We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hope is Kindled is recruiting...

I'm "Alexander", leader of Hope is Kindled, a new and rapidly growing kinship on the Dwarrowdelf server.

I've been a featured player on the Gladden server (as Ojibwe) and I've come over for a fresh start in 2011. I've brought a few friends with me and have added some great people already over here.

I'm looking for mature players (ideally 25+ years of age) to join our growing community. I'm looking for kind, active, helpful players who are looking for a friendly, drama-free atmosphere to grow with our kin. I don't care about your level, we're all going to be L65 at some point, so if you need pointers, we're glad to help. I'm also looking for people who enjoy getting into character, as we light-roleplay (not necessary to stay in char the entire time). Maybe I'm looking for you...

I've led and participated in every instance in the game and take pride in our approach to the game. Respect yourself, your kinmates and our kinship and I've got a place for you.

We also have a Ventrilo server but it's by no means mandatory to have installed for you to join us.

Cheers, send a post in-game to ALEXANDER, MARLBANK, BEORDIAN or ZHUGE. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
    Last edited by MadCloon; Feb 15 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Re: Hope is Kindled is recruiting...

Update: we are currently growing nicely with just over 20 active individuals, which translates into about 55 members with alts. Having experienced some of the younger player's issues and concerns with status, in-game gold amount, level-superiority, etc. we are restricting members to adults 25+ years old. Level does not matter, maturity, respect, and love for the game are what we're all about. All new folk are made kinsmen immediately, there's no pecking order here, just a community of adults who enjoy the company, conversations, quests and instances/raids together. If this sounds like you, we'd love to have you!

Send in-game post to: ALEXANDER, BEORDIAN, MARLBANK or ZHUGE. I'll get right back to you.
    Last edited by MadCloon; Feb 21 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Update: As of March 1, 2011 we now have 35 active individuals, totaling about 80 alts in our kin. It would seem our reputation as a drama-free, ignorant-free, fun & mature kinship is attracting new members. While I do not "pirate" players from other kins, if your current kinship is causing you stress, has difficult people in it, or isn't what you're looking for, and you decide to leave, perhaps we're a viable option for you.

While many of our members are leveling their characters, we're getting into the range of some fun early-game instances, such as Garth Agarwen, Fornost and the Uru/CD combo. These instances are valuable learning tools for knowing your class's role within a fellowship, following the fellowship leader's strategy, and learning about the more intricate conjunctions. We take pride in being patient, helpful teachers, and with several players with 3+ years of LOTRO experience, we can help the new player and perhaps teach the old dog a few new tricks

If you'd like to get more information about Hope is Kindled, please send an in-game tell or mail to: BEORDIAN, ALEXANDER, ZHUGE or MARLBANK. I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Update: As of March 16th, we have reached the 40+ active ndividuals mark, with over 100 "members" with alts. and a few more expected to join us shortly. These numbers are enabling our membership to run kin-only instances, skirms, and to get assistance whenever someone needs it from a kinmate in the area.

While numbers are nice to have for questing, instances, crafting, etc. it is important to note that it's the quality of the individual we're looking for here. We strive to make our kinship a place where our members can log on and feel comfortable. If you want to solo a few quests and skirms and chat a little bit while doing so, that's fine. If you want to log in, see who's on and start a run into the Barrows, Annuminas, Helegrod, school & library, and keep chat to a minimum as you get what you need, that's perfect. If you're a weekend warrior with kids and want to dodge in, say hello and quest for an hour or two, that's great. The important thing is we respect our kinmates and are a kind, helpful bunch of adults who love playing the game.

If you're a free agent looking for an adult-kinship or a current kinmate who's kin just isn't what they're really looking for, please feel free to get in touch with me for more information. My characters are BEORDIAN, ALEXANDER, and MARLBANK. Hope is Kindled would love to hear from you!

Update March 26th,
    We are currently at 45+ active individuals (not including alts in our membership tally) in our kinship. Our success shows us that we've found a niche as one of the premier adult and light-rping kinships on Dwarrowdelf and we hope to keep growing.

One of the advantages with a few of our veteran kin members are getting close to the endgame cap is experience. I have run several instances with people from other kins and I can tell you that I've had some wonderful groups. I can vouch for the character of a number of players from Massive Dynamics, Essence and Reforged to name a few. They follow the fellowship leader's strategy closely and are attentive and into the instance. The only issue is experience. For many, it's been the first time they've successfully completed the instance or the hard-mode. That's where we in Hope is Kindled can help.

We've been around since the beginning, not just of Dwarrowdelf but of LOTRO itself. We remember when there was no map to the Old Forest and when Carn Dum itself, not the 1.8.5 instance was considered "endgame". But we're not jaded, far from it! We've changed with the times, know our classes and how to coach them without being obtrusive and how to incorporate changes in the game to old strategies. More importantly, we know how to lead without the arrogance, something that still plagues the glff and many of the current raiding kin ships. Kindness is still appreciated in our community on Dwarrowdelf, at least from the number of requests I have from people who are looking for a guardian or something to do

I'm interested in new adults to join our kinship or perhaps an alliance or two. Please send an in-game post or tell to me on BEORDIAN or ALEXANDER if you're interested in joining us or forming a successful alliance.

Chris

Update: April 25th

We're still recruiting! With a solid membership base of almost 50 active individuals, we're just being a little more selective with our recruiting processes

What is Hope is Kindled? We're an adults-only kinship catering to those 25 and up. No juvenile attention-seekers or braggarts here, just a solid base of adults who enjoy gaming together casually and taking advantage of our knowledge of the endgame instances to get the most out of LOTRO.

One interesting facet of our kinship is the male-female ratio. We've got several women who've made our kin their home and are enjoying the drama/ego-free kin. I recently ran an fellowship instance in which I was the only male in the group, something new after almost 4 years of LOTRO!

If you're near or over 25, in an inactive kin, in a kin that's just not for you due to the maturity level of the members, or if you're unkinned and looking for a mature kin, send me a tell on BEORDIAN or ALEXANDER. We'll see if we're a good fit for you!

somewhere between this world and the next...

Heya, this is Thren, and I want to update our kin page so that people can hear a different perspective on who we are...

We are really a unique kin because of our mix of experience (I have been here from the beginning too) and focus. We will NEVER be raiding the new 12-man seven nights a week so that we can be the first kin to take it down. We are adults with jobs and kids and we just don't have the time... But don't think that means we don't take this game seriously. We know the instances inside and out. Many of our officers specialize in certain instances, and between us we have an unsurpassed knowledge of this game. For instance, JJ is the master of the Rift; Chris is the man for the Watcher; we have all done Filikul (Turtle Raid) since the beginning and we know Forges, Dark Delvings, Halls of Crafting, Urugarth and too many more to name because we have brought alts, friend's alts, new kinmates, and people on our friend's lists through these places wayyy too many...well.... you get the point.

In addition, our knowledge of the classes in lotro is unrivaled. There is almost nobody who knows Guardians like Chris and I... Runekeeper healers - covered by Counselor and Halfkil... Captains - Dennis and Chris... hunters, champions, minstrels... we have it all covered. If you have leveled a toon and don't understand Legendary Items yet and don't know what legacies to use, just ask. Crafting is covered; our kinmates are prepared with the right food, tokens, scrolls, oils... on and on.

Like I said, we are adults who take this hobby seriously... We are happy to put on our geek-hats and hash out number comparisons between different armor sets, so that each class has the best armor for each situation, and each instance. We will grind out a Charity deed one day to get the highest Wound Resist for a new instance, form a 6 man group to collect level 39 book quest pages in the Misty Mountains the next, and then head to Sarnur to get enough rep items for a kinmate to get a goat for Moria. We group together and we like to have fun.

Anyway, hope my perspective sheds some light on our unique group of individuals... We hope that if you have been avoiding joining a kin, or have been sitting in a 3man kin with your cousin and haven't been able to run a 6man instance, or are just plain new to the game and really don't know what the heck is going on... give one of us a shout in-game!
    Last edited by spiritintelligencia; May 20 2011 at 10:31 AM.
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

August 2nd update:

We keep attracting those married couples and mature gamers! Our kinchat is a fun place to hang out and we are always helping each other with gear and good advice.

We are up to about 29 level 65's... and of those, 20 are individual players! Add to this another 15 who are over level 50 and we really have a strong player base to choose from for fun 12man content, and hopefully to tackle this new 24man Dragon raid that will be coming with Rise of Isengard!

