We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Global LFF

Global LFF

No not THAT glff!

I mean a real official channel that provides for LFF requests across the entire game.

Now I know what you're thinking; that would just devolve into the same old user created glff we have now.

BUT, if there were certain restrictions/caveats to using it, then it might work.

For instance perhaps making a request in it requires some coin. OR there is a cool down between a player's posts to it (like once per minute).

I would find this a much better LFF solution than having to rely on glff where LFF requests can quickly be buried in the inane conversation there, and where all chat in that channel is the same color.

Of course, we ultimately need a much better LFF tool. But this would be a good first step.
    [COLOR=Red][/COLOR]

Re: Global LFF

Give it up, if Turbine wanted to improve the grouping features for the game they would have done it a while ago before they started nerfing and deleting the group quests.
    Last edited by Params7; Jan 31 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Would love this tbh.

/support

So long as they add in Global Trade, OOC, and Advice channels as well.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

or you can just come on a good server :P. The imladris glff server is clean, spam-free and populated only by lff requests. There's usually about 50 people on it when i'm on which isn't huge but it's enough. There's a very strong norm among the imladris community that you only use /glff for lff and the community polices itself well.

Tools are only as good as the players who use them. If you don't have a good/controlled server population then any /glff channel is going to degenerate into /world. And when server population gets bigger it's inevitably harder to police - imladris is pretty tight knit so most people know the people they're wanting to group with so you don't want to burn your bridges.
    [url=http://docholidaymmo.com/tag/lore-mastery/]Lore-mastery[/url] - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    So long as they add in Global Trade, OOC, and Advice channels as well.
    Indeed. A global advice channel would also be very welcome. They could simply turn the current one into a global channel, however those higher in level would be irritated by the constant stream of newb questions from the starter zones.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychobabbleJJ View Post
    Tools are only as good as the players who use them. If you don't have a good/controlled server population then any /glff channel is going to degenerate into /world. And when server population gets bigger it's inevitably harder to police - imladris is pretty tight knit so most people know the people they're wanting to group with so you don't want to burn your bridges.
    Well it's too late for that on most servers. lol. glff is what it is.

I would think with an 'official' channel that can only receive posts from any individual once per minute it would have pretty limited use. That would make it too difficult to carry on any conversation. LFF requests would be the only thing it would be good for.
    [COLOR=Red][/COLOR]

./regional does the entire region, which used to be the world but it is still most of the world. Wouldn't be bad but would be one thing to take the time to turn off....and I don't know if I could handle that stress.... :P
    [center][color=green]-Hunter Relithriel of Mirkwood,lvl 75.-[/color] [color=grey]-Guardian Ameillia Aidenial lvl 65- [/color] [color=purple]-Burglar Saralin Hopewood of Rohan,lvl 65,-[/color] [color=orange]-Minstral Lasyla of the Fallohides,lvl 65-[/color] [color=blue] Rune-Keeper Istarwin -65,[/color] [color=gold]Warden Shein -65,[/color] [color=red]Champion Wichitaw,lvl 65-[/color] [color=teal] LoreMaster Eveah Saintnoire, 66-[/color] [color=black] Stalker Zelioth[/color] ~Vilya~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001dda9/01008/signature.png]Lithium[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
    I would find this a much better LFF solution than having to rely on glff where LFF requests can quickly be buried in the inane conversation there, and where all chat in that channel is the same color.

Of course, we ultimately need a much better LFF tool. But this would be a good first step.
    Bumping this because the inane conversations going on in GLFF is truly getting on my nerves. I try to block those who won't stop drivelling, but I can't possibly block everyone.

The first thing I do with any of my character is to turn off Regional and OOC. I want to be playing the game, not listening in to VIPs complaining about F2P, or WoW refugees reminiscing about WoW, or insecure PVPers boasting about their moor deeds.

The regional LFFs work for low level content, but by end-game, everyone is spread out over Moria, Mirkwood, Lothlorien, and Enedwaith. This forces me to go onto GLFF and expose myself to all those things I filtered out again.

I don't understand why Turbine can spend so much effort on designing raids and instances, but so little into making any useful lobby and interface for people to actually get into them.

Unhappy Re: Global LFF

At the moment the Glff channel is used for: spam, trade, advice and sometimes even for lff's

*Please* give us more channels :'(