We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To those seemingly offended by Goat Spam

Removed because people cannot take a joke, apparently.
    Last edited by Cithryth; Feb 18 2011 at 01:42 PM.

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

Re: To those seemingly offended by Goat Spam

It doesn't help your case when you refer to it as Spam.
    Last edited by Toranoga; Feb 05 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    It doesn't help your case when you refer to it as Spam.
    Yeah I realized it after posting and can't change the title and all... :P

Did someone say Green eggs and spam? I do not like Green eggs and spam Sam I am. Not here. Not there. But Goat eggs and spam, now thats better than Ham
    Syphon lv100 burglar; Galadtharion lv100 hunter; Durweis lv86 guardian; Tarmature lv80 warden
    I'm huntin fo wabbits
    WINNER OF THE COVETED CHICKENZ "WORST BURG ON THE SERVER" AWARD

I wasn't aware people were "offended" by it...even my goat NewtGingrich doesn't seem troubled by it.

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

Sorry, I'm sheepish about this thread, though you've rammed it home so nobody should feel in anyway fleeced by the shear force by which you've herded the subject. Ewe can't pull the wool over my eyes........what? Goats? OHHHHHH!!! Bahhhhhhhhh.
    Thats a horse of a different feather.
    Nevermind.

:O),
    Sut
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/whatsizzface/lotrosig3_zps8de263e7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=white]"Can you [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]say that my precious? I knew that you could[/SIZE]!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]~A Sut by any other name~[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Is still a Sut~[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by GV-Tanith View Post
    I wasn't aware people were "offended" by it...even my goat NewtGingrich doesn't seem troubled by it.

Over this weekend's latest bout of Goat Flu, someone decided to mail every single person who even posed once in GLFF about Goats telling them that spamming is rude and to use channels appropriately, etc.

I tried to tell him that his isn't going to be making very many friends on the server like that, but I think he put me on his ignore list :/

USA, where it's cold and wintery most of the year.

I was lurking, watching the /glff channel, wondering when I would see some legendary goat stuff.... and I thought it was amusing! Too bad someone felt they had to be the /glff party pooper.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012ca8a/01004/signature.png]Moonpetal[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/user-994944/[/url]

If this is the only thing people decide to be offended by, we should rejoice! I will admit that I tend towards liking the designated channels used for their intended purpose, but anyone that would pick an argument over harmless goat droppings in GLFF should probably take a nap (referenced to the crabby old man syndrome that can at times suck the fun out of chat channels).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000134c5f/signature.png]Jenidal[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    Over this weekend's latest bout of Goat Flu, someone decided to mail every single person who even posed once in GLFF about Goats telling them that spamming is rude and to use channels appropriately, etc.

I tried to tell him that his isn't going to be making very many friends on the server like that, but I think he put me on his ignore list :/
    Awww I wish I had goat that mail. I would try to be there friend and find out what is getting their goat. Of course I would have to correct them about the spamming. the Windfola goat community is very innovative and doesn't goat around spamming on channels. Each goat sighting/citing is a unique experience. Do you suppose that maybe the person is a goat activist? Maybe they are just upset about the fur goats everyone is wearing. Goat to go for now. Goat you later.
    Syphon lv100 burglar; Galadtharion lv100 hunter; Durweis lv86 guardian; Tarmature lv80 warden
    I'm huntin fo wabbits
    WINNER OF THE COVETED CHICKENZ "WORST BURG ON THE SERVER" AWARD

I thoroughly enjoyed the goat "spam". I was able to contribute a bit. I even found the letter in the mail somewhat amusing, no offense to the sender intended. What's the problem with having a bit of server-wide fun now and again? Granted I did see a few group requests get kind of swallowed up, but it looked like they got filled anyway. So, no harm done and a lot of fun had by all. Let's do it again!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000d6597/01001/signature.png]Sklori[/charsig]

hehe I must have lucked out; I missed the anti-goat mail.
    I was only in the Goat chat for a short period of time, but I thought it was hillarious. It makes me extremely happy to be a part of a server that can kick back and have some fun as a community.
    I say bring on the goats!

Oh wow. Someone actually took the time to mail those people who made the weekend glff more entertaining?! I was doing solo quests on my hunter in Enedwaith and solo questing is quite boring. Thank goodness you guys were on a roll otherwise I would've fallen asleep on my keyboard--at 11 am! (It didn't stop me from getting on a GS group so to me it wasn't annoying.^^) It is awesome to know there's a lot of laid-back folks in our server who make this already fun game more fun!
    "Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." L. Snicket
    [font=SegoeScript]Callysta ~ Trucido[/font]

Meh, goatspam. Not what we need Windfola to be known for.

Findurin - 85 Desperate Flighter - UnitedSands of Dark TrucidOticus | Gauwrun - r7 Stalker - A Team | Ashnakh - r5 Warleader - A Team
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?320682-Dear-Turbine-(Or-concerning-Frankenspiders)"]Support Frankenspider![/URL]

And what do we need Windfola to be known for? A bunch of grumps who are overly serious about everything and don't know how to cut loose and have fun?