We have recently been gathering our players at levels 50+ to tackle the Helegrod wings so that we can see one of lotro's iconic fights with the undead dragon in the final helegrod wing - a 24man raid also.

A month ago we became only the second kin on Dwarrowdelf to take down the Rift! Taking down the Balrog at the end of the Rift has become one of those all-time lotro memories for all of us in Kindled... But if this sounds daunting - to you who are thinking of joining us - then put those fears aside. Rift is not a difficult raid... it just takes a little experience and a little planning. But these are the types of fun group experiences that you are missing when you are leveling solely with a spouse or friend.

Please contact: Alexander, Beardian, Threndinir, Halfkil, Counselor, Burmund, Shinra, Agathon

Alternate contact method: use your social panel and add 'Hope is Kindled' to the filter on the Fellowship tab to see who is currently logged in and send them a tell. They will refer you to an officer.

Just bumping this up since we've had a lot of new players join via the Forums and we were getting buried

Hope is Kindled is one of the larger kinships on the server and is primarily adults-only (25+). We currently stand at 72 individuals (not members...we have a few hundred of those now), of which 60+ are active and have logged in in the past 7 days. We tend to be busy in the prime time evening hours between 9-11 and on weekends but have players in various time zones and from several different countries.

We are a casual kinship. There are no mandatory raids, although we do have raid nights (recently knocking out some of OD) which are usually well-attended. We also run raids of different levels, as we have taken down the Balrog in the Rift (L50 raid), have the Helegrod dragon in our upcoming schedule (also L50 but customizable), meaning you don't have to be at Level Cap in order to have fun on Raid night! We also value assisting others, helping with quests, and class quest requirements and some of us play out in the Moors on a regular basis, if PvMP appeals to you (drama-free of course).

If you're a casual player who enjoys running instances, leveling characters, talking in a family-friendly and mature kin chat, and think we may be a good fit for you, check our website and apply, or send an in-game post or tell to Alexander, Beardian, Ygrath or do a search in fellowship tab for hope is kindled. Hope to see you in the game!

I might add that the (brand new!) kin website is http://hopeiskindled.guildlaunch.com

This is exactly the guild I have been looking for. I'll shoot a post or try to contact one of you in game when it comes back up.

Thumbs up Re: Hope is Kindled is recruiting...

Great kin, awesome people, can't complain at all! Love it here in HIK.

I have been looking for anyone in this guild online at the same time I am but so far no luck.Though to be honest I am not sure how to even search other than my current zone.

My characters name is Cormyl and I would love to give your guild a try. The group that I play with are all over 40 years old. My character is currently parked in our small little friendship guild because frankly the number of times we have been harassed by people seeking to fill there guilds drove us to create our own just in order to stop the madness.

If you read this and see me in game please send me a tell so that we could talk more.

Quote Originally Posted by wyverncllaw View Post
    My characters name is Cormyl and I would love to give your guild a try. The group that I play with are all over 40 years old. My character is currently parked in our small little friendship guild because frankly the number of times we have been harassed by people seeking to fill there guilds drove us to create our own just in order to stop the madness.

If you read this and see me in game please send me a tell so that we could talk more.
    Fear not! We are still alive and kicking. I think part of the issue is that most of the names mentioned in this thread belong to our kin leader who is currently on an extended business trip. Unfortunately, keeping a comprehensive but concise officer list is difficult when everyone has several alts. I should be online tonight (Monday, US time) at some point and I will try to locate you or send you some in-game mail.

Thumbs up Re: Hope is Kindled is recruiting...

Just to add, I'm in this kinship for two-three months now, and even if I don't have that much time on my hands, I enjoyed a lot the company. Mature people, nice conversation, help when asked, great camaraderie. I recommend it.

Sounds great...but my daughter would be upset if I joined a Kinship without her.

Quote Originally Posted by yorphiu View Post
    Sounds great...but my daughter would be upset if I joined a Kinship without her.
    Family of kin members are of course welcome. This is the main exception to our age rule. Please contact me (Bludo), Agathon, Threndinir, or Shinra if you want to discuss it.

Will do. Thanks.

Hope is Kindled is recruiting all classes once again! We're looking for adult players (preferably 25+, but maturity level is more important than age) who want to join a friendly group to run instances, socialize, help with quests/crafting. We're running all of the Isengard instances on Tier 2 right now, except the raid, but we hope to get there when we get some people back from Star Wars, etc.

If you're interested please contact Dagwood, Bludo, Feandir or Fancee in game for more info.

I really think your age limit is restricting your kinships potential.

I recently left my kinship, and am looking for one to join. I've seen your members in-game, and have run a few instances with some of them. Unfortunantly, I am 17, so clearly(us youngins CAN read after all ), your kinship is off my list.

I'm not complaining, as I can understand your reasoning. But, as a tip, if you want more members in the future, you'll find there are many, many mature young adults out there. Don't let one, or two, or 10 bad apples ruin the bunch.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post
    I really think your age limit is restricting your kinships potential.

I recently left my kinship, and am looking for one to join. I've seen your members in-game, and have run a few instances with some of them. Unfortunantly, I am 17, so clearly(us youngins CAN read after all ), your kinship is off my list.

I'm not complaining, as I can understand your reasoning. But, as a tip, if you want more members in the future, you'll find there are many, many mature young adults out there. Don't let one, or two, or 10 bad apples ruin the bunch.

All the best!
    Josh, thanks for your comment. As I said, what we are looking for is adult players, but that maturity level is more important than age. I agree with you that we could find recruits more easily if we had looser requirements. However, we believe that quality trumps quantity and we are not looking to be a "massive" kin.

We are definitely aware that there are folks whose maturity level belies their age, and we are happy to discuss membership with them. Over the past year we have had several people around your age in the kin, some have worked out really great and some have not, although this is the same way with older folks.

We almost always extend an invite to someone who has the endorsement of a kinmate. So, if you have grouped with some of our members, feel free to ask them about the kin or send me a message about it and we can talk.

Hope is Kindled is still looking for new members! Our players are mature, helpful and knowledgeable and are really looking forward to adding you to our family. We tend to appeal to mature players, so this is why we usually add the "25+" to our recruitment message. As Jake stated above, this is more of a loose guideline that will help you to get an idea of what you can expect from joining us. Many of us are parents... we have some couples... we have many kinmates over 40 years old - including myself!

Let's be honest here... Star Wars has decimated many kin rosters. Many of those people who left to try swtor have returned again, some have not. Like many kinships, Hope took a bit of a hit and lost some of it's longtime members. Now the funny thing is, we are tighter as a group and we are also running more endgame content than we ever have. I am not sure of the how's and why's of it - but it is strangely true... maybe we became more focused and hungry... However, we would really like to add more kinmates and feel that by doing so we are offering people a chance to be part of something special.

We also have alot of alts running through the low zones at all times, and we have crafters sending loot to lower level players to help their experience run smoothly. We have appointed 3 officers to be in charge of specific tasks:

Bludo/Feandir is in charge of recruitment.
    Dagwood/Nuga runs our endgame adventures.
    Fancee/Triona takes on the huge job of crafting for her kinmates.

Lastly, I, Threndinir, recently took over leadership duties for this kinship. I have been here since lotro's inception and I am currently leveling a cappy, Soon, through Breeland!

Please contact any of us regarding your interest in our kin!
    Last edited by spiritintelligencia; Feb 19 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Y'all sound right up my alley. I am 54 years old, and play on my laptop with family in the room, so don't use
    headset/voice stuff. Actually, the whole social aspect of this game kinda escapes me.

I am a VIP, been playing for 6 months. I have 3 chars on Dwarrowdelf, all between 30-45 (a couple of other higher levels on other servers).
    I am interested mostly in assisting others on quests/instances, not needing a lot of help myself.

Expect a contact from me soon, probably Illiniwek or Enyah.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiniwek80 View Post
    and play on my laptop with family in the room, so don't use
    headset/voice stuff.
    Greetings Illin! Please send that tell anytime... if you don't see anyone of the listed names online you can also type Hope is Kindled in the social panel filter and you will be able to ask a member to help you to contact an officer.

And about the headset/family-room... that is another reason why we tend toward mature gamers, the chat tends to be profanity-free. My sounds blasts through my house because I have my game connected to about 10 speakers, including a couple of towers - I love my audio!

This sounds like a good kin.

A couple of questions:

1 - I'm a level 51 guardian with very little MMORPG experience & who, to be honest, plays fairly infrequently. Would I have anything to add to HIK?

2 - At what times of day/week are kin members most often online [especially for raids & so on]? I'm based in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast