We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loremaster Pets

Loremaster Pets

Honestly as a Loremaster you have Talismans to change the look of your pet.
    For Ravens:
    Blood
    Mottled
    Frost
    Storm
    Weathered
    For Bears:
    Black
    Black-paw
    Weathered
    Tundra
    Polar
    Wild-paw
    and many others for each creature.

But I was thinking they don't have a "Panda" talisman so I was wondering do you guys think the should create a "Tailsman of the Bear - Panda" or what.

Re: Loremaster Pets

Haha, I'm all for it, but Berephon, MadeOfLions, and others would probably murder me.

Hmmm Pandas are too cute to be used as a combat pet

Maybe Cosmetic ?
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Considering they're native to ONE country in the entire world (China), probably not. Same reason we won't be getting Koala Bear pets anytime soon, either.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Considering they're native to ONE country in the entire world (China), probably not. Same reason we won't be getting Koala Bear pets anytime soon, either.
    Well, a Koala bear is Not a bear regardless of it's name As for the RL location of Pandas, the game won't have to use That name, but still be able to provide one that Looks like one? Come on, don't you want a panda following you around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Haha, I'm all for it, but Berephon, MadeOfLions, and others would probably murder me.
    hey now....the panda's debuff already exists in game...plenty of justification right there

Smile Re: Loremaster Pets

How about a Kung Fu Panda!!??!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Panda
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000016824/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JeanCarlo View Post
    Come on, don't you want a panda following you around ?
    Only if it's a Red Panda so I can name it Firefox
    R.I.P. Big E

Well, a Koala bear is Not a bear regardless of it's name As for the RL location of Pandas, the game won't have to use That name, but still be able to provide one that Looks like one? Come on, don't you want a panda following you around ?
    Pandas are not bears either for that matter...
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    According to Wikipedia it is.

"For many decades the precise taxonomic classification of the Giant Panda was under debate because it shares characteristics of both bears and raccoons. However, molecular studies suggest that the Giant Panda is a true bear and part of the Ursidae family, though it differentiated early in history from the main ursine stock."
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I don't see why a Panda couldn't be added. If men from the east brought elephants surely they could have brought a Panda bear.

While I would like to see a Panda added, it would be more cool to have it have mood emotes also lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Already answered but yea, pandas Are bears

Already answered but yea, pandas Are bears
    btw, I wasn't saying that Koalas are bears. I just used them as an example because they popped into my head as an animal that is specific to a particular region of the world, like Lemurs or something.
    [/SIZE]

Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!

Try to sneak it past them anyway? Would it all help if we start complaining about how all the bear mobs look to similar in the game? Then maybe panda bear look alikes can be re-skinned onto a bear mob that exists in an upcoming zone and consequently we can get a panda bear talisman as a rep reward in that zone or something.

Obviously the name and habitat would need to be changed somewhat, but I 9 out of 10 Lore-Masters would agree with me when I say our new Shamda bear pets can coexist with the lore.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK[/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Silver]/Smiter of Foes, [COLOR=Yellow]Vanyar[/COLOR][/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [COLOR=Silver][INDENT]Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, [COLOR=Yellow]Crosser of Roads[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Mender of Afflictions, [COLOR=Yellow]Expositor of Words[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Pet Rock Owner, [COLOR=Yellow]Quendi of Cuiviénen[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Exile [COLOR=Yellow]11/15/08[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

How about:
    • Spotted Bear
    • Painted Bear (like the steed)
    • Black-and-white Bear
    • This-only-looks-like-a-Panda Bear

Maybe if you're a bit creative you can slip it past them .
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Smoeki View Post
    I don't see why a Panda couldn't be added. If men from the east brought elephants surely they could have brought a Panda bear.

While I would like to see a Panda added, it would be more cool to have it have mood emotes also lol.
    Yes, but since you pull your pets from the local fauna, it wouldn't make sense. Also, Pandas are not used for war and thus wouldn't be brought halfway around the world by the Easterlings.
    It's arguable if they represent Asians at all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000002aa5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Arthist - Elf Runekeeper //Brigid - Woman Minstrel//Cirielithil - Elf Loremaster//Uathach - Elf Hunter//Aife - Woman Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Aislingi View Post
    Yes, but since you pull your pets from the local fauna, it wouldn't make sense. Also, Pandas are not used for war and thus wouldn't be brought halfway around the world by the Easterlings.
    It's arguable if they represent Asians at all.
    ugh thank you lol! There's something that's been bugging me about the "pandas can't be in game because they're from China" argument and I couldn't figure out what! Now I do, LOL!

Granted that Pandas (and again, Turbine doesn't have to use that name/word) comes from a different continent... But how does that explain Sabertooths??!?!? Even given that they are in game (Forochel originally), aren't they, vis a vis Earth (which is the point of Panda being from China... ), from a totally different Era???

Edit: And I have no Idea how I got that out of my head with your post lol but the "local fauna" part triggered it

ugh thank you lol! There's something that's been bugging me about the "pandas can't be in game because they're from China" argument and I couldn't figure out what! Now I do, LOL!

Granted that Pandas (and again, Turbine doesn't have to use that name/word) comes from a different continent... But how does that explain Sabertooths??!?!? Even given that they are in game (Forochel originally), aren't they, vis a vis Earth (which is the point of Panda being from China... ), from a totally different Era???

Edit: And I have no Idea how I got that out of my head with your post lol but the "local fauna" part triggered it
    Sabertooth cats are far easier to justify.
    Remember, there are drakes walking around too. This takes place in a time of myth. Ancient creatures can be more easily justified, than non=aggressive animals from a country that, for the most part, is barely mentioned and arguably not involved at all in the Rings books.
    I find it odd to question the fact that sabertooth cats can't still exist along side giant spiders, worms, and great eagles.

However, I really wouldn't have a problem with a panda pet, to be honest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000002aa5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Arthist - Elf Runekeeper //Brigid - Woman Minstrel//Cirielithil - Elf Loremaster//Uathach - Elf Hunter//Aife - Woman Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    btw, I wasn't saying that Koalas are bears. I just used them as an example because they popped into my head as an animal that is specific to a particular region of the world, like Lemurs or something.
    I think lemurs would be a great pet and they would give us a run buff since they like to "move it."

plus others

Quote Originally Posted by Deaphret View Post
    I think lemurs would be a great pet and they would give us a run buff since they like to "move it."
    I'm going to have that stuck in my head all day now. Thanks a lot!
    [/SIZE]

Remember, there are drakes walking around too. This takes place in a time of myth. Ancient creatures can be more easily justified, than non=aggressive animals from a country that, for the most part, is barely mentioned and arguably not involved at all in the Rings books.
    I find it odd to question the fact that sabertooth cats can't still exist along side giant spiders, worms, and great eagles.

non-aggressive my foot....

the panda is a wild animal...and like any wild animal they WILL get aggressive if you are not careful

pandas are bears...and bears can be territorial...especially during mating...they can also get aggressive if threatened...or if you get near a mothers young.

remember most of all we know about pandas is what is gleaned from those born in captivity in zoos.

we have hardly any info about wild pandas...

according to china...your non-aggressive panda kills on average about 2 or 3 people a year...note this does not count poachers killed by pandas just regular folk.(china doesnt include poachers in those stats as they feel they got what they deserved)

Not really, at least in the context that we're discussing here. Unlike Drakes, Giant spiders, worms et al, who Are mythological creatures, Sabertooths are Not. They Existed in real life. Again, the 'similarity' between a Panda and a Sabertooth is that they are both from Earth; one is supposedly not in the game due to Geographical separation, but that's what's raising the question in my head, while the other is separated by time.

Drakes can also be considered from real earth too. Because many have made the argument that the dragon mythos from around the world are based on dinosaurs. I am not saying that is true but what I am saying is its a possibility because almost all myths are based in some truth. Could dragons and dinosaurs be the same creature ? Could be cuz it would explain why so many different cultures have myths about dragons. There is no logical way to explain how so many cultures have dragon like creatures in their history/myths if people didnt encounter dragon like creatures at some point in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by prez420 View Post
    Drakes can also be considered from real earth too. Because many have made the argument that the dragon mythos from around the world are based on dinosaurs. I am not saying that is true but what I am saying is its a possibility because almost all myths are based in some truth. Could dragons and dinosaurs be the same creature ? Could be cuz it would explain why so many different cultures have myths about dragons. There is no logical way to explain how so many cultures have dragon like creatures in their history/myths if people didnt encounter dragon like creatures at some point in the past.
    VERY BIG difference between what we KNOW to be True, versus assumptions, beliefs, etc tho... I mean heck if we want to speculate, could Dwarves be real too albeit in a different time? We even use that word/term Now, and not in terms of fantasy (e.g. Dwarfism is a medical term).

Quote Originally Posted by Mines_of_Moria View Post
    Maybe if you're a bit creative you can slip it past them .
    I'm guessing this thread would probably draw suspicion and he'd suddenly have people "peeking in" all the time, ready to nix the panda bear before it starts!

Tis a sad day for the panda.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast