We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Considering if forming a Coop would have merit

I'm considering if forming a cooperative has value to others. For example, I have supreme mastery as an explorer in Forestry, Prospecting and Tailoring. So I can provide materials to woodworkers, metalworkers, and jewelers, and can tailor a broad range of light and medium armour. Having cooperative arrangements with pretty much any other vocation could be great, as long as it benefits all parties.

So my questions are as follows, and uses the assumption that I'm not the first to think of this;
    1) What key points/rules drive the success of such an arrangement?
    2) how do you make such cooperation reasonably fair/equitable? Based on recipe difficulty, material procurement, what?
    3) How do you handle items created 'for profit' as opposed to for personal use?
    4) Does this approach work, or in the end should I just develop and use my alts?

Re: Considering if forming a Coop would have merit

Honestly, it would be very difficult to maintain unless you (and every one else in it) either trusts each other or are willing to Expect that there will be "unequitable" exchanges going on. I would suggest either doing it on your own (not that hard to do if you're willing to put in the time), join a kin where this is "normal" - with expectation of "unequitability", or find really close friends to do it.

Good luck!
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Re: Considering if forming a Coop would have merit

It is a question of trust. It is easier to do it within a guild since the population pool is smaller and the untrustable are easier to see. Though I gave/traded multiple items and never had problem getting services/favors back from these people, minus a few exception. This is what make a community a community I guess.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]