We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I am so sick of rude people

Playing in Agamur this morning collecting tokens for a quest. I had started a javelin skill induction and half way through the countdown an arrow flys past me from behind me and tags the MOB I was targeting.

I so want the option to help MOBs take out players.

There are still a lot of very nice players in the game, but the rude selfish ones really stand out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001140ed/01007/signature.png]Intombi[/charsig]

Re: I am so sick of rude people

Quote Originally Posted by SixFootDwarf View Post
    Playing in Agamur this morning collecting tokens for a quest. I had started a javelin skill induction and half way through the countdown an arrow flys past me from behind me and tags the MOB I was targeting.

There are still a lot of very nice players in the game, but the rude selfish ones really stand out.
    Just out of curiosity, how long was this induction? you said it was about halfway through, so I wanted to get a sense of how long this other player had to look around, realize you were intending to attack that mob (you know, he can't see your induction bar), and so forth.

Is there a visual on the mob for that attack? I know some skills have them and some don't. If not than I would assume he/she didn't notice you. I doubt I would have. I tend to develop blinders when I'm in slaughter mode. If this bothers you as a warden I would suggest never playing a burg. It's very easy for someone to snag a mob your sneaking up on as they can't see you when your sneaking in stealth.
    Half of being clever is making certain you are not being stupid.

Calabar:65 Hunter – Ullrick:65 Hunter – Farli:65 Minstrel – Raedan:65 Champion – Garrian:65 Captain – Karzack:65 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    Is there a visual on the mob for that attack?
    No visual for Hunter or Warden unless the Hunter is using Heartseeker. Captain, Lore Masters and Burglars have debuffs that they can apply which do not upset the target. I noticed most players do not see the debuffs. Do not care. They are perfectly happy to tag a mob with "Reveal Weakness" on it.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

So, of the thousands and thousands of mobs you've killed someone snagged one? Not even a "unique" mob, just hall trash? You have a choice to make here -- let something that matters not in the least bring you down, or shrug it off and go kill another of the infinite mobs. Sorry you made the poorer choice.

Hunters have amazing range. I've run into an area, seen a mob, and dropped it...to find out someone from another direction had been about to hit it. A quick wave and we both move on. I've been on the other side of it too.

Really, if you're angry enough about this that you left game to come post you should probably stop MMO playing and load a nice single player game.

A rude player watches you clear an entire area to get to a named needed for a quest, waits until you're halfway through killing the last mob before engaging the boss, then runs right past you and tags the named.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red][B]Nicodemous Bloodhelm, lvl65 Dwarf Champ, Firefoot - Mithril Knights[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Red][B]Vhat vas zhat, sandvich? Kill zem all? GOOD IDEA![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Red][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

i helped a guy through several quests that i had completed already. then he left without saying goodbye, then later asked me to help him again, but i was in a group of 5, so i invited him in, and he said he needed a quest, even though we all had completed it, and it was a difficult group one, we helped him finish it. then he left without saying goodbye or even thanking me.

i had the same thing happen 7 times in an hour this morning.and im playing a burgler but it happened when i wasnt sneaking. so i feel your pain. seems this kind of thing goes in cycles but could be solved by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post
    A rude player watches you clear an entire area to get to a named needed for a quest, waits until you're halfway through killing the last mob before engaging the boss, then runs right past you and tags the named.

That's happened with me and ore nodes a few times.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

In the time it took you to post this, you could have waited for that specific mob to respawn, kill it, wait for it to respawn again, then kill it again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001f0715/signature.png]Kromdir[/charsig]

I have noticed this behavior all too many times too. A mob should be indicated as 'taken' when a player like a burg has a debuff on it. Wardens should get a notification too as the hunter does with the long inducted heartseeker.
    Nevanna~Lynxa~Amasal~Lagurtha~Hybiscuits
    "I am rather tired, and no longer young enough to pillage the night to make up for the deficit of hours in the day..." JRR Tolkien, Letter # 174

Quote Originally Posted by knowfere View Post
    I have noticed this behavior all too many times too. A mob should be indicated as 'taken' when a player like a burg has a debuff on it. Wardens should get a notification too as the hunter does with the long inducted heartseeker.
    The heartseeker marker was put in for the "benefit" of PvMP creeps. It has nothing to do with PvE and, originally, didn't have the target marker.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Calabar View Post
    Is there a visual on the mob for that attack? I know some skills have them and some don't. If not than I would assume he/she didn't notice you. I doubt I would have. I tend to develop blinders when I'm in slaughter mode. If this bothers you as a warden I would suggest never playing a burg. It's very easy for someone to snag a mob your sneaking up on as they can't see you when your sneaking in stealth.
    afaik every induction based javellin skill has the warden crouch down (and stay crouched until they release) as they get ready to throw, it's pretty easy to notice.

i think you're the rude selfish person for thinking that mob was yours. It was not your property and you had the same rights to it as anyone else in the game. "im so sick of people thinking they own mobs and make others bow to their will" kind of players.

Same is a problem for Burgs and Lore-masters. Burgs have their stealth mode, which of course makes them invisible, thereby making it impossible for anyone else to know that they're already targeting a mob. I've had that happen to me with my Burg many times, and yep it's very irritating. But not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MajUntagent View Post
    afaik every induction based javellin skill has the warden crouch down (and stay crouched until they release) as they get ready to throw, it's pretty easy to notice.
    Lore-masters have the same issue, which is the same issue Warden Ambushers have. They both stand off a ways from the target, and they have long induction times. So it's easy for some other player to come along, see a mob, and start going at it. To think that they should notice our induction times is somewhat reasonable, but is really self-centered. Do we really really believe everyone in the world is looking at and watching us specifically...?

Besides the long induction times, we stand off from the targets and that makes it that much more difficult for someone to know that we're actually targeting something in particular. Now if someone was standing right next to a mob, then it would be reasonable to assuming they have something to do with it, and therefore to wait and see, or move on.

Another thing:
    Not all players are going to know what each class looks like when they're inducing a particular skill. There are plenty of emotes that make the character look like he's doing something, but you may not know what that something is. You might reasonably assume that that character is just messing around, or who knows what. Unless, of course, that character is standing right next to a mob.

Eh, never mind that. All mob thieves should be clubbed into oblivion!!
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][B]But when dark things come from the houseless hills, or creep from sunless woods, they fly from us. What roads would any dare to tread, what safety would there be in quiet lands, or in the homes of simple men at night, if the Dunedain were asleep, or were all gone into the grave?[/B] - [I]Aragorn, at the Council of Elrond[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by esdumby View Post
    i think you're the rude selfish person for thinking that mob was yours. It was not your property and you had the same rights to it as anyone else in the game. "im so sick of people thinking they own mobs and make others bow to their will" kind of players.

He was setting up an ambush. That means he was crouching in from of the mob. There is no way that you cannot see that he did have it targeted. It's good manners not to take the kill away from him.

It's just as bad as seeing someone fighting their way to a resource node and get it while they are busy fighting toward it.

I would never do that to someone.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

For all of the apologist here berating the OP, yes more often than not it is rudeness. When you're walking up to a mob ready to attack, and some ranged player tags in right in front of your face, I'm not sure it's accidental. Happens a lot these days.

Goreamir - 100 Cap | Jinwe - 88 Hnt | Celebourne - 90 Champ | Humblefoot - 75 Min | Dorfus - 74 Grd | Creonath - 55 Wdn | Stormcraban - 35 LM | Whippit - 35 Brg | Thangadir - 33 RK | Bucksexton - 24 Bng

Lets see F2P comes to game and then Rude people follow.... I seem to see a pattern...

Try playing a Minstrel and having a DEED for rezzing people, and the RK's rez completes faster.

It if VERY annoying having RK's Rez before you, and your supposed to be THE healing class. FML
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

Hehe try captains.. they have the worst Rez deed progression... Frequently level 65 caps will still have not completed the deed.

I'm leveling a Captain at present so seeing a lot of 'new' players around, plenty of people in the same surrounding area. I've even accidently attacked a mob I didn't realise someone was targetting. I always apologise however, and give them a buff or two in return. Accidents do happen.

What I really dislike is clearing trash mobs at a camp whilst someone else just stands and watches a tough 3-4 mob fight without lifting a finger. As I'm finishing off the last mob they'll run in and do whatever needs to be done in the camp... THAT is just blatantly rude.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt if it happens once. But if they follow me around and continue to do it, I usually just leave or wait for them to finish and then finish what I'm doing. I don't want to group with someone that annoys the hell out of me, so sometimes I just have to wait it out.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy131 View Post
    Same is a problem for Burgs and Lore-masters. Burgs have their stealth mode, which of course makes them invisible, thereby making it impossible for anyone else to know that they're already targeting a mob.
    Not impossible. You need to spot the Reveal Weakness icon. But you're right. It's worse for burgs, and the OP's problem is likely a consequence of an oblivious player (i.e. my brother's six year old), and/or someone who has no clue what that Warden is doing squatting down by that tree.

Quote Originally Posted by commodore1 View Post
    seems this kind of thing goes in cycles but could be solved by the company.
    ....please, please tell me you're joking, or just trolling....

Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Killien View Post
    What I really dislike is clearing trash mobs at a camp whilst someone else just stands and watches a tough 3-4 mob fight without lifting a finger. As I'm finishing off the last mob they'll run in and do whatever needs to be done in the camp... THAT is just blatantly rude.
    Ya, and then somebody will make a thread whining about some evil person taking 50 xp away from them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast