We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Server Population?

I am just coming back to this game and i am looking to start over so i am wondering if anyone could tell what the most populated server is, I use to be on Elendilmir but it seems to be quite dead no one on my friend list is active. So i would like to to restart.

I was going to base the population off of the post number but im not sure so if anyone could tell me what the biggest server is i would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Server Population?

Big E's population is still good. People are running around and I get into groups easy too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000020b823/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

tRieper,
    Since the F2P update last Fall, just about all the servers became populated again! The server of which I currently reside, Meneldor, is quite populated and busy during the peak hours. I live in Sicily, Italy and I have no problem finding a PuG or even a Kin-Made dungeon group on my Guardian or Warden, even with the strange 7 hour difference...

I have heard that Arkenstone, Imladris and Landroval all have steady populations!
    Overpower or Guardian's Threat... Which to tank with...

Brandywine server in the past has been on top of the pop list I think.

Be warned though, depending on your connection speed you may experience server side lag because of the numbers of people playing the game. (Mind you this doesn't affect many players as bad as others)

Well i have decided to completely start a new account so i have no reason to be on big E anymore since none of my friends play anymore, For the lag issue i have a constant 15 MBPS. on big e ill be in bree and im lucky to see one person walking around. So once again im asking for the most populated server as of now. So if anyone could help i would love you

there's this link to a german website that posts server usage and it uses some assumptions about average login time, plus something, something, something... to estimate server populations. I haven't researched this thing in depth but I think it's probably a reasonable general feel for the varying server populations.

Here's the link...

Here's another thread that explains it a bit more.

Hope this helps.
    [I][COLOR=#40e0d0]Slamfist of Landroval and Silverlode - Slamwise - Slamburger - Slamrat - and Joe[/COLOR][/I]
    [COLOR=#ffff00]< [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=351547"]a Hobbit's Tale[/URL]> < [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?313127"]Behold the Chinchillas![/URL] > [/COLOR]

From what i know is: Brandywine first and Landroval second with Elendimir
    Those are the most populated US servers of LOTRO
    Sam: “It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folks in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.”
    Frodo:“What are we holding on to, Sam?”
    Sam: “That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.”

The simple fact is that no one but Turbine knows server populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankanthegood View Post
    From what i know is: Brandywine first and Landroval second with Elendimir
    Those are the most populated US servers of LOTRO
    This was the case before F2P. Shortly after F2P Sapience posted saying that those assumptions were no longer valid and populations between servers had changed drastically. At the moment, we just don't know what populations are like.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar2007 View Post
    there's this link to a german website that posts server usage and it uses some assumptions about average login time, plus something, something, something... to estimate server populations. I haven't researched this thing in depth but I think it's probably a reasonable general feel for the varying server populations.

Here's the link...

Here's another thread that explains it a bit more.

Hope this helps.
    Here is a link to the English translated page via babel fish:
    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

Thanks for this post. Interesting.

Here is how I check, and you can always get a good idea.

-Go to the Social Panel, Fellowing tab
    -Erase anything in the filter
    -Click on 'All Classes', and then click it again to uncheck all classes
    -Select one class at a time
    -Use the level filter settings to narrow down the range you are looking at. You will need to do this if the results at the bottom return 100 since this is the max shown.

For example, I will put 65 in as the min filter level, which will show me all players 65-75.
    Do this comparison across servers and you will get an idea of populations.