitely the hardest part in the boss fight. Alternatively, if you are not going for challenge (and especially if you are on T1), you can always just flat out swap trees just before the adds spawn (but don't attack your new tree until the adds respawn and you've killed them). This was how we beat them the first time on T1...

Group 1, starts on left side, kills last add at the same time, DPS left tree. Add's about to respawn, move to right side (don't hit tree), kill newly spawned adds (at same time again), DPS right tree. Add's about to respawn, move to left side (don't hit... etc). Rinse and repeat, until trees die at about the same time. The hangup on this strat though are the tanks... it's best if they stay on the same tree (and consequently the same adds) otherwise aggro gets split and can more easily go onto healers. This is not the ideal strat, but if your trouble is pulling adds around, this avoids it. And it also doesn't work for T2 Challenge because sap color, by definition, gets swapped repeatedly.

@Tron: What Ewie said...

And yes, I agree with Ewie... While 2 LM's would make the last mob pull MUCH easier for us... we would definitely loose some DPS. And as we REALLY like our DPS, I don't see that happening for us. Possibly another burglar, but not a LM (MORE REVEAL WEAKNESS JOY!!! YEAH!!!!!).

And yes again, rounding up the adds is definitely the hardest part in the boss fight. Alternatively, if you are not going for challenge (and especially if you are on T1), you can always just flat out swap trees just before the adds spawn (but don't attack your new tree until the adds respawn and you've killed them). This was how we beat them the first time on T1...

Group 1, starts on left side, kills last add at the same time, DPS left tree. Add's about to respawn, move to right side (don't hit tree), kill newly spawned adds (at same time again), DPS right tree. Add's about to respawn, move to left side (don't hit... etc). Rinse and repeat, until trees die at about the same time. The hangup on this strat though are the tanks... it's best if they stay on the same tree (and consequently the same adds) otherwise aggro gets split and can more easily go onto healers. This is not the ideal strat, but if your trouble is pulling adds around, this avoids it. And it also doesn't work for T2 Challenge because sap color, by definition, gets swapped repeatedly.
    Reveal weakness is great... but Miss Chance, Minus Melee Damage, Increased Attack Duration, Lowered Critical Stats and don't forget tons of dps, this is what comes from a loremaster. Now onward Knights of Cool you must do Fear and Ivar Wing!!! go forth an use ADVENTURE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsubakainoue View Post
    Reveal weakness is great... but Miss Chance, Minus Melee Damage, Increased Attack Duration, Lowered Critical Stats and don't forget tons of dps, this is what comes from a loremaster.
    the best defense is a solid pewpew. it's science.
    Moose/Yomama

I blame Form.

If you see that your heals are lacking think about inviting a champion, cuz while LMs do the epic DPS we heal raids,...SOLO!

Medo's PuG group Completed T1 Disease Wing.

If anyone from the pug group can remember all names add them.

Guard: Medo, Galthirnir
    Hunters: Charlerean, Tops, Faedal
    RK: Amberoin, Savek
    Mini: Catla
    LM: Tsubaka
    Cappy: Farriel
    Champs: Iarwin and one other

As a said can't remember all the names unfortunately I did not write them down.
    Last edited by tsubakainoue; Jul 16 2011 at 11:53 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast