We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary weapon

I'm a loremaster, level 40, and everybody is talking to me about legendary. Legendary this, legendary that. So I take it legendary weapons are a big deal.

How is a legendary weapon different from normal weapons? What's the best possible legendary weapon out there? What's the deal with the ages on the weapon?

Is the best possible weapon a first ager?

Re: Legendary weapon

For a start you can't get your first legendary weapon till level 45, so you have a little way to go.

Yes legendary weapons are useful, and it would pay you to ask online for a few people preferably LM's to show your theirs.

Till then take a look at http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legendary_Items_Guide

Have fun

oh and 2nd ages and 1st ages dont really become avialable till at least level 55, and more usually level 60
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001013b8/01001/signature.png]Joincee[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TopcatNZ View Post
    For a start you can't get your first legendary weapon till level 45, so you have a little way to go.

Yes legendary weapons are useful, and it would pay you to ask online for a few people preferably LM's to show your theirs.

Till then take a look at http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legendary_Items_Guide

Have fun

oh and 2nd ages and 1st ages dont really become avialable till at least level 55, and more usually level 60
    Ask Lore-Masters to show me their staves? *chuckle*

Thanks for the advice though. Does that mean that once I hit 60-65, if I want a first-age, I'll have to dump my old third-age?

What you do and won't want to do with the legendary items you have is up to you. Until you actually start getting into messing with legendary items, you're not really going to know what you're doing. Read up on all you want but much of it probably won't make sense until you actually start using them.

Outside of an ideal, there really is no perfect legendary item. What one person would consider the perfect item may be complete garbage for someone else. Most of it has to do with the legacies on the items and the skills those legacies affect.

As for First, Second and Third Age weapons, that's personal preference for the most part. The current First Age items probably aren't worth messing with as I believe they are level 59 and 60 only. A higher level Third Age or Second Age will likely be better. However, things will get changed around a bit after the next patch. New First Age items are going to be in the picture as well as some changes to the Legendary Item system. The changes aren't going to be huge, but there will be some differences to take into account. It's not worth going into that here, though, especially since not everything has been set in stone.

Third Age items are usually your bottom tier legendary items. Second Age items of the same level will have better stats. The legacies aren't likely to be any better, but other stats will be. First Ages I don't really know anything about as I haven't gotten one or messed with one. However, no one really seems to care much about them from what I've seen. As stated, since they currently top out at level 60, a level 65 Third Age should be better in some ways.

For my characters, I like to keep my eyes out for Second Age items. While the differences aren't generally big, there are some differences. A level 55 Second Age item is likely to be more like a level 56 Third Age item. For the most part, this probably doesn't matter until you reach level 65. Even then, it's not really going to make a huge difference. Still, Second Age items, everything else being equal, are better than Third Age.

With all of that in mind, it will be up to you to decide what you want and don't want to do. If you want to grind and ID hundreds of legendary items for the "perfect one" for you, then by all means go for it. While I do keep my eye out for a good Second Age item (my highest character is only level 58 at the moment) I don't require it. If I find a Third Age which has the legacies and the tiers of legacies I want, I'm going to use it. Keep in mind that for mostly tactical classes, this is much easier to do than for melee or ranged classes. Included with the stats for each item is the DPS stat which is very important for melee and ranged classes and goes up the higher level the weapon is. Still, if a lower level weapon has better legacies which will actually do higher dps than a higher level weapon, I'm going to stay with the lower level weapon and keep looking.

My main recommendation is to keep your eye out for something good but don't obsess over it. Also, don't toss out legendary items every couple of levels if you have a good weapon. In most cases, you probably wouldn't know the difference unless the items are at least 5 levels apart. Anymore, that's about the time I shoot for knew items unless I have a really ****** item. With my level 58 minstrel I'm waiting until level 60 before I change anything up. I already have a couple of reforged Second Age level 60 songbooks and weapons I've made and IDed well so he's good to go. The last time I changed his equipment around was around level 55.

One other thing to keep in mind about legendary is your legendary traits of which you should be able to work on a few now. In some ways those are more important than legendary items and you can get them sooner.