We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bar changer possible?

I have an idea for a mod, but I have no idea if it can be done at all, and am just asking here. I'm actually surprised this isn't a part of the game by default.

On my healers, and tanks, I have two VERY distinct sets of skills. For both, there are unique skills that do not overlap with the other things we can do (healing-dps and tanking-dps).

Whenever I change traits to go from one to the other, I have to totally change around all my skill bars, and it is extremely time consuming. Ideally what I would like is to push a button, and bam... My dps set is now in place and my healing set is hiding, or vice versa. I'd like it to use the key bindings I already have set up, too.

If you ever played WoW, you'll remember this was done automatically, by the default system, with no addons needed, but there were addons that could improve on this. Since this has no default system in place, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is currently impossible, but would appreciate any insight anyone may have.

This is one of the things that has really bothered me since I started playing in 2007, but I've learned to tolerate it, so it's not the end of the world, but it would be really helpful. I might be encouraged to heal more with something like this in place, or even tank once in a while. Thank you.

Re: Bar changer possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenasp View Post
    I have an idea for a mod, but I have no idea if it can be done at all, and am just asking here. I'm actually surprised this isn't a part of the game by default.

On my healers, and tanks, I have two VERY distinct sets of skills. For both, there are unique skills that do not overlap with the other things we can do (healing-dps and tanking-dps).

Whenever I change traits to go from one to the other, I have to totally change around all my skill bars, and it is extremely time consuming. Ideally what I would like is to push a button, and bam... My dps set is now in place and my healing set is hiding, or vice versa. I'd like it to use the key bindings I already have set up, too.

If you ever played WoW, you'll remember this was done automatically, by the default system, with no addons needed, but there were addons that could improve on this. Since this has no default system in place, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is currently impossible, but would appreciate any insight anyone may have.

This is one of the things that has really bothered me since I started playing in 2007, but I've learned to tolerate it, so it's not the end of the world, but it would be really helpful. I might be encouraged to heal more with something like this in place, or even tank once in a while. Thank you.
    Given what I have seen of other quickslot bar plugins, I think this would be feasible with the current setup. Currently, they can set skills that appear and disappear given conditions on your character. It is potentially possible that they could appear and disappear based on a toggle that you select ("solo" vs. "group," for example)

However, there is one major drawback, that currently applies to all of these, and all future quickslot plugins produced. It is not possible to bind keys to quickslots in plugins. Therefore, this would only be doable if you were willing to click all of your skills with the mouse. Some people do this already, so it may not be that much different, but for button-pushers this is not going to be a possibility.

The key bindings problem makes it a no go for me, as it's one of the things I require. Thank you for the response, though. I thought I had read that when I was in beta, but wasn't certain.

I might opt to just get a bar mod that will let me quickly drag stuff around so I'm set up quicker. As it stands, I have to hunt everything down because my bars are pretty full.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenasp View Post
    The key bindings problem makes it a no go for me, as it's one of the things I require. Thank you for the response, though. I thought I had read that when I was in beta, but wasn't certain.

I might opt to just get a bar mod that will let me quickly drag stuff around so I'm set up quicker. As it stands, I have to hunt everything down because my bars are pretty full.
    Look into TonicBars. Other than the KeyBinding problem (which almost EVERYONE requests that I add, and can't because of the API limitation) it should do just about everything you are looking for.

You can create bars and make them Either invisible until you select over them, or you can change their visibility at will. That will allow you to setup some of your bars as you like.

The other thing that 2.3.1 (the last stable build) added was Easy Bars, a set of class specific bars that are triggered for things like Focus, Attonement, Furvor, Guardian / Burg / Mini Tiered skills.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

I use autohotkey for this.

I just set up a bunch of MouseClickDrag events to rearrange my bars for me when I press control-R.