We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LFF Tomb of Elendil

I'd like to do this quest with my captain (level 42 now) and I've pretty much given up on in-game LFF for this. I only ever got one response, and that guy has long since outleveled the quest now. Not sure posting on the forums will work any better, but it's worth a try. How about trying to meet at Tinnudir at 1pm Pacific time Sunday afternoon (Feb. 6th)?

If there are obscure and frustrating gimmicks to ToE, advice would be welcome. Obviously I've never done it before - I just want to finish this long quest line and see Narsil reforged!

Re: LFF Tomb of Elendil

I hope you get some people to participate with you and that they are not too high of level. Tomb of Elendil is a very fun instance on level. Hope you enjoy it.

If you don't find a suitable on level group, give me a shout in game. I'd be willing to run through ToE with you, just to get it done. There are some mechanics to this you have to watch out for, but its doable.
    'Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein'
    the Ministry

Note to future readers who find this thread - this doesn't work.

Question for high level folks - at what level does it become practical to solo ToE? Though sadly that messes with the timeline if I do it after parts of Vol. II. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    Note to future readers who find this thread - this doesn't work.

Question for high level folks - at what level does it become practical to solo ToE? Though sadly that messes with the timeline if I do it after parts of Vol. II. Oh well.
    Just saw this. Me and some of my kin are planning on doing this soon. I know because I was behind everyone in the quest chain and spent almost an entire evening catching up. If you are going to be on this weekend look me up or shoot me a PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001d1597/signature.png]Fingolfar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by BregaladQuickbeam View Post
    Just saw this. Me and some of my kin are planning on doing this soon. I know because I was behind everyone in the quest chain and spent almost an entire evening catching up. If you are going to be on this weekend look me up or shoot me a PM.
    OK. We are going to try to get a fellowship c. 3:00 p.m. today Eastern US time.

We will LM lvl 46 (maybe 47, if I can get enough XP by then)
    Hunter lvl 50
    Guard 43 (probably, may not be able to make it

and at least one other person, because the three of us tried to do this last night, we almost finished, but kept wiping in the last battle (at least we think it is the last battle, the one where all the tomb robber jump you, then another set jumps you)

Anyone who needs this quest (or who wants to help us complete this quest) is welcome.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001d1597/signature.png]Fingolfar[/charsig]

Not the "last" battle.

You go, find the item is missing, then get sent back to kill a nice little turtle.

It is a long run, about 2-3 hours for an on level group. But, it is cool for the story line. I am surprised that it was never turned into a regular instance, with all the work that went into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacy View Post
    Not the "last" battle.

You go, find the item is missing, then get sent back to kill a nice little turtle.

It is a long run, about 2-3 hours for an on level group. But, it is cool for the story line. I am surprised that it was never turned into a regular instance, with all the work that went into it.
    Yes, we know about the turtle now. Nasty gimmicky turtle, we hates it we do!

Without a burglar there's no way an on-level group stands a chance. We didn't, and we were levels 43-50. I just posted this quest in the sticky "difficulty levels and recommendations" thread in the Quests forum, suggesting that it's at least level 50, and that since the stupid gimmicky turtle fight is a weird and arbitrary choice of boss they should just cut that section and have the silithar drop from the bandit boss in order to make it a reasonable level 40 quest.

Honestly I've begun to seriously question grouping in general - three of the four group areas I've tried have ended in repeated wipes and failure to complete the objectives (Dol Dinen's Master of the Black Tide; Fornost; now ToE). The fourth group area I've tried was the spider area in the Trollshaws; succeeding at badly designed, not-fun quests doesn't exactly count in it's favor. Makes me wonder if there is any group content that doesn't suck...