We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

I have a warden. 65. Traits at 10... Rift Armour (not the cosmetic one)... DN Radiance gear... Tanked BG... An elf female character
    Created this character to tag along a friend that was a returning player, and since this friend only rolled elven characters, started mine as an elf... female, cause I think all elven males in this game (at least the PC ones) look like they are a wax sculpture.
    I ended up really enjoying the class and the gambit mechanic, and all the other thing that make most warden players fall in love with their class, but after a while, I found myself regretting the decision of making it an elven maiden, since all my other characters are from the race of men and males, just like myself.

So... I recently found myself rolling a second warden, but I really would pay to be able to change the race and gender of my previously created one. I know there are racial traits and I would not mind having to redo them if such service option were available.

Please Turbine, add such service in the near future.
    Lokifrid, Lokidred, Lokirond, Lokiriel and Flinti!
    (yeah... Flinti! Doesn't match but it's there!)

Enjoying Turbine's Middle Earth since November, 2007

Re: Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

Moving this to the Store Feedback forum. If we did offer this sort of change, it's more likely it would be done through the Store than as a Premium service.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

/signed

I created a character with an ugly nose, because at that moment I tough it looked funny... No more.

I've seen this kind of service offered in several other MMO's with a reasonable demand, I wonder if this would be to hard to implement in Lotro.

Please sign if you are interested in this kind of service.

I concur. I would like this option as well. I originally rolled an elven female hunter as my first main, cause frankly at the time I'd have rather stared at the back of a female than a male for all the time I was in game. Now that my gf has finally decided to play, I rolled a new male character to play with her, but I miss my hunter. She hates the fact that its a female and gets mad at me when I wanna use my hunter (who, btw, has tons of good loot, all virutes to 10 and almost all content done. at least I'd say 95% of all content). Let me make my hunter a male! Even elven male, I don't care. Just would like the option to change.

I think this would be a great feature to be added to the game (via the store or premium service)

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000028aab3/01002/signature.png]Isorwyn[/charsig]

Because there are Classes and Traits that are specific to the Race of your character I think it would be difficult for Turbine to implement Racial Changes. Its not as simple as.... **Poof** you are now an Elf instead of a Dwarf.

A Sex change I suppose would be an easy thing for them to implement.

Personally sex changes and/or race changes to an existing character seems just weird to me and I'd never ask or expect any game to allow me to alter either of those things without rerolling the character. I guess I'm just odd that way. If they're interested in making a quick buck that's their business and, other than finding the idea weird, I really don't care. Still, I'd think you'd also need it to be bundled with a Name Change.
    Eisling OakChapel, Minstrel
    and a bunch of AKAs
    Co-leader of Spirit Brewers
    P.S. I want to play the Triangle!

/signed. I've been asking for this myself. Wouldn't matter to me if I had to redo every single racial trait.
    “You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.” –Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by Aeslynn View Post
    Because there are Classes and Traits that are specific to the Race of your character I think it would be difficult for Turbine to implement Racial Changes. Its not as simple as.... **Poof** you are now an Elf instead of a Dwarf.

Personally sex changes and/or race changes to an existing character seems just weird to me and I'd never ask or expect any game to allow me to alter either of those things without rerolling the character. I guess I'm just odd that way. If they're interested in making a quick buck that's their business and, other than finding the idea weird, I really don't care. Still, I'd think you'd also need it to be bundled with a Name Change.
    The race changes aren't really that hard to implement, like some of us mentioned before, they'd probably reset the racial traits (I would not mind doing that again).

As for the weirdness or that being unexpected, I can list a few games, like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars that offer this kind of service for a fee.

I would rather see the development resources used to create non-festival, non-fluff content.

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    I would rather see the development resources used to create non-festival, non-fluff content.
    Thank you! You really added to the topic being discussed.

It should at least allow dorf characters who have enough sense to realize their mistake of making smelly dorf characters, and changing them to a more respectable race, such as a hobbit

On topic, I like the idea.
    Meliane - [EU] Snowbourn
    Meliana - Elendilimir (RIP)

Good idea. I've actually been thinking about this earlier today. The name change, for example, works perfectly fine. Much smoother than in other games with similar services. Race/sex change could work just the same. The racial traits, sure, why not do them again? In "that other MMORPG" (yeah, I'm talking WoW for a second here), if you change faction, some of the quests and achievements aren't carried over. You have to do them again (best example is in Northrend the Argent Tournament.) I see no problem with that in LOTRO either. So we do the racials again. Not a big deal.

Bundle it with name change on one side and also offer both separately. Some people might just want to do either. 1,000 TP for name change (or 995 or whatever it is right now), 2,000 for race change, 1,500 for sex change. Make a bundle 2,500 for race and name, 2,000 for sex and name, 3,000 for race and sex. 4,000 for all three. Something like that.

Oh yeah, /signed.
    “A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

/signed for race and sex change

/signed

I'd go for just a character makeover option, but if its not such a huge undertaking to go even further to a racial/gender change, then I wouldn't be opposed to that.

I've long wanted to change the appearance of my toon beyond the hair/details aspect available at the barber.

Thumbs up Re: Character Race/Gender changes as a Premium Service

/signed big time.

It's not even about changing race, but about changing lineage within races, as those directly affect your character's options visually (and for many of us, it's too late to fix once choices are made).

