We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post A Threat to Bree (1/23, 62+)

The brigand leader looked about the crumbling ruins and cackled. In his mind's eye, he saw the toppled stone slabs covered in barrels of the finest Prancing Pony ale; the ground carpeted in lavish, velvet robes of those decadent Bree townsfolk; and his armor racks piled high with dangerous and, best of all, free, weapons.

His gaze brushed over the ominous stone idol that, weeks and weeks ago, had seemed to call him and his mercenaries here and his eyes swam for a moment. He rubbed his temples as an uncomfortable tickle formed in the back of his skull and he growled. Just a few more days, he kept thinking to himself. In just a few days, he would finally burst into town, burn and pillage, and release the pent up energy that had been building so long in him. A new smirk grew on his face, and it swelled and swelled until it became a maniacal laugh.

They would crush the soft Bree-folk like a monstrous wave shattering an old, worn out rowboat. Pity the poor fools stupid enough to be in that rowboat.

You've heard a rumor help may be needed in Bree! Find Thunder the lore-master near the Boar Fountain to rally the town and push back the assault. 11pm EST / 8 pm PST on Sunday, January 23.

Skirmish part of the event likely held at 62+ unless we're lucky enough to field a group at a lower level, too. RP in /say to add some spice to the event; wave at Thunder to fellow up and use /f for some chatting/organization.
    [I][COLOR="Yellow"][B]The Watch[/B] of Windfola, [/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Bolo | Wrohs | Wints[/I]
    [URL="http://www.the-watch.net"]www.the-watch.net[/URL] | Values: RL first, Patience, Enjoying the Journey, Story[/COLOR]

Re: A Threat to Bree (1/23, 62+)

You know you can count on me being there

Looking forward to battling back the foes that threaten Bree!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000134c5f/signature.png]Jenidal[/charsig]

Thunder squinted at the distant horizon and frowned. He knew he couldn't see the trade caravans unless they were only hours away, yet still he wondered what could have slowed them up. They traveled with a small contingent of warriors and the strength of the nearby brigand bands surely wasn't enough to overcome them.

If they were delayed by some new violent threat or by natural disaster, that was cause for worry. It wasn't common knowledge, but their few days' delay left Bree particularly vulnerable. The last two caravans had both been diverted directly to Trestlebridge due to increased orc activity in that region, and the Mayor had quietly ordered weaponry and armor brought north to aid the cause. It was a noble gesture, but should have been done only when the replenishments from the latest caravans had actually arrived, not when they were expected to.

Thunder nodded to himself and turned decisively. He knew what he would do. A scout would be sent into the Chetwood. If the scout returned with news that the brigands were on the move, the gates could be closed and made defensible. Now, if the scout didn’t return at all… Thunder could only shudder with the thought of how much damage brigands could do running amok in the town itself.

Just how uncommon was the knowledge of Bree's vulnerability?

Looking forward to running with you guys tonight! Anyone else care to join for an in-character event, show on up. You can even join for the before and after in-char parts if you're not near the level cap (but may have to miss the skirmish if that's the case). Cheers.
    Last edited by trumble; Jan 23 2011 at 01:17 PM.
    [I][COLOR="Yellow"][B]The Watch[/B] of Windfola, [/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]Bolo | Wrohs | Wints[/I]
    [URL="http://www.the-watch.net"]www.the-watch.net[/URL] | Values: RL first, Patience, Enjoying the Journey, Story[/COLOR]

I will make an attempt to be there tonight but lately I've been having lots of problems getting the game to run and it is getting very frustrating (had to pass up a HoC run, an SG run among other things all due to performance issues).

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    I will make an attempt to be there tonight but lately I've been having lots of problems getting the game to run and it is getting very frustrating (had to pass up a HoC run, an SG run among other things all due to performance issues).
    Event concluded and summarized in the Roleplay forums (click me to go to that post).

I think I'll post all event announcement and followup posts in that forum instead of here to avoid cluttering up the general chat of these forums, so keep more of an eye on those forums for future things like these.

Hope you get your problems worked out for next time, Cithryth!
    Last edited by trumble; Jan 24 2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Added link to Roleplay forum post