As Cithryth pointed out, we're not the only server who does this. I hardly think that our Goat Chat demeans the community in any way. In fact, I have been a part of numerous "silly" chat sessions on various channels and have heard (or rather read) many players express how refreshing it is to see server members having fun together.

Seriousness is for chess. Windfola is for goats!

Quote Originally Posted by Saora View Post
    Seriousness is for chess. Windfola is for goats!
    I move that this should be our new server motto.

All in favor?

Personally, if I don't feel like listening to the goat spam, I will add those participating to my ignore list, and they remain there until I feel the need to revisit and remove

Or, I leave the channel so I don't have to deal with it LOL
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060100001149c6/signature.png]Hunnycake[/charsig]
    Moxxii 85 Minstrel ~~ Arriangil 75 Burg

Welcome to Windfola. Every so often, GLFF will break down into a seemingly endless stream of movie and tv show names with the word 'goat' inserted somewhere.

This is our thing.

Just like Brandywine's thing is Populs and Landroval's thing is Chinchillas, our thing is Goat Jokes in GLFF.

You will not be able to stop it. Don't even try. It's just the small community of Goatfola coming together to have some fun.
    GLFF channel is, I believe, the Group Looking For Fellowship channel

You have to love the wonderful community attitude displayed by someone that decides to take a community chat channel reserved for a set purpose, pollutes it inane jibbersh, and announces to all that you can go %*@$# yourself if you don't like it.

Thanks to your fine displays of selfish "me, myself, and I" I, and a large number of others, no longer monitor the GLFF channel and have ignored all those involved that I could (unfortunately, list is not long enough for everyone.)

But I do appreciate knowing who one of the selfish idiots in these childish displays is.
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

Removed because people cannot take a joke, apparently.

And arguing with those people is pointless.
    Last edited by Cithryth; Feb 18 2011 at 01:42 PM.

GLFF........Goats Looking For Fun ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000001dc8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRollinsWare View Post

You have to love the wonderful community attitude displayed by someone that decides to take a community chat channel reserved for a set purpose, pollutes it inane jibbersh, and announces to all that you can go %*@$# yourself if you don't like it.

Thanks to your fine displays of selfish "me, myself, and I" I, and a large number of others, no longer monitor the GLFF channel and have ignored all those involved that I could (unfortunately, list is not long enough for everyone.)

But I do appreciate knowing who one of the selfish idiots in these childish displays is.
    Just wow.

Take a deep breath and realize it happens once a year for 4 minutes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001283e2/signature.png]Thejawz[/charsig]

...seems like attacks are better left for mobs in end game instances or PVP rivals to me....

From what I have seen, Cith spends 99% helping and gathering community....and I guess ~~at most ~~1%~~ on goat spam (which ALSO appears to be an effort at community). A little amusement doesnt seem out of line....especially since the game is meant for amusement. Well, I'm not making any business decisions based on happenings in the 21st, anyway.

Considering the diversity, not to mention the sheer mass of humanity in-game, at any given time, its amazing to me ~~~and a testament to most people being basically decent folks, that any of us get along at all. But we DO get along for the most part.
    I didnt see the goat spam, or participate....but seems like a little goat spam never hurt anyone~ and some enjoyed it.

GLFF still seems to be functioning as meant to with plenty of daily/nightly Helegrod-Turtle-GS-you name it requests getting through and getting filled.

But if yer bugged, or grumpy or just need that 2nd cup of coffee....by all means~ use filter.

Group hug!

/bow
    Sut
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/whatsizzface/lotrosig3_zps8de263e7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=white]"Can you [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]say that my precious? I knew that you could[/SIZE]!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]~A Sut by any other name~[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Is still a Sut~[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Seriously man, let loose and have some fun!

Thank you.
    We don't want or need people like you—or your equally-overdramatic friends—chatting in GLFF or participating in our fellowships.
    So thank you for not monitoring the channel anymore. Trust me, the community is better off for it.
    Oh and we appreciate you ignoring us as well. Right back at'cha, hun.

***clipped***

This is our thing.

*** clipped ***

You will not be able to stop it. Don't even try. It's just the small community of Goatfola coming together to have some fun.

***later***

All I can say is WOW. I like how because I think the Goat jokes are funny you automatically assume I am incredibly selfish.
    Let's see ... by definition, selfish means "showing that personal needs and wishes are thought to be more important than those of other people."

Let's see, the WAC alliance has its own user chat channel - it took about one minute to set it up. So ...

CHOICE ONE
    1. Setting up a server wide open user chat "goat spam" channel and allowing anyone to join - easy to do, not selfish
    2. Putting message in common chat channel "those interested in goat spam, joine said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    3. Joining said channel - easy to do, not selfish
    4. Folks you would p**s off - none

*** versus***

CHOICE TWO
    1. Posting goat spam in GLFF AND telling the world to go screw if you don't like it - easy to do, SELFISH
    2. Folks you p**s off - more than you can count in the time it would take to choose CHOICE ONE above

I do not ASSUME anything - your statements and actions EXACTLY match said definition.
    Last edited by CharlesRollinsWare; Feb 18 2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast