We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Kinship House

Kinship House

There's a kinship house I want to buy, in a specific community. However, a kin already occupies it. I decided to message the leader and see if he would be interested in selling it. I added the leader to my friends list and I found out he hasn't logged in since August. I thought kinships get disbanded if the leader hasn't logged in for like 60 days?

Re: Kinship House

Well, Kinship houses can only be bought if you are the leader of a kin, and the kin has to be older than 3 months (in it's 7th lifespan i believe). Furthermore, you cannot sell houses to other players. and further-furthermore, if you like a house that is occupied, then go buy one from a different neighborhood.

Hope this helped ,
    -Zeldaa
    [FONT=arial black][SIZE=2]Elendilmir- Mains:
    [COLOR=#0000ff][B]Zeldaa[/B][/COLOR], lvl 85 Elven Hunter ~ Master woodworker's guild.
    [COLOR=#ffff00][B]Mehry[/B][/COLOR], lvl 85 Hobbit Minstrel ~ Master Jeweler's guild.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Xaq[/B][/COLOR], lvl 40 Man Guardian

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Prychy View Post
    There's a kinship house I want to buy, in a specific community. However, a kin already occupies it. I decided to message the leader and see if he would be interested in selling it. I added the leader to my friends list and I found out he hasn't logged in since August. I thought kinships get disbanded if the leader hasn't logged in for like 60 days?
    Also, houses can't be repo'd, only locked until rent is paid back up. So waiting for a house to become vacant is fairly impossible. Just look for a house in an open neighborhood.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000008a315/01004/signature.png]Kyarra[/charsig]

In addition to:
    Cirra Ceemstress, 72 Hobbit Hunter
    Cyrawyn, 75 Woman Captain
    Keharra Thistleknott, 38 Hobbit Warden
    Kyari, 43 Elf Runekeeper
    Kyradriel, 37 Elf Loremaster
    Kyrafern, 29 Woman Champion
    Kyre Thistleknott, 29 Hobbit Burglar
    Keralin, 28 Hobbit Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by imfromElindilmir View Post
    Furthermore, you cannot sell houses to other players.
    you can offer someone a lump sum to move out of their house. it can be risky as there';s no garentee someone won't snap up the house in the 1-24 hour period before you can, and it's expensive, so generally not worth it unless your kinship is trying to solidify control of an entire neighborhood

Just to add, if you are trying to use a Kinship neighborhood approach, unless the majority of your kin are already in another neighborhood, it's usually easiest to watch for a new neighborhood and then have folks buy in right away.
    [COLOR=#800000]Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by imfromElindilmir View Post
    Well, Kinship houses can only be bought if you are the leader of a kin, and the kin has to be older than 3 months (in it's 7th lifespan i believe). Furthermore, you cannot sell houses to other players. and further-furthermore, if you like a house that is occupied, then go buy one from a different neighborhood.

Hope this helped ,
    -Zeldaa
    Yes, I am the leader of the kin and the kin is more than three months old. That being said, do kinships still disband when the leader hasn't logged in for 60 days?

If you are using the data from mylotro to determine the kin leader, that data may be stale. There were a number of instances of problems with synchronization of that data set with the in-game data set a few months back.

Just a possibility.

You might want to look for anyone in the kin to be online, then shoot them a message.
    Viniel, 100 Minstrel -- Tokomak, 100 Guard -- Valwin, 100 Captain -- Vinlad, 100 Burglar -- Vinius, 100 Champion -- (and others)

Yes, I am the leader of the kin and the kin is more than three months old. That being said, do kinships still disband when the leader hasn't logged in for 60 days?
    Well you've jumped to the last step not the first in your reasoning. If the leader hasn't loggedi in then officers are offered the chance to usurp leadership, after a while if no officer has the regular kin members are offered the chance to usurp. As long as there is someone in the kin willing to usurp and pay the kinhouse rent the likelihood of the kinship disbanding is low.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000008a315/01004/signature.png]Kyarra[/charsig]

In addition to:
    Cirra Ceemstress, 72 Hobbit Hunter
    Cyrawyn, 75 Woman Captain
    Keharra Thistleknott, 38 Hobbit Warden
    Kyari, 43 Elf Runekeeper
    Kyradriel, 37 Elf Loremaster
    Kyrafern, 29 Woman Champion
    Kyre Thistleknott, 29 Hobbit Burglar
    Keralin, 28 Hobbit Guardian

From the Lorebook:
    "If the leader does not log in for more than 35 days or cancels his or her account, the successor receives a mail indicating the availability of the Usurp option. The successor can click the Usurp button in the Kinship panel to become leader. If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership. If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership. If a kinship goes 65 days without a new leader, the kinship will automatically disband."

If the leader really hasn't logged in for more than 65 days then it sounds like this is not working.
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

You are correct, a kinship will disband and the kin house will be back on the market if the leader is not active within a certain amount of time. It happened to a kinmate's personal kin, he finally logged back in to find all sorts of stuff in escrow and his kin house gone.

I'm not sure if the lorebook is 100% accurate at this point, as I've never received an email saying I could usurp when the option was available. Mylotro seems to not be updating properly, so it's possible that the leadership really has been usurped, else the kin should disband sometime soon.

One other reason that everyone missed...

the leader might be logged on as anonymous. It only shows up as last time they logged in without that box checked, but when logging in it comes up current on the kin roster itself.