We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: To those seemingly offended by Goat Spam

Removed because people cannot take a joke, apparently.

And arguing with those people is pointless.
    Last edited by Cithryth; Feb 18 2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRollinsWare View Post
    Let's see ... by definition, selfish means "showing that personal needs and wishes are thought to be more important than those of other people."

Let's see, the WAC alliance has its own user chat channel - it took about one minute to set it up. So ...

CHOICE ONE
    1. Setting up a server wide open user chat "goat spam" channel and allowing anyone to join - easy to do, not selfish
    2. Putting message in common chat channel "those interested in goat spam, joine said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    3. Joining said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    4. Folks you would p**s off - none

*** versus***

CHOICE TWO
    1. Posting goat spam in GLFF AND telling the world to go screw if you don't like it - easy to do, SELFISH
    2. Folks you p**s off - more than you can count in the time it would take to choose CHOICE ONE above

I do not ASSUME anything - your statements and actions EXACTLY match said definition.
    Does goat spam seriously bother you that much? People are going to spam up GLFF anyway, all you gotta do is useyour ignore button if it's bothering you.
    [center]Sipycup r6 Hunter-------Sippycup r4 Champ-------Sippykup r4 Minstrel-------Sippy r3 Burglar[/center]
    [center]Sippyqup------rank awesome warg[/center]
    [center][url]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb306/pks1234/sippytitle.jpg[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRollinsWare View Post
    Let's see ... by definition, selfish means "showing that personal needs and wishes are thought to be more important than those of other people."

Let's see, the WAC alliance has its own user chat channel - it took about one minute to set it up. So ...

CHOICE ONE
    1. Setting up a server wide open user chat "goat spam" channel and allowing anyone to join - easy to do, not selfish
    2. Putting message in common chat channel "those interested in goat spam, joine said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    3. Joining said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    4. Folks you would p**s off - none

*** versus***

CHOICE TWO
    1. Posting goat spam in GLFF AND telling the world to go screw if you don't like it - easy to do, SELFISH
    2. Folks you p**s off - more than you can count in the time it would take to choose CHOICE ONE above

I do not ASSUME anything - your statements and actions EXACTLY match said definition.
    I still don't understand why people can't have fun in a user channel where the majority of people are, where it is easier to communicate. It's not a crime to want to have a bit of fun. To me it seems as if you are taking this somewhat personally?

If the spam is stopping a LFF message, that's when it should be cut down a bit.
    Generally conversations and "Goat Spam" is not a problem for people trying to LFF in the channel.

There is way to many people who take things like this so literally to the fact that people like you are calling us bad people. I'm sure you don't know anything about us other than the fact that we occasionally use GLFF for other purposes than LFF. IF it annoys you leave the channel, and ignore it. I think you type /leavechannel glff? I can't remember lol.

I don't remember a rulebook for how we should use user created channels.
    When you find one, let us all know.

There's more fun than just looking for and doing in-game content.
    Last edited by Untg99; Feb 18 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2