We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile 65 LM Seeking Kin

Hello Folks,

I started playing LotRO several years ago then bounced around between EverQuest/WoW/Warhammer/Aion and such before finding my way back here. I still kick myself for leaving as I've never enjoyed a game more than this one in retrospect.

In any case, I've been back for about a month now. Leveled my old LM here from 50-65 and still having fun. Working on filling out reputation, LI's and such. My old kin has disappeared so it's time for me to find some new friends as this solo thing can get kind of dull at times.

Though it's hard to admit, I'm getting long in the tooth for a gamer I suspect. I'll be 40 next month. I am self-employed in a professional field so I don't have unlimited time for playing, but still put many hours a week into it. I'm looking for a Kin that isn't full of immature pew-pew e-peen types (fun and enthusiasm is dandy). Nothing wrong with the occasional cuss-word, but not wanting to listen to streams of it and/or screaming all the time either. Not into drama over gear or drops and not looking to create it either.

I'd like to raid PvE content, but also looking to start and have some regular PvMP action too. I miss having a guild/kin web site to chat with people on when I'm supposed to be working so having a kin web-site is a plus. Also hoping to land somewhere that has leadership with some sense of direction and a bigger sense of humor :-)

I have a full-access account and throw my money at Turbine every month. Not quite sure what else to post but feel free to ask questions. If you think I might find a home with your group, please let me know. I am GMT - 7/Mountain Time US.
    Last edited by Bigskyn; Feb 11 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added Time Zone

Re: 65 LM Seeking Kin

Quote Originally Posted by Bigskyn View Post
    Hello Folks,

I started playing LotRO several years ago then bounced around between EverQuest/WoW/Warhammer/Aion and such before finding my way back here. I still kick myself for leaving as I've never enjoyed a game more than this one in retrospect.

In any case, I've been back for about a month now. Leveled my old LM here from 50-65 and still having fun. Working on filling out reputation, LI's and such. My old kin has disappeared so it's time for me to find some new friends as this solo thing can get kind of dull at times.

Though it's hard to admit, I'm getting long in the tooth for a gamer I suspect. I'll be 40 next month. I am self-employed in a professional field so I don't have unlimited time for playing, but still put many hours a week into it. I'm looking for a Kin that isn't full of immature pew-pew e-peen types (fun and enthusiasm is dandy). Nothing wrong with the occasional cuss-word, but not wanting to listen to streams of it and/or screaming all the time either. Not into drama over gear or drops and not looking to create it either.

I'd like to raid PvE content, but also looking to start and have some regular PvMP action too. I miss having a guild/kin web site to chat with people on when I'm supposed to be working so having a kin web-site is a plus. Also hoping to land somewhere that has leadership with some sense of direction and a bigger sense of humor :-)

I have a full-access account and throw my money at Turbine every month. Not quite sure what else to post but feel free to ask questions. If you think I might find a home with your group, please let me know.
    Hey there,

So, if you'd like, I'm happy to talk to you a little about Haruchai and Elohim. I'm not much for making a "hard sell", and will try not to be pushy, so let me know if you want/need more information.

1. We've been around since June 2007, and have always had the same leader (Tssatt, or as we call him, "T"). We're very stable, and continue to grow at a steady pace. Many of our members have played since the start of the game.

2. We actively engage in end-game raid content. We run DN once a week (Friday evenings), and some other 12-man (watcher/helegrod/etc) often on Saturdays. We have a dedicated Ventrilo server, and emphasize maturity/responsibility during raiding. People aren't required to raid, and we have many at cap who don't, but those who do (about 18 regular players) really enjoy it.

3. The majority of active H&E'ers are married and employed. Many of us have children, and a few even have grandchildren. There are a few people who play with their partners, which is always fun. We have a few younger folks, but most of them are very mature.

4. We're a very social kin--we have kin socials on occasion, and many of us hang out in Ventrilo (a voice chat client, if you're not aware of it), even when we're not raiding/grouping. We have several in-jokes, such as Pie Hard Mode, that you'll eventually learn about if you join us. :-)

5. There's opportunity for upward advancement. Some kinmembers have been here since 2007; some only came on board in 2009 but have made Officer status. We value respect, commitment, and knowledge, and give people a fair shake.

6. We have a very active kin website: www.haruelo.com. There's a ton of regular, great content on there.

7. We do some PvMP, but focus on PvE. However, with the new changes, I know several of us will be making regular trips to the Moors...

Hope that's informative! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know in this topic, via PM, or in-game on Eluros (my Guardian/main, who I've been playing since 2007). No pressure, and whatever you decide, hope it works out for you.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

Re: 65 LM Seeking Kin

Thanks for the contact in-game! No hard sell needed and I like what I've read thus far on your website. :-)