We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

./sign ./sign ./sign

/signed

Thank you so much for posting this! Been thinking about this forever.
    [CENTER][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Ugdush, Black Orc of Mordor~~~Rank 7 Reaver
    Ungweliant of Nan Dungortheb~~~~~Rank 6 Weaver
    [I]Utúlien Aurë! Utúlien Aurë![/I][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000ba43a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

/Signed

I've been thinking of a premium service such as this. I think it would be a great money maker (and crowd pleaser) if they implemented it.

Thumbs up Re: Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

/signed

I know someone who would love to do this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000001a080/01007/signature.png]Finrsm[/charsig]

Sorry, not signed.

I would prefer the development time and effort this would require go into making more content for all players, rather than anything of this nature. Race and gender are probably intricately and deeply tied into character data files - it's not simply a matter of switching a couple of bits. There's a ton of appearance-related data, as well as the stat-related data, in addition to the traits and etc. I'm sorry some of you feel you chose poorly, but for me that doesn't equate to a high priority in terms of game development resources dedicated to fixing something you had the power to rectify youself.
    [COLOR=olive]Lyriell, Elf Guardian of Carpe Jugulum [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=olive]6 Fairwood Lane, Pel-e-Maenas, Falathlorn (Silverlode)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=teal]- Comfrey (Minstrel), Lomeloth (LM), Galmiriel (Captain), Melanna (Hunter), Curubrindal (Warden), Collinsia (Burglar)[/COLOR]

I would absolutely love a race change. Please add it to the store, at around 500-1,000 lotro points.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000039f605/signature.png]Thatro[/charsig]

/signed...again

It is hard to disagree with the argument for resources being applied to game content. However, this is a blanket argument that could be applied to many features of the game. The fact of matter is, a race change option would be the most important new feature in the lotrostore for those who are concerned with its absence.

Another oversimplified argument is 'get over it and/or re-roll'. The time investment and organization needed to re-max out a toon is a daunting prospect. I know this because I have recently gone through the process and I happen to be a member of one of the more successful raiding kins. I do not hold it against anyone who does not wish to go through the same experience.

I do not want to sound spiteful to those arguing that this feature is waste of time, but it is important you understand where we are coming from on this issue. Running on a character that you initially chose the wrong race with, seriously lowers the desirability of playing with the toon. This could be due to cosmetic, lore related, or min/maxing decisions. All of these are valid concerns. Most often this mistake occurs on your first character, when you are not fully aware of the implications of your decision and you are just becoming familiar with the game content.

Trust me, I would be ready to pay for my mistake... and I am almost embarrassed to admit how many lotropoints I would be willing to spend on the feature.

Red face Re: Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

/singhed

i love the idea im tired of man hunter i want my elf hunter!!!!

To me, this affects any in character actions you might take. Even (EVEN) if you dont consider yourself a role player. Doesn't matter if YOU think it doesn't matter that its not really role play. Role Play is not done in a vacuum.

IF it is introduced into the store, I would prefer that it be accompanied with a name change. As in:

Name change = bunch o'TP (standard price for name change)
    Gender change =bunch o'TP + gender tp cost
    Race Change = bunch o'TP + race change tp cost
    Gender and race change =bunch o'TP + race change tp cost + gender change tp cost

or..
    Name change = huge chunk of tp paid out cuz you are going to hit the char creation screen and be asked to start over from Class.
    when you right click on the name change currently you get a normal name window come up, like one you use for naming Critted items, or pets. I would suggest that instead of this, you enter a modified char gen window. At the top you see your class and you have male / female buttons to click. All races not available to your class are greyed out, as in hobbit and man for RK. then once the basics are finished you go onto the cosmetics.

But it all gets filed under name change cuz this to me, is the most important thing a player needs to do if making changes like this. Oh yea, wipe the bio as well as race traits.

Quote Originally Posted by neaddm View Post
    This could be due to cosmetic, lore related, or min/maxing decisions. All of these are valid concerns.
    Whatever else, min/maxing is not a valid reason to allow race changes in an RPG, any RPG, even an MMO.

/signed
    I think this would be a great premium service and I would definitely use it.
    Aeirothir, Raic, Malthoras of Gladden
    Ascalion and Arcaeus of Landroval

/signed.

I have a level 55 Hobbit Burglar, I thought it was cool being like Bilbo since now, I rather be a Man, more like Altair.... it just doesn't look realistic seeing a Hobbit kill things, not to mention I am small, and just hate it now.... I would love for this to be a service, or something like the name change in the lotro store.... Many TP would be spent if Turbine made this a service.

I agree that a gender change option is needed.

signed

Quote Originally Posted by Conanov View Post
    I agree that a gender change option is needed.

signed
    Thanks! this was asked/needed since forever (this very thread started in Feb, 2011) and yet no replies from Turbine. Yet they "invest" their developing effort in things that the only purpose is to make you spend more TP than actually having fun in the game... Spending Turbine or Skirmish point for having the soldier to help you in open world PVE?!? SWTOR does it full time. Wanna implement this cool feature? Ok, but don't make me pay/spend more points for it.

I really enjoyed my lifetime subscription, 4 years of gameplay, but this game is such a travesty of what it once was that I don't even handle loging in to see my old characters.

It was good while it lasted.
    Lokifrid, Lokidred, Lokirond, Lokiriel and Flinti!
    (yeah... Flinti! Doesn't match but it's there!)

Enjoying Turbine's Middle Earth since November, 2007

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001858df/01008/signature.png]Lokidred[/charsig]

Oh wow, I posted in this thread ages ago. I still want this. A lot!
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunkk View Post
    Oh wow, I posted in this thread ages ago. I still want this. A lot!
    Exactly, my friend... up to this point, would be nice to have a dev response just to tell us if this is indeed possible, feasible or just a dream...

Anyway, the game is 5 years old and I know a lot of options and possibilities were not that easy to implement way back then, but now, with the option to pay TP for it, I can't see why it would not be a good time to develop something like this.

I'd rather have this than buying class steeds for the cosmetic option...
    Lokifrid, Lokidred, Lokirond, Lokiriel and Flinti!
    (yeah... Flinti! Doesn't match but it's there!)

Enjoying Turbine's Middle Earth since November, 2007

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001858df/01008/signature.png]Lokidred[/charsig]

/Signed

Ya I would pay for this service if the price was reasonable. say
    Feather on Nimrodel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2