For instance. I created my character as an Elf of Rivendell (storywise, it's my favorite place in the books), but without knowing what I was in for on character attributes. Now I'm stuck with a character whose hair and complexion options are just horrible, there is very little color, everything is washed out. Her hair choices are basically drabbish black, drabbish brown, or drabbish no-color. If I could, I'd change her to one of the other two Elf lineages as fast as my mouse could click.

And yes this is silly and stupid, but I was inexperienced in gaming three years back when creating my character, and I thought I'd be able to adapt hair or other features a bit later on, and of course discovered this wasn't the case. The character just never quite looks like I wanted her to, and I wish I could go back and edit her a bit.

I'd pay $$ to do it too. Not even a question.
    [b]Farien[/b], [i]L72 Lore-Master[/i] (Rank 7) * [b]Perionnan[/b], [i]L44 Burglar[/i] * [b]Laerianna[/b], [i]L45 Minstrel[/i] * Assorted Fugly Creeps R1-4
    [i]"Not all those who wander are lost."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000033e44/01006/signature.png]Farien[/charsig]

/signed. I would easily pay 30$ for this even. In fact I'm banking on this coming out in the store, because I sure as hell am not going to roll a whole nother race. If this doesn't get implemented, I will easily cancel my service and play another game. Please make this happen.

/SIGNED

Signed with tears of joy running down my cheeks because a Dev posted here, just posted, like they where considering it or something.

Through my years of playing I started a Hobbit Mini to play along with her Hobbit Hunter. She has not played in some time and I'm not a real big fan of Hobbits, I love mini but I don't share that love for Hobbits so I don't play him much.

Oh how I wish that I could turn him into a Man or Elf, just to be taller, same with my Dwarf Guard, would love to be and Elf or Man, would just love it! Please consider, let me find joy in my wonderful healer again.

On a side not some of us have worked so hard to gear out trait and gear wise (not to mention our LI's) on races that we are not very excited about playing. Changing my race would be amazing! I would not even be bothered about grinding out my Racial deeds again! I just want to keep the others intact!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000c5598/signature.png]Tychicus[/charsig]

/ signed.

I would like to see this as an option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Moving this to the Store Feedback forum. If we did offer this sort of change, it's more likely it would be done through the Store than as a Premium service.
    I'm wondering if they are considering doing this in the future. Just wish I could hear a little bit or Word because I am considering re rolling my mini and creating a new one, just not looking forward to the grind of leveling an alt that I've already leveled. But my chosen race is a big issue with my enjoyment of the class. Guess I'm just shallow...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000c5598/signature.png]Tychicus[/charsig]

/signed !!!!

I would be willing to pay a good deal of money for this service. When I initially started playing this game, I created a man hunter. Not being aware of the racial differences, I have recently finished leveling an elf hunter for the racial traits. The grind took a great deal of time and my old hunter will mainly be used for crafting. I would have been happy to pay a significant fee just to save on the time it took leveling and gearing this new hunter. Likewise, I have several other alts I would be willing to use this feature on. I think it is a service people want, and a service that could generate a good deal of revenue. To address those who are concerned with the prospect that rampant race/gender changes may detract from the game, it could be an option to price the service at a relatively high rate (though I would hate to be the guy who volunteers for higher prices... I just view my time and therefore this service as more valuable.).

/signed

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking rolling an Elf Warden. An elf?! Ugh.

/Signed! I would love this as a feature. I made a post similar but it was largely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPunk View Post
    I would love to see an option to redo or change the characteristics you opted for in the initial character creation on existing characters. If this were in the store, I would gladly pay for it on several toons, and I know for a fact I am not alone. I can think of at least 3 people I know ingame who would similarly utilize this option. To elaborate, the ability to alter one's character's place of origin (not a day goes by I don't regret picking Rivendell on my Minstrel, I hate that I can't make her blonde), alter the tone of their skin (A buddy of mine's Loremaster seriously needs a tan), maybe even alter character genders. As comedic as that last part may be to some, I would definitely use it on at least 2 of my toons. Everything looks nicer on female toons, and I've level 60+ male toons who I hate aesthetically. I hope this is possible, as implied via the addition of the 'Barber' function which was very well received and widely appreciated.

This kind of option could also prompt other uses in the store, such as the rename feature (can't change your toons gender and keep the name, that'd be weird!). It would also allow more customization and the chance to remedy mistakes long made and to thus salvage characters long invested in. It may even give a long needed cure for those dark circles around some character's eyes. Please consider this, Turbine.

Would be very nice if they extended this potential feature to allow you to change your character's place of origin or other characteristics selected during the character creation process. It is something I would definitely pay for.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000008bdab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I agree; for a paid service there should be every option available to assist with customer satisfaction. I've leveled up a character that is female. Now I would like to change the gender to male. I think that doing this would make me enjoy the character even more than I do now. Sometimes we roll a toon up only to find that we wish we could make some changes that would improve the overall game experience. This is an interactive environment that can be updated and manipulated. It only makes sense that a company would provide whatever service the customer community felt was necessary to make things more enjoyable to keep customers statisfied and in the end make more money.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000d0cf8/01003/signature.png]Osowize[/charsig]

I would definietly pay for this. My burg is geared to the teeth but he's a hobbit, and being tracked by wargs in the moors is annoying, not to mention 5% inc healing would be nice. I also know of several people who would pay for this as well.
    [color=lightblue]Magikx[/color]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast