We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pick the class of my 5th character!

Well I want to get all 5 of my allowed characters to lvl 20 so I can get the riding skill on all of them before my VIP runs out (got SoA and MoM, I think I have about 45 days left -- so plenty of time). I already have a Hunter, a Champion, a Captain, and a Runekeeper. So that leaves Burg, Guardian, LM, Minstrel, and Warden. I like both solo and group play. I am new to LOTRO AND MMO's.

So, what class should I pick? If you have any questions/comments/concerns, shoot!

Re: Pick the class of my 5th character!

Warden, so you can enjoy the one time downgrade perks on both of your premium classes. Also roll characters in your 6th and 7th character slots, (which will then lock when your time is up) for the onetime benefits, even just loging them in to the introduction gets them the benefits of VIP, and will save you a lot of TP in the long run if you ever desire to unlock those character slots by purchasing w/TP.
    Check out
    http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/09/bes...ount-type.html for details.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Hi,

Thought I would use an existing thread instead of starting a new one.

I am looking to create a second Imladris character along with my Captain, looking into something not played much. What is really lacking in Imladris? I tried looking in a few areas, didn't see many Burglars or Lore-Masters.
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Although I can be called a bit biased, but I'd suggest Loremaster to both of you guys

Its great for soloing as well as grouping and one of the classes that gets only better and better with each new level.....masters of cc and debuffing and extremely adept at AoE burst damage, can heal a bit, act as the most efficient power batteries......The versatility of the class is amazing and there is some role you can fulfil in any situation One thing though....there is a LOT to learn when playing an LM.....there is so much to know and so many mechanics that there are surprises and new things you can find and do even when youre level cap....

Also its a great class to play alongside a Captain.....my main is an LM and my alt is a Captain.....playing a melee tank type captain class after playing the tactical ranged caster type LM class was a refreshing change, and not too drastic because of some similar things like pets, off healing, group utility of buffs/debuffs.......so the transition is pleasant...
    Last edited by silverblade5445; Feb 28 2012 at 07:34 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

So months from now when your 4 chars are 75 what would you have?

DPS=Hunter/Champ
    Healer= runekeeper
    Mix=Captain

Each one of those toons can do a few things well (except for the hunter) So I would go with a CC or pure tank if I were you. Burg or guard. The Burg can do so much and is excellent, you should be able to find plenty of raids and be fine in PvP should you choose that. A guard is a pure tank, and a good one gets into groups a great one is sought out.

If it were me I would roll a burg.

Quote Originally Posted by Glicyn View Post
    Hi,

Thought I would use an existing thread instead of starting a new one.

I am looking to create a second Imladris character along with my Captain, looking into something not played much. What is really lacking in Imladris? I tried looking in a few areas, didn't see many Burglars or Lore-Masters.
    Burgs, especially higher level ones, seem to be in demand on the server.

I've also seen burg stuff (like LIs) going for significantly less on auction than comparable items for other classes, so that could be an advantage.

I think hunters are still on the opposite end of the spectrum.
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

Well, I have now been running a Burg so far up to level 16, it is a good class with only a few drawbacks. Does seem to be in demand, a few times when I was around level 10-12 I got fellowship requests I thought was odd, I never got any as Captain. One made me laugh and get a bit nervous at the same time, It showed a list of 4 level 20s and they tried requesting a few times, I just kept looking at their levels in the 20s and mine around 10-12 and asking how they expected me to keep up. I have spent all 16 levels figuring the class out.

EDIT - Currently http://my.lotro.com/home/character/4...6162587844329/
    Last edited by Glicyn; Mar 08 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin

Ask anyone the what the best class is in the game besides their own. They will (more than likely) say burglar, unless they are a burglar then they might say champ or hunter or something. Burglars can cc, dps and create fms. Their CC can be compared to a lm, the dps can be compared to captin. (burgs have better dps than a captin.) Burgs all the way
    Jeridz l Rank 9 l Minstrel l Apex l Elendilmir

Recently spent some time doing a tutorial on grinding TP early and each time tried a class I haven't used (currently have a Captain and Hobbit Burglar). Thinking of trying one of the following for another character.
    Dwarf Minstrel
    Dwarf Hunter
    Elf Minstrel

I can see why Hunter is liked, it is like a military sharpshooter (I served in Signal), I could kill some mobs before they got into melee especially once I had the Focus Skill. Minstrel was interesting and something I wanted to try, seemed to really get going once I had War Speech before that it was a bit tricky. Didn't like Champion or Guardian, too much combat skills for me, I like some versatility and Lore Master seems slow, all I ever had was that Raven for assistance. I don't have Rune Keeper or Warden to try out, whenever I get Moria I will and might do either Rune Keeper or whatever I don't pick from the above two classes.
    Soldiers of Gondor - Kin