Re: Beta Release Notes for Updtae 2
The biggest change that could affect LUA authors (and users) was the revamped combat log.
It seems quite comprehensive, for example:
We have made a significant number of changes and improvements to combat logging text.
- You will now see messages for parries, evades, blocks, resists, immunity, misses and interrupts.
- Damage is now qualified as a hit, critical hit or devastating hit.
- Healing is now qualified as a heal or critical heal.
- Non-damaging and non-healing skill and effect application is now logged.
- Damage and healing done by effects, including damage-over-time and heal-over-time effects will now be logged with the name of the effect.
This may temporarily break some of the combat log parsers, but it should also provide a much better audit trail for analysis.
Originally Posted by Cerridwen
[B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Vastin[/COLOR][/B]: [I]"But whenever we take feedback on most game systems, such as character builds, economics, or [/I]especially[i] anything to do with PvP, then we are forced to read very carefully between the lines of any and all player feedback, as it is all inevitably skewed by self-investment, self-interest, and a deeply subjective viewpoint that increases in direct proportion to how long or successfully a player has occupied a particular role."[/